Warrior Dash

Forge

I ran in the inaugural Warrior Dash Kansas City yesterday. What's a Warrior Dash you say? It is a mud-crawling, fire-leaping, extreme run from hell. This fierce running series is held on the most challenging and rugged terrain across the globe. Warriors conquer extreme obstalces, push their limits and celebrate with kick-ass music, beer and warrior helmets. /commercial

It was a blast, but not for everyone, it was hot, like insanely hot.

They closed it down due to heat less than an our after we left. The heat index was over a hundred, about 105 by most accounts. Despite the disparaging heat, I still have fun, I plan to do it next year, though I hope they will take their criticism to heart and have a couple more water stations on the course and have paramedics on the course and not just at the start/finish.

Many have said that this was one of the most difficult WD courses they have made. There was hardly any flat sections, and most was steep inclines up or down. The parts that weren't steep came out of the 3-4 sections we went through a stream and the resulting mucked up course beyond forced walking lest you fall on your ass and hit a rock or root.

Most people walked almost the entire thing, at least in my 'heat'. I can honestly say the obstacles were the least of our troubles and we fought mother nature and inexperience with high heat more than anything.

I posted photos on FB to a public album if anyone wants to take a gander. FB tends to crop the previews, so make sure and look at each of them to get the whole picture.

Code:
Place   Name          Bib    Age  Sex Place in category    Time              Pace
2067	Damon Rath    67708  30	   M     280 30-34	  57:36.55	    19:04/M

Archived