New Wonder Woman Series

RPG Post

New Wonder Woman Series

This site has more Wonder Woman news and footage and images than I can possibly cover. So there's a new tv series. There's lots of discussion [trolling, name calling, rants] on-line about the costume(s) and how bad the script is, even though it is still being rewritten as shooting is taking place. The writer, David E. Kelly, has written a ton of tv shows, none of which I like. Being a former lawyer, many of the shows were of a legal nature, none of them showing any chops for superheroes.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

The first series was cheesy, but it was the times. I think, maybe, we expect a bit more from a superhero series now?

• 3 weeks later...

Wonder Woman Canceled

All our hopes, our fears, our dreams of a better tomorrow, or lots of cleavage on television, have been dashed. NBC has just said "no." It looked bad, it reviewed bad; since when has this stopped NBC from putting something online? And what does this mean for superhero movies and series? Heroes went wrong, The Cape and No Ordinary Family are not looking so healthy with the Family getting canceled and The Cape down in the ratings sewer.

I like to think it's a question of quality versus genre. People now expect better of their superhero entertainment.

I suspect the real reason was "it required a bigger budget that they were willing to pay for the return." They put crap on the air regularly, yes, but genre shows cost a lot more to make than your typical comedy or drama.

Somebody elsewhere suggested that what a super hero TV show really needs is to be an HBO series. High budget, high production values, and good writing, all operating on a different marketing paradigm than network TV. "Phillip Coulson, Agent of SHIELD", anyone?

Archived