Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - Character - Assessment Files

Excerpt from Traveler's Files: I have decided to put these files together for the sake of my children, though in truth they are children of friends, or those I have rescued, nevertheless, they have become mine in my heart. It is necessary that I have a balanced view on them, that I spend time considering their strengths and weakness, and how to manage those things in training them for the life in this universe.

In terms of assessment and review, I have decided to make use of the greek alphabet, to give a basic assessment of capabilities, and have separated matters by the names usually used for them

I am using the greek consonants of Beta, Gamma, Delta, Zeta, Theta, Lambda, Rho, Sigma, Tau, and Omega with regards to the strength of various natural attributes, and using the vowels of Alpha, Episilon, Iota, Omicron, Upsilon and Omega with regards to the strength and versatility of their various powers. Omega, though it's a vowel I'm using as an indicator of raw unlimited power as the last letter in greek for either group.

First assessment.. Alexandra aka Genesis, who likely will be the first one to look at these files anyway, feel free to make your own assessments, young lady

Alexandra Hart aka Genesis (Post-Apothesis)

Physical

• This is not her forte, but Alex is quite capable here if she must be, she possesses Beta Grade Titan and Swift capabilities, Theta Grade Dynamo capabilities, she's very tough but she is not all that physically focused, however she has ways of correcting this at need, see power's discussion below

Mental

Alexandra's true strength, she possess Theta grade Watcher capabilities, Sigma Grade Brainiac capabilities, and Rho Grade Razor capabilities. In this area, she can outthink, out plan and out wit almost any opponent, given any amount of time to do so.

Social

• Socially this is her weak area, like many of the children, she is a Delta Grade Idol, but she possesses no other super human social capabilities, however, her mental strength is such that she can often tell and discard the efforts of others to attempt to use such capabilities on her.

Powers

• Alexandria's powers fall under Omega Grade Versatility, meaning there is no situation that I can envision that her powers are not useful in some way or another, and Upsilon Grade Power, meaning that her power is not quite to the point of being able to instantly destroy a world, but she could do so indirectly, for example, by moving a large enough meteorite to impact the world in a manner to shatter it. She can alter her form and shape to others that might possess greater powers or capabilities, such as growing larger in order to develop greater strength, or grow claws to cut through any attack by an enemy.. But her true capabilities can be found in her ability to create, destroy and manipulate matter and technology on level that has to be seen to be believed. To make this clearer, in dealing with a tank for example, and this can be extended to any other form of technology, Alex can become a tank, merge with a tank, create a tank, destroy a tank, or control a tank.

Weakness

• Besides the indicated social limitations indicated above, her intellect and quick wits are so fast that Alexandra becomes easily bored, moving onto something new within a minute unless she focus and concentrates. It is also impossible for her to hid the use of her powers, like many nova's I've known, Alexandra possesses an anima banner, for her it tends to be machine aspects of some sort or another manifesting. Additionally, sense becoming a nano-tech based mechanical life form, Alex can no longer use eufiber, a limit she shares with Maia, if for a different reason.

Personality

• Alexandra's extreme intelligent has colored her personality, as has her experiences, she is very self-confident and self-controlled, so much so that the anger she possesses at being abandoned when young is quite well buried, but I expect it come out sooner or later. She also has a sense of fun and a love for technology and experimentation, she likes building things, and sometimes seems more comfortable with machines then with living beings, so much so that she's transformed herself into a living machine of sorts. She does have compassion for others, even if she's sometimes impatient with them, and prefers to be around people, she's been lonely enough in her life.

Darrik Reynalds, aka Shadowheart (Post - Apotheosis)

Physical

• Darrik is not all that powerful physically, his strength is only mortal human average, but he possesses Beta Grade Swift capabilities and is a Delta Grade Dynamo, but his powers are versatile enough to overcome this weakness if he is able to draw an imprint off someone else

Mental

• Darrik's perceptions are only slightly above human limits, he stands at the edge of human capabilities in that regard, but mentally he is one of my smartest charges, he is a Zeta Grade Sphinx and a Delta Grade Razor, giving him quick reactions and an incredible intellect.

Social

• Darrik is a social giant, he is a Rho Grade Idol, a Sigma Grade Grifter and a Beta Grade Charmer, while his ability to charm others is the weakest, his ability to manipulate others is almost beyond measurement, and his ability to impress them with his beauty is stunning.

Powers

• Darrik's powers are quite vast, his control over darkness and things related to darkness seems to move into the area even of such things as dark matter and quantum shadows. This yields to a classification of Omega Grade Versatility and Omicron Level Power, with a variable indicator, meaning that his power is quite vast, and can create major changes, he could totally unbalance a city with his powers alone (or a nation with his other capabilities), much of his power depends upon the presence of others.

Weakness

• Besides what's indicated above, Darrik has some difficulty controlling his influence on others, he often ends up with women (or gay men for that matter) in love with him without intending it, his power levels are greater around other nova's then when he's alone, but Darrik's ability to manipulate others is also so high that it must be a strain at times not to, the temptation must be incredible, I have hopes however, that the example of 'Pip' will make this temptation somewhat easier on him.

Personality

• Darrik is something of a playboy, this is due to the onset of his powers, however, he's a fair minded boy with a something of a sense of responsibility, for which I greatly thank the boy's mother. He's slightly overwhelmed by powers beyond what he ever imagined. I sometimes think he's as much of a victim of his powers as anyone else might be, I don't think there's ever been a time he's hasn't been able to get something he wanted, and that makes him slightly spoiled in a way. It's fortunate that he recognizes this tenancy in himself though, and he does actually care about the effect he has on others, so tries to be somewhat restrained.

Epiphany Verity (Post-Apotheosis)

Physical

• Physical process is not Epiphany's forte, but even so, with apotheosis she has managed to become quite capable here, she possesses Beta grade Titan and Dyamo capabilities, and is a Delta Grade Swift, but doesn't have a great deal of capability here

Mental

She is a mental giant, though not on the same level or direction as Alex, my dear Epiphany is a Rho Grade Watcher, Delta Grade Swift, and Theta Grade Razor, her quick wits match Alex's, and her perceptions are greater then anyone else in the family except for Warren. If she needed to she could outsmart or outwit most opponents within moments, and if she wanted too, she could put the legends of Sherlock Holmes to shame.

Social

As powerful as Epiphany's mental traits are, her true forte is her social traits, she is a Delta Grade Idol, a Theta Grade Grifter and a Sigma Grade Charmer. If she wanted too, my dear foster daughter could rule the world with her smile alone, thank all that is holy that she has no inclinations in that direction. She is one of the few who can brush off Darrik's manipulations, if he was using them.

Powers

Epiphanies powers concentrate on the mind, that isn't to say that she isn't powerful, it's simply that the vast majority of her power is dealing with thought and emotion. Which makes it harder to judge her levels of power then some the more direct or flashy novas, with that in mind, however I think it's best to measure her at, Omicron Grade Versatility and Omicron Grade Power, but her mental power is such that she tends to strength a group she's part of, becoming the glue that holds them together, and in a group I increase her to Omega Grade Versatility. In many ways, Epiphany is the heart and conscience of my foster children, for which I am grateful.

Weakness

It should be noted, most of Epiphanies weaknesses are ones she's placed upon herself, but one of the most noticeable is her appearance, though she can use her mental powers to cloak that under an illusion. Nevertheless, her natural appearance is that of an angel with tiger stripped fur and cat-like eyes, which means she must use her powers to avoid attention in public. However, her major weaknesses include a deeply compassionate heart, a moral unwillingness to use her powers broadly (which I generally think is a good thing), mental flashbacks of events she's seen in other minds and somewhat pacifistic tendency.

Personality

Lovable, gentle, sweet as can be, but very self-conscious and lacking somewhat in self-confidence and dealing with considerable internal conflicts. Her lack of self-confidence isn't that of ability, but more a matter of fear of misusing her abilities, which can be incredibly subtle, and very invasive. As a very private person, she finds invasions of privacy somewhat disturbing, sense her powers allow her to invade the private thoughts of others, I believe this is something I think is something she finds incredibly disturbing. On another note, I strongly suspect, based on her personality, that Epiphany is likely to be the future of psychologists among Nova's, and the one to set the moral standard of telepaths when we finally depart earth for the rest of the universe.

Warren Smith aka 'Fractal'

Physical

• While only a Beta Grade Titan, his other physical capabilities are shoot though the roof, a Lamba Grade Swift and a Rho Grade Dynamo, he's more agile and tougher then any human can understand, able to withstand environments that nothing living normally could.

Mental

• Warren is a Delta Grade Sphinx and a Delta Grade Razor, but he is a Sigma Grade Watcher, there is almost nothing that escapes his notice, not even the pattern on the back of a passing butterfly. His mental strength is exceptional, but his truly frightening capabilities are not even found here.

Social

• While he is at the peek of human charisma and appearance, he possesses no superhuman capabilities in those area's yet, he is however, a persuasive Beta Grade Grifter, if he needs to be, but that's the least of his powers. Indeed, his lack in this area of nova influence could be considered a slight weakness. That he's falling in love with Epiphany and she with him (thought I didn't notice children?) more then covers this area, if need be, he can depend on his lady in such matters

Powers

• I can not say enough about Warren's powers, I can only classify his powers with Omega Grade Versatility and Omega Grade Power, Warren could crack the planet with his powers, should he chose to, simply by using his warp capabilities and finding a black hole on the other end, sense he possess the ability to selectively alter the permeability of his warps… opening to the sun could kill every non-inspired being on that side of the planet, or at the heart of the earth.. And that is only his warp powers, warren's vast teleportation abilities allow him to travel from one end of the universe to the other, and he can even make his way across time, space and even into alternate realities. There is very little I can not see him managing, with enough time.. And time to him, is an optional thing.

Weakness

• Warren really has very few weaknesses, I indicated above his social capabilities are somewhat lacking, but generally his biggest weakness at times, I believe, is over-confidence, though it's generally justified, it can get him into a good bit of trouble. Warren's extreme levels of perception can also lend to moments of sensory overload, but his vulnerability is slightly less there then it use to be.

Personality

• Warren is a kind and adventurous individual with a love for discovery and trying new things, he is also quite loyal, which is a good thing, if it came down to it, Warren could disappear anywhere in the multi-verse or in the infinity of time, but his loyalty and caring for the others keeps him well anchored to this area of time, space and reality.

Coraline Boehm aka 'Hyperdrive' (My personal designation)

Physical

• Cora is as strong as a baseline human normally can be, but her strength isn't any greater then that, however she makes that up in her other physical capabilities, she is a Sigma Grade Swift and a Theta Grade Dynamo, Cora is one of the toughest and most agile beings in existence, especially in terms of agility, she could run toward a machine gun firing at her, using the bullet's fired as stepping stones.. and could even dodge laser beams...

Mental

• While Core is an intelligent girl, there are baseline humans smarter then her, however, there are non quicker witted or more perceptive then she is, she is a Rho Grade Watcher and a Zeta Grade Razor, there is nothing she isn't capable of nothing and reacting to faster then lightning.. including lightning bolts.

Social

• Social matters are not Cora's strong point, however, she is a Lamba Grade Idol, being more beautiful then humanly possible, and for that matter, more then 99% o of living novas. What is more, Cora's metamorphic abilities have taken this to an entirely new level, besides having the beauty of an angel, she can also be a Lamba Grade Squid, a horror beyond imagination if she so choses. Because it's likely to traumatize people, Cora is less likely to use this capability unless she feels it's necessary. Besides that, she can appear as anyone, male or female, and for that matter can completely shift her sex to male if she chooses, she has yet to fully realize this.

Powers

• Cora is a metamorph and speedster with an Omega Grade Versitality rating and Omicon Grade Power, she possesses extreme levels of verstility due to her metamorphic nature, being able to develop capability she needs in an instant, and grant similar capabilites to those around her, though she hasn't fully understood this yet.. What is more, now that she has achieved apotheses, she can control her speed in entirely new ways, vibrating her body at extreme speeds to become light and move at relativic speeds, she can even increase and degreee the momentium of those around her, including herself.. at my best guess, she can move several times the speed of light itself.. something that should be impossible, but possible doesn't really count dealing with nova's. I must explain to her soon, that increasing herself ot the speed of light and then transfering that energy to something else could cause a nuclear explosion, the equation e=mc2 is at the heart this matter. Her mind, emotions and future are all protected however, by the same chimeric nature that allows her to adapt to any situation.

Weakness

• Besides her abberations, constaint shifting features, save her eyes and her voice, Cora's biggest weakness is tendacy to over simpliplify matters, she also tends to look down on baseline humanity and the nova's who are amoung them as oppressers and slaves, which is a somewhat overly simplified idea on the matter.. which is her other weakness, the tendacy to look at everything in terms of black or white, good or evil, this is part of the reason I've taken her under my wing, if she must see things in two ways, yin and yang or still and flow are a much better way of looking at things. Though cautious, Cora also has a strong impusilve streak that sometimes betray's her sense of caution, a desire to act even when it might be better to wait.

Personality

• I already mentioned her prefection for action tendacy to see everything from black or white prespective, but on another level, cora is a deeply caring individual with a strong sense of loyality, and a willingness to sacrifice herself for those she cares for, I intend to see to that she never needs to do that. On another level, as she finds her way in the world outside, she's discovering a love for art and dance, something that I think she should be encouraged in, even if does have her falling in love what that young man.. (thougth I didn't notice, daughter?)

Maia St. Croix

Physical

• Normally, I would indicate a grade as a Titan, Swift and Dynamo, but besides being Sigma grade in all of these Maia's raw physically is so great that I requires a measure of deeper exposition, I could cover that under powers, but sense it's physical, it really should be here. Besides being physically powerful enough to put nuclear reactor to shame, there is no part of her physicality that is not prefected in one way or another. Her circulatory system, her muscles, her nervous system, even the girls very bones are so enhanced that they put reinforced titanium to shame.... what's more, even her skin and hair are enhanced, her skin shifts colors as she desires, even matching her surroundings to cloak her appearance, and her hair is stronger then steel, can grow or stretch out at least several meters, and she can control it prefectly, and is strong enough that she could cut though 10 inch steel with a single strand of hair. That is bad enough, but the girl could shatter the earth's crust and create a super volcano stretching 48 miles in diameter, and 48 miles deep (the earth's crust is only 25 miles deep, 6 in parts of the ocean).

Mental

• Maia's mental traits are not quite as astonishing as her physical ones, but, while she's only a Beta Grade Watcher and Sphinx, every one of her senses is enhanced beyond the human norm, allowing her a vast degree of versitility in that area, and she is an able scientist, but her most remarkable mental capability is her wits, she is a Theta Grade Razor, able to react at speeds that leave most folks gasping for breath

Social

• Socially, her ability to convince, manipulate and persuade is fairly low, it is the only capability that is barely human average.. but her ability to charm, inspire and lead is above human norm, she is Beta Grade Charmer. However, it is her shear physical beauty, her presence that puts just about every living thing to shame that is increadible, Maia is so physically beautiful, a Sigma Grade Idol, that she could walk nude down wallstreet, and they'd change the law to make it legal, and not a soul would object (not even her own foster siblings), most would even encourage the idea, shoot, if she decided to wear a garment made of mud and weeds, it would likely become the in thing within a day..

Powers

• Maia possesses a whim of steel, her strength of will is amazing, but even more so, it manifests in the strength of her powers, with a thought her will becomes manifest, possessing increadibly powerful telekinetic force, adding a measure of defensive force, or even supercharging her blows with a level of devestating force that cuts though steel like it was nothing more then cheese, and non of this even draws upon her quantum reserves. Drawing on her quantum pool however, allows her to do things more stunning, like unleash blasts of raw energy, develop powers of those around her, and even manipulate quantum signatures in an artistic manner, even to the point of fusing her quantum signature with her siblings, or altering abilities, or even possibly, forcing an a nova erruption.. I must give her power levels Omega Grade Versitility and Omega Grade Power.

Weakness

• Besides the fact that she can not wear eufiber, and her raw physical power shreds anything she's wearing when she uses her full power, even battle armor or latex, Maia can't attune anything that's not living, it doesn't have to be flesh (her sister Alex isn't flesh after all), it simply must be alive, and I suspect this may even be part of her trouble with Eufiber. On another level, Maia's distast for manipulation on any level makes it so that she's unlikely to develop much beyond her present persuasiveness, and while she isn't socially inept (once again, I point the girl's beauty), it is one of her weaker area's. Additionally, while Maia is utterly terrifying in battle, close up, she's less dangerous at range (still dangerous, just less so).

Personality

• Centain, strong willed, devoted, loyal, stubborn, fierce, deadly, beautiful (and again, I mention this, it's hard to put the girl's beauty to words, which is why I keep revisting the matter). These adjuctives best discribe Maia, she's a true and loyal friend, daughter, sister, or whatever, some day she'll even make a wonderful mother, regardless of how that happens.. the biggest problem with Maia in terms of personality, though may be how stubborn, strong willed, and occationally even too forceful. Of course, without Maia's weaknesses and personality issues, she'd likely be so perfect that she grats on one's nerves.. fortunatly, that's not a problem.

John Lee Cole aka 'Butch'

Physical

• While Butch possesses a base Titan Grade of Beta, he has what I consider a surge effect, that allows him to push this into overdrive, increasing his level of strength far beyond this, at it's best, he can even meet, and even slightly surpass maia's strength at times, what's more, Johan can do this for others too, pumping thier strength far beyond the norm. In addition, he's a Delta Grade Swift and a Sigma Grade Dynamo, meaning Butch is a phyiscal powerhouse, one of the toughest and potentially strongest nova's alive.

Mental

• Mentall, he's very capable, while perhaps not in the league of some of his siblings, Butch is a Beta Grade Watcher, a Gamma Grade Brainiac and a Theta Grade Razor, as a Razor his mental quickness suprising, Butch can walk though a natural disaster in action, and seem unmoved, moving at superhuman reaction times.

Social

• Like many of his siblings, Butch is not a social powerhouse, but his appearance is indeed, superhuman, he is a Theta Grade Idol, everyone who meets him is attracted to him, but his remaining social traits are

Powers

• It is in his powers that Butch turely comes into his own, I can only classify his powers as Omega Grade Versility and Upsilon Grade Utility, though this is something of a misnomer, his power over life and living things is almost transcendent, he's for all intends and purposes, a god of life, controlling biology so completely, that he can create new species, go a redwood to fill size in a day from a seed, or turn a human into a frog, heal or slay someone at a glance, even bring someone back from the edge of death.

Weakness

• Besides a lack of, and vulerability to many social abilities, butch also has some noticable traits, he keeps his eyes covered in public because they are multi-facited like a bugs, and his temperature is about 15 to 20 degrees hotter then a baseline humans, add to that he glows when he uses his powers, it makes subte uses of his powers somewhat difficult.

Personality

Data - Remaining children awaiting Apotheosis to be added to this file.

<more to be added>

Archived