Street Brawler [Interest Check]

Jeremy

1203813413416.png

I am working on something for BESM 3rd... something like Brawl and Street Fighter-style, modern day, powers flexible, antagonists being many things my mind can come up with... naturally combat-heavy. This is still being worked on, and frankly, I want to explore interest before I declare this a recruiting thread.

Suggestions:

- Allow for character backgrounds to add to the sub-plot (for what it's worth) in terms of antagonists, world events, etc. That way your work gets somewhat done for you. Heck, encourage us to pick our poison.

- While this is action heavy, letting the characters interact well... in character will add to the game and it'll help the players connect. Giving the players something to fight for that fits with their drives is a good start. Even if there's no one true macguffin for the game, there's sure driving goals that leat the characters through the tournament/battleground.

- Over the top, everything must be. That means if anyone's being too serious, let something unexpected, disastrous, but overall hilarious happen. If the characters do something cool (critical successes come to mind), let them describe it in their own way.

- Don't be afraid to let us sweat it out. Throw in some situations our fireballs and iron fists can't solve.

- Finally, this is supposed to be FUN. If you're not having fun, and we're not having fun, that's not fun. From the subject matter, I think everyone involved gotta watch some crazy, over the top anime or martial arts films to really get into the vibe. Don't be afraid of beer-and-pretzels. Play up tropes for fun. Why so SERIOUS?

I'm spent... time for a concept. ^_^

Archived