Batman: The Dark Knight Rises

Matt

Niiice.

While having become less of a fan of Christian Bale since his set behavior hit the web, I am still looking forward to this movie. Because even a stuck up actor can't ruin the brilliance of Nolan in my eyes.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Above is more footage of the new Bat-vehicle which has been allegedly confirmed as the Bat-copter (blades to be added in post via CG)

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSWtHNZCYTg?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSWtHNZCYTg?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSWtHNZCYTg?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

They are filming in DT Pittsburgh. My cousin works down there and she says it has been funny watching them make it 'winter' with the snow all over the ground. She's been posting pics like crazy on FB, but I doubt they are open to public for me to post links.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd be shocked if they did kill Batman. WB doesn't have the stones to do that in as major a media outlet as a motion picture. Given that Bane is the villain of the film though, I will not be at all shocked if early in the film he gives Batman a beating to within inches of his life. Probably not the back-breaking he got in the comics, just because recovery from that would push the bounds of credibility within the Nolanverse.

It's possible, and if they managed to keep it entirely secret and have it happen to service the story and not just be a cash grab promotional thing I'd respect that, I'd even give them a buy on the eventual reboot as a result.

... but no, I say WB and DC don't have the balls to do it...

yeah, that's about right. I heard somewhere that Rises takes place 8 years after TDK so that may be fairly accurate (though movie Bruce is still pretty young compared to the more middle aged Bats you see there.

Love Ross' artwork for DC BTW, his stuff manages to make the traditional costumes look both real, and not silly, at the same time.

I think the audio quality was all over the place in the trailer. There were a number of lines that weren't really clear. Doesn't really concern me this far out from the release.

I'm waiting to see the animated online video of Batman with the gravely whisper talking to Bane with his muffled dialogue.

I liked Alfred's speech, and think Catwoman seems to fit into the movie better than I thought, even though we haven't actually seen her in costume. But at least she fits the tone.

There are a couple of things from the Bane storyline that I see are present in the movie, which I am happy about.

I think the audio quality was all over the place in the trailer. There were a number of lines that weren't really clear. Doesn't really concern me this far out from the release.

Really? There was nothing said in that trailer that I didn't catch on the first pass (audio-wise, it took 3 viewings before I noticed Marion Cotillard's character). Or were you talking about the prologue they are showing on IMAX before MI:GP?

I don't mean clear as in I couldn't understand it. I mean clear as in clean, with no distortion. Little things like Bale's line at 1:17 is fuzzy. The middle of Anne Hathaway's speech is mixed in with the sound effects. I think the trailer is more about tone than about story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

It was an awful story, and almost all anyone talked about in line for the movie.

I won't spoil, at all. The film is flawed, but not fundamentally, I don't think. Nolan may have overreached a bit, but that's not always a bad thing. The Dark Knight is still the best of the three, but we knew that. I enjoyed it, while noting the areas where it fell a hair short.

At the very least, Bruce Wayne told me how to pronounce the name of the playground of the rich and famous, the island that figures so prominently in many an Aberrant tale. Apparently, it is pronounced 'eye-BEETH-ah'. Who knew?

Archived