Matt

RPG Post Updates

267 posts in this topic

I'd love the ability to not see those games, but if it is that much work and such a big change to the way things work on the site I don't know that it would be worth the pain. Keep the idea in mind and if other ways of doing it present themselves in the future, maybe we could consider them then.

Multiple people asked if they could create themes for the site. That got me thinking that rather than having a few people make themes for everyone, what if we could let anyone change the colors on their own.

The site now has a theme called Dynamic Color. With Dynamic Color you can select a single color to shade the entire site. Any web color is valid. You don't have access to each individual element but it does offer a unique look to everyone.

After selecting the theme there is a paintbrush icon on the right side of the main menu.

Chosen FYI I found a couple of bugs.

Skyrim Theme: Some Spoiler boxes (old text) don't display when clicked, the "Top of Page" button does not function.

Dynamic Theme: Same problem with spoiler text (I used [url= this thread [/ulr])

I think the issues Jameson brought up are fixed.

When introducing new elements to the site I will not be testing on the other themes. As a general rule, I will spend less time working with them that the core themes.

Chosen, I was modifying my character sheet for this toon in 200X since the formatting didn't make the transition well, and I accidentally deleted part of the character. A small part, admittedly, but still... :banghead:

Anyway, do you still have a backup of the old site linked somewhere on the new one? I know you did for awhile, but I can't find it, and I'm not sure if that's because I'm me, or because it's gone. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I make some small updates to the downloads and blogs section. Nothing really big, just little functionality tweaks.

Ahoy, Chosen!

Thank you for updating the site; I'm quite fond of the "Content I Follow" functionality and the ability to "Like" particular posts.

That is all!

Is there a way to restore the unread posts/thread counts for a forum?

I now have this partially enabled. The main forum page will display the number of unread posts for members with more than 50 posts. The new posts are not displayed on the individual forum pages. This is a sort of compromise to give as much functionality as I can back without increasing the system load too much.

Whoo! Thanks Chosen! I have missed that function and am glad to see it back. I just didn't want to pester you about something I was sure you'd fix anyway. :D

There is a strange bug in regards to Firefox 9 flagging words as misspelled on the site. If you use FF9 and it doesn't flag the typos for you type something into the reply box and then right click the word make sure that check spelling is checked and then under languages select English/United States. Then your misspelled words should be marked correctly. By default it doesn't select a language to check against on some sites.

There are a couple of new options for the site. The first is the quick switch button to the right of the main menu. If you go to "My Settings" and click on the Account Switch tab to the right of Settings you can add the logins to any of your alts to the current login and switch to them with a click on the name from the dropdown. It is possibly that you may see the names on the screen temporarily while the page is loading. Connections are only made one way, so adding a login will only add it to your current login and not vice-versa.

The other thing is that there is now a history button on pages so that if you edit a page and don't like the edit you can go back to a previous version. The history is only kept for 30 days. The button will appear to the right of the edit button.

There is a new button at the top right to toggle your site visibility.

There is a new theme for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I also changed up the sidebar.

Please note that if you have multiple accounts it is advised that they all use the same password. There is an issue in the system with changing passwords, which may corrupt all passwords for the email address.

If you click on the image icon in the editor there is now a tab to upload your own image to the site.

AAAAGH! Man the life boats abandon ship! :cry:

The alt character registration limits have been modified from 3 every 3 months to 4 every 2 months.

The align image button has been removed from the editor due to a few issues. To align an image click on the image button to add the image and then with it selected click the left align or right align images.

You can also click the align images first and then place your cursor in between the code elements and then click the image button.

I never experienced the issues because I was using your "workaround" from the beginning, lol.

Would having a built in option for tables as shown in the video below be of use to anyone?

Since no one else comments I am either not going to add the tables function or delaying it. Every addon costs money and I don't want to spend it unless people are going be use it.

The character mod is finally ready to go live. You can now create new characters/logins in your primary account profile. It is currently in beta testing and I will provide more details later.

I am removing the quick switch and register alt buttons.

I am converting accounts for anyone that has an established OOC account to the new system.

Going forward you'll just have 1 account that you log in with. If you want me to modify your existing accounts please post here telling me what account you want to be your primary account.

I am aware of a bug in the account switch in the fast reply box in chrome and IE. It works fine in FF.

It seems I can't post with all of my accounts. I tried posting twice with Fahrenheit after the change and get signed off once I click on "post".

I tried it with Nayobee and that worked. Checking my other accounts now.

I was able to post with Fahrenheit using the 3 main PC browsers. Let me know what happens when you try it from home.

I have most people that set up quick switch profiles converted to the new system. I tried to select the account that was either listed as OOC or that your existing quick switch profiles favored.

As I said earlier you will now have 1 account only to log in. If you try to log into an account that isn't your primary account you will get an error saying "You are trying to log in with your Character Account. Please log in with your OOC Account."

If you are unable to log in please go to the chat. If I'm not there ask someone to PM me and I'll get there to help ASAP.

Alright - at home using the latest Firefox works smoothly. I hope tomorrow at works it'll be the same.

Oh Great and Powerful Chosen, could you add the following accounts to my Bombshell OOC Account: T'riss Jadzian, Krystal, Tiresias, Yseult Sierra, Dr. Yseult Langlois, MegaGirl, and ~Asarasa~.

Pleases and thank-yous. :)

They are all set. I initially only set accounts that people had previously set up in the quick switch. Some people have a lot of accounts and I don't want to hook up all of them if they don't want to access them any longer.

This is the message I get when I try to switch to another account and make a post (switching works about 50% of the time but trying to post is like a gamble)

"Your secure key, used to verify you are posting the topic, did not match the one submitted. Please go back, reload the form, and try again."

I need to relog then with my main OOC-Account and then start over... but making a post is a matter of luck unfortunately.

I keep getting logged out. Sometimes after a long time of writing a post, sometimes every minute or thirty seconds. :(

It's happened to me, as well. I'm experimenting with turning off the "remember me" button at the log on - this has worked for me before on some computers.

Yeah, I've been having this problem too. I think it only happens when you are on a sub-account, not your main one. At least for me, I never get logged out if I stay logged in at Bombshell.

Due to these difficulties I will probably remove this functionality. I need to clean up the accounts before I remove it so it will take me a few days.