A Zombie-Proof Home

Kylie_OOC

Okay, as our forum's resident Interior Designer, I stumbled across this article and just died laughing. Someone actually designed a zombie-proof home.. honest-to-zombunny.

Originally Posted By: Yahoo News
Zombie-free zone

l.jpg

l.jpg

Still worried about a zombie apocalypse? Have we found the home for you!

Located just outside of Warsaw, Poland, this quirky residence sports floor-to-ceiling windows,a manicured courtyard, and sprawling landscape views when open, but closes up into a concrete cube that even the undead can't penetrate.

Appropriately named "Safe House," the award-winning two-story home was designed by Robert Konieczny of KWK Promes for a private client and took about four years to build (it was finished in 2009, well before the latest Rapture predictions.) It has a second-story entrance accessible only by drawbridge, and a moveable exterior wall that allows the home to be completely sealed off from marauding hordes. Let's take a look around, shall we?

Here's the rest of the article, with a lot more pictures. Enjoy! laugh

Zombie-Proof Home

I wouldn't exactly call it the most attractive home, but it's certainly interesting.

Also, I don't know about you guys, but there are a lot of real potential issues that would make a house like that nice. I don't believe there will ever be a zombie apocalypse, but epidemics, solar flares, tsunami, earthquakes, hurricanes, etc... they could all cause social breakdown that would make a nice bunker compound handy.

Took me 13 hours to evacuate 200 and something miles from Beaumont to Dallas during hurricane Rita. That was a serious eye-opener on just how badly the normal processes can break down and how quickly it can happen. Some of my friends took more than 24 hours to evacuate, and I heard stories of people that spent more than 48 hours getting from Houston to Dallas because of the craziness, a trip that normally takes only 5 hours. The government was surprised that gas stations ran out and couldn't get resupplied... *facepalms* We were sweating bullets by the time we found a gas station that still had some gas left about 3/4ths of the way to Dallas.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating going out into the desert to live like that guy in the Temors movies, but I'm a big proponent of taking a few precautions like keeping a 5 gallon gas can or two on hand and some extra water bottles, oh and maybe having an handy zombie proof underground bunker on a few acres of land. wink

• 3 months later...

So. On the topic of zombies:

"Most cases of ___ occur in adults. The disease is progressive and always fatal. The most obvious and consistent clinical sign of ___ is weight loss over time. Behavioral changes also occur in the majority of cases, including decreased interactions with others, listlessness, lowering of the head, blank facial expression, repetitive walking in set patterns, and a smell like meat starting to rot. ...behavioral changes may also include hyperexcitability and nervousness. ... Excessive salivation and grinding of the teeth also are observed."

Crazy zombie movie disease?

Nope. It's Chronic Wasting Disease, which afflicts deer, elk and moose.

Fact and fiction collide in the woods.....

Archived