[OpNet] Walk Through the Fire

Simon Whitechapel

If you have Devries Elites on your tail your toast newbie. They will catch you, they will then do to you whatever has been contracted. There is no calling them off. It's a matter of professional pride that once Devries accepts a contract we do not renege on it.

If they're Janisarries just throw them some more money. They're pigs.

We need more specifics.

Despite what VB says, most often you would need to convince their employer that you are better off alive. Maybe there are some elites that can be bought off, but I really can't recall any that make a habit of it.

Btw, do you know why they want you dead? Did you do anything recently that might make someone with tens of millions to toss away want you dead/missing?

I can only guess that you have gained a power set that allows you to rapidly evade capture and to anticipate attacks.

Also consider that few elites take contracts to "knock-off" totally unknown novas. Usually they want a clue to what you can do before the sign up.

Hi again. Sorry about the lack of specifics in that last post. I guess I'm just a little worried about this whole thing. I don't think these Elites are trying to kill me because so far they've just tried to wrap me up in what looks like spider webs. It's a good thing I can fly faster than any of them otherwise I think I would be in a lot of trouble. My mum's still in America smoothing things over between them and us, so she hasn't had a chance to come back home.

Jager, I can only think of one reason why someone would be interested in me; my eruption. I mean, four other Novas were hospitalized when it happened! My mates on the Opnet tell me that the one guy, Lord Sky he calls himself, worked for DeVries so I'm betting the woman he was with did too.

Mr Blakely, you work DeVries right? Are they trying to kill me? I'd try to explain what happened back in New York to these fellows but they just seem intent capturing me. I'm too scared to hang around and find out what they really want!

What should I do?

It seems to me like a small miracle that I am for once according with Very Bad. If they are losing you simply because you can fly faster, they are not going to be elites for long.

I could only give you this advice. Try to know what is the reason behind the contract. Without it you are going blind around until they catch you.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ian 'Very Bad' Blakely:
Quote:
Originally posted by Apep:
Quote:
Originally posted by Simon 'Azure' Whitechapel:
So, can anyone tell me how to call off an Elite Hit Squad?
Removing their heads from their bodies works well.
My my my. You are the aggressive one aren't you?
You have no idea.

Hullo! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you all worry but things have just been way too crazy and I haven't been able to really sit down at a computer until now.

I just wanted to let you all know that I'm okay and let you know what happened. I feel I owe you guys an explanation after bursting in here ranting about Elite hit squads. I feel rather silly now.

Well, those were Elites that were after me, but they weren't trying to kill me. After talking to their leader, a very pleasant woman called Oracle, they convinced me to go with them to see some Doctors. The Doctors were taking care of those two Elites from New York I hospitalized and they were having trouble figuring out what was wrong with them. I guess they figured examining me would help them.

Of course, mum didn't take this too well. I guess that panicked phone call (long distanced and collect to boot) really scared her because she managed to get Utopia to come collect me from DeVries. She must have used a lot of favors to make that happen.

So now I'm in Venice, Italy; at the T2M headquarters there. They have been helping learn all about what I can do and they want me to join up with their Teen 2 Morrow project. They would be right wicked but mum still hasen't said yes to it yet.

Well, that's the short version. I'm sorry for acting like such a wanker and going on about this. But thanks to all you guys who wanted to help me.

I think it would be right wicked and it's a great place to get started on training for T2M. They say I'm too young for the big leagues.

Oh, like the name change? The folks at the Project thought "Azure" sounded a bit too stale. After going through a long (and I mean LONG) list I chose Kid Quantum. I think it sounds cool.

If the world was black and white, you could tell who was your friend and your foe by the color of their hats.I would be a very bored girl.

But Azure what mister Bad forgot to tell you is that, Elites often kill other Elites. Seeing as said people are willing to kill you, it would not be so bad if you had them killed, the only problem, I see would be coming up with the money... We at the big DV, aren't bothers in arms, we just don't kill each other for no reason.

I'm with Amped on this one, I liked Azure better, had a certain ring about it, kinda mysterious but simple and catchy. When your handlers at the Project told you it was stale what they probably meant was that the focus group(s) they ran it by - consisting of the usual lowest common denominator uneducated Baseline thickos - didn't understand what it meant. Kid Quantum has a certain charm but it might be a tad embarrassing when you reach 45 years old.

Then again don't take my word for it, it's your name so make up whatever you like.

The question he should ask, is not who'd like the name, but what his name is.

Endeavor is mine. So is Sakurako Hino. Hell, I have honorary and a couple actual doctorates. I don't go by Dr. Sakurako Hino, because I choose not to. It's a Human rank that doesn't fit the full scope of a Nova's talent.

But back to the subject, The name he picks should be based on what HE wants, not what the public wants.

I think Azure sounds sorta cute myself. ^_^

Sure Azure was the better name for you serious types, but do you guys realize how many Happy Meals The Quantum Kid here will sell? He's got Kid in his name. It's not only youth targeting but it softens his image. Azure is mysterious and complicated. Any 5 year old will at least understand Kid Quantum. It's easy and fun to say. With a name like, oh I don't know Dunkelzahn, you have to play Shadowrun and it's not flattering to a child's pronunciation. It's a "hardcore" adult name, sure. But PC and McFriendly it isn't. But that's an "Elite" name. they shouldn't be cuddly.

How's it feel to be corporate now?

Oh and Walker. Never bash the lowest common denominator. They pay my salary. smile

OK, OK I give in.

Kid Quantum is a cool name for the sorta stuff he wants to do and maybe his image will market some nice fruit drink.

[size:4]Kid your name is cool don't listen to us serious types.

Maybe if I had chosen a less mysterious sounding name I wouldn't get in so much trouble.

Oh don't get me wrong Walker. The name sucks much ass compared to the old one. But the new one, hey...it's catchy. And fits a hell of a lot better.

He COULD have been called Lavender Midnight....but that name sucks ass AND it's already taken. So there's gotta be somebody with a worse name out there. StankMastah comes to mind, but I think that name stunk for about a week before he legally changed his name to Da Funk. Some people really need consultants for this kind of work. Chug-a-Bunch still wins for worst name logic. Don't EVER ask.

Archived