Matt

RPG Post Updates

267 posts in this topic

Aww, that sucks. I've been having better luck staying logged in when I don't click the "remember me" button when logging in.

Is this something the developer screwed up? I'd hate for you to have spent money on it and have to take it out because a coding glitch. Also, is the other guy you went in on with the price having those issues, and if not, why not?

No more sub-accounts?

Hm. This would not make me cry, but will I need to redo the posts I've already made under my sub-account?

You won't need to change any of the existing posts. I need to modify the accounts that have been created with this so that they can function individually and then unlink them. I am going to either see if I can do anything to improve the quick switch since I never received any issues regarding it or try another option.

For what it's worth, I haven't had any problems with being logged out myself.

Granted, I don't normally stay logged in for longer than I need to, so maybe I'm just not running afoul of whatever the time-limit or trigger is that's causing it. I would also point out, however, that I have been unchecking the "Remember Me" checkbox since it first appeared, as I did not like the idea of the site constantly remembering one of my accounts over any of the others. I even mentioned in one of these site-related threads that I didn't like that the checkbox was automatically checked and asked if it could be unchecked by default, but never heard anything back on it. Ironically, the "Remember Me" checkbox doesn't bother me now, since all of our accounts are linked meaning that if it "remembers" one it "remembers" them all, but I've been in the habit of unchecking the "Remember Me" box for so long that I've been continuing to uncheck it without thinking about it until I read this thread.

If it is the "Remember Me" box that's causing the problem, that would be truly ironic.

Yeah, I haven't had an issue since I started unchecking the "Remember Me" box when I log in.

I have it set to remember me. But I almost never use my sub-account. I log on with this one, then switch to the other one as seldom and for as short a time as is humanly possible.

Much like Max I spend most (99%) of my time in my primary account (this one) and I have never had an issue with getting forcibly logged out. I use Chrome for my browser.

I won't cry either way though, as I think both quick switches seem to work fine for my own use.

Above the main posting box - in the upper-right corner - is a dropdown that, when clicked, brings up a picklist of linked accounts for selection. By default - for me at least - it does not automatically have any of my accounts shown as selected, saying simply "select...". Is it possible that the "Remember Me" checkbox is interacting with the functionality this picklist represents in some way?

That's kinda what I figure. That it's getting something confused with cookies, maybe, because of the 'Remember Me' and the list.

I am waiting a bit on this to see if the developer can fix it.

Can we get a option where the forum options aren't in a sidebar, but instead are at the top of a thread? The right sidebar in threads ruins formatting.

CD - If you're talking about under the games tab (which all games have been switched to now), that is something the owner of the game can change, but it'll be up to each ST.

Okay I've been having problem for the pastweek. When I try to change sub accounts when accessing the site from my smartphone, nothing happens. It goes through the motions like it's loading up the account I selected but it doesn't actually change the account.

@Jordan - the same thing happens to me at work - but fortunately Chosen set me up with the old Account Switch and that still works like a charm.

I just updated the sub-accounts in hopes that it will fix the issues with people being logged out.

Actually, I just figured out a little trick. When I load a page it priefly shows me all my su accounts and if I am quick enough I can click one and it will switch to the sub account...

Those are the "quick switch" options on the menu bar to the left of "view new content." See if you can use that button.

Suddenly everything is Protected, and I can't see who's in chat, or the Recently Posted thingy or...

Something has happened that is bad! :(

Oh!

Can we go back? Cuz this update seems like a bad thing. It's even very hard for me to post now, because I can only get a cursor in the text boxes by clicking on the Font or Size dropdown. That puts a cursor in there, then I can type. That appears to be the only way to do it.

Also, my control to switch account names is gone. :(

,, ,,

Aww yeah. Very bad. Ohhhh boy.

You hopped on during the middle of a site update. Rather than close the site while I updated everything I kept it open, which does result in issues.

If you have issues please post them here.

You hopped on during the middle of a site update. Rather than close the site while I updated everything I kept it open, which does result in issues.

If you have issues please post them here.

I hardly ever have any free time anymore. Can you fix that please? ;)

Please provide me with the contact info and personal details of your boss, family and friends and I may be able to free up your schedule. :firedevil:

Still having trouble posting. All I can see in the post box controls are Font and Size dropdown menus, and the cursor doesn't appear in the post box when I click on it. If I click on Font or Size, then the cursor appears in the post box when the drop-downs appear, and I can start typing then without selecting anything from the menu. Once I start typing, everything works fine.

Very weird.

What browser (including version number)/OS are you currently using?

If you click "More Reply Options do you get the post box controls and ability to see a cursor?

Windows XP, Internet Explorer 8.0.6.

When I click on More Reply Option, it takes me to a page with a bigger postbox, which still only has the Font and Size dropdown menus on it.

Now, as I experiment, I can see the controls ARE still there. They're just invisible.

Weird.

I still can't get the cursor to appear in the box without using a dropdown first though.

,, ,,

I am still working on this. I haven't been able to recreate the situation using XP and IE8.

Max, Can you go the the bottom of the page and select "Change Theme" the choose the Nprime theme. Then try to post something and let me know if you have the same problem.

The email address for email you receive from the site has changed because of an incident over the weekend. If you have had to do anything with the email to prevent it being marked as spam please adjust it to forum @ this domain.

There is a bug in one of the site addons that is causing some problems with the site. Unfortunately I haven't been able to determine what addon is causing the problem. I have been trying to fix things in a manner that won't significantly disrupt the site but in order to fix things I may need to be more aggressive and remove some things and then reinstall them once I have the problem isolated.

Thanks Chosen One. We understand. Do what you got to do, and thank-you very much for the prompt response. :D

Thank you, Chosen. We appreciate all you're doing to improve the site. :D

Same here.

Just annoying when you have to strip down the site to find out where the bug occurs and figure out how to put your add-ons back in so they function properly.

Hi! I'm sure I'm not the only person with this issue, and it's not crucial- just a matter of convenience and organization. Is there a way to make existing character accounts into subaccounts? As it stands currently, some of my characters are listed as Linked Accounts, and some as Subaccounts. I'd like to lump them all together, and if someone happens to know how, I'd really appreciate the help!

They are 2 separate systems and can't be merged on the front end. I was going to remove one but some people had issues with both systems. I can merge them for you this weekend.