Sign in to follow this  
RPG Post

Arkham Asylsum Redux

Arkham Asylsum Redux

I'm looking forward to this video game sequel. I thought the combat was handled well in the first one, graphics were good and voice talent was great. For some reason The Riddler reminds me of Jigsaw, or vice versa. Cooler, with greater sartorial flare, smarter ... so not so much remind me as more Jiggy seems like a faded shadow of The Riddler's genius.

This game is going to be awesome. The villain list is huge including Two-Face, Penguin, Killer Croc, Joker, Bane, Poison Ivy, and several others. You will be able to play as Cat Woman for more than 15%-20% of the game and she will have all her own moves and is fully upgradable.

The combat system has been improved greatly. In Arkham Asylum you could only counter one thug at a time. In Arkham City you will be able to counter up to 3+ enemies at once and his perform multiple take downs. They integrated the gadget system into combat now, making it more fluid and useful like using your Bat-Claw to wrench weapons out of enemies hands (which Bat-Man can actually use in combat now, the weapons, not his enemies hands) or latch it onto car doors and pull them off for use as a weapon or to trip up enemies who might be standing close to the car when you pull the maneuver off.

Overall, it's looking like a really good time, not as good as Skyrim though. smile