Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - New Game: Children of Quantum Fires

Krul

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's some basic info I think everyone may find useful, in game, some thing to take into account... at least in terms of observable aspects.. which means I concentrated on appearance a bit.

Name – Age became part of the isle – Obvious Stats

Marina – Six – Strength 2 || Charisma 3 || Appearance 4 (Exotic) Mega 3

Maia – Six – Strength 5 Mega 5 (Athletic) || Charisma 5 (Cool) || Appearance 5 Mega 3 (Stunning)

Warren – Nine – Strength 5(Athletic) || Charisma 5 (Suave) || Appearance 5 (Pleasant)

Coraline – Ten – Strength 4() || Charisma 3 || Appearance 3

Epiphany – Ten – Strength 2 || Charisma 3 Mega 1 || Appearance 2 Mega 1

Oz – Eleven – Strength 2 || Charisma 2 || Appearance 2

Alexandra – Twelve – Strength 2 || Charisma 2 || Appearance 3

Jeffrey – Twelve – Strength 2 || Charisma 2 || Appearance 2

John/Butch – Thirteen – Strength 5 Mega 1+(Boost Flucuations) (Rugged)|| Charisma 3 || Appearance 5 (Imposing)

Darrik – Sixteen – Strength 2 || Charisma 5 (Charming) || Appearance 5 (Alluring) Mega 2

Girls: Marina, Maia, Cora, Alex, Pip

Boys: Warren, Oz, Jeff, John, Dar

Some Further Notes

Maia and Marina ended up at the Isle within the same year, only a few months of each other, they have known each other longest. Warren showed up at nine, three years later, followed by Cora and Pip in the next year, Oz showed up on the next year, and Alex and Jeff in the same year. After that, John appeared, and then Darrik two years later.. no one else has appeared sense, and you’ve all gotten the impression no one else is going to at this time.

Appearance

Regular Appearance Benchmarks – Some things to keep in mind about your family/friends/siblings…

2 - This is average appearance, nothing extra ordinary, simply normal, if no Mega’s are involved.

- Oz

- Jeffrey

3 – Good Looking, enough to turn heads, this would be more remarkable in a world without Mega-Appearance.

- Alexandra (Cute, Attractive - Alex is pretty, but surrounded as she is by more attractive girls, she likely isn’t aware of it..)

- Coraline (The problem here, is that her beauty is never constant.. Cora is in constant flux, she’s always attractive, but never looks quite the same from day to day.. her appearance is metamorphic.. and fluctuates too much. It’s her eyes that never change, unless she forces them too, that’s how you all recognize her.)

5 – Supermodel, even Magazine covers quality

- Warren (Warren is good looking, in a gentler way then some of the others, his incredible good looks are more sedate then the others at his level of attractive, but they such that anyone attracted to him enjoys looking at him…)

- John/Butch (He’s also incredibly good looking, but his looks are almost imposing, they have a almost intrusive aspect to them, almost a smack you in the face quality to them)

The following are a few Mega-Appearance Benchmarks, I’d like folks to pay some attention to them when you post.. mainly cause I think this part is sometimes forgotten during play. As nova’s, you have a bit more control over the effect then a baseline, and it’s your character, you can do as you please with them…I’d just like folks to pay attention to this.. also, I should note, if your even slightly bi this effects them.. Here’s where your family sits

Mega

• 1 dot: Average baselines who find you attractive will always fulfill minor requests from you when possible.

Epiphany (her beauty is more soothing.. it’s not obvious at first, just as you look at her, you slowly realize how attractive she is, she’s almost unnoticeable, then it sneaks up on you.. )

• 2 dots: To see you is to be infatuated with and/or lust after you, provided they’re sexually oriented towards your gender.

Darrik (Darrik is just smoking hot.. no other way to say it, the Alluring, together with the constant Seductive Looks part means that those attracted to him are drawn to him.. and almost everyone is attracted to him.. plus his every movement seems seductive.. Every one of the girls has likely had dreams or nightmares wink about him they are unwilling to share.)

• 3 dots: You can always attract an impromptu entourage of admirers, provided there are people around who are sexually oriented toward and non-hostile (at the minimum) to you.

Marina (Marina is an exotic beauty, with her blue on blue eyes, her smooth skin, the boys, and perhaps some of the girls, have interesting daydreams about her. She can change her appearance, like water, possessing the appearance alteration enhancement, but it’s a conscious think, rather then Cora’s unconscious shifting, but she always returns to her base appearance in time. She also has the First Impression’s enhancement, so her beauty hit’s you hardest the first time you meet her. )

Maia (Maia is a stunning beauty, appearance wise, she’s almost as overpowering as she is physically, the boys can’t help but watch her.. and I’m certain some of them have had dreams, day dreams or otherwise. She has the Awe Inspiring and Halo enhancements, so her stunning beauty can be incredible, she’s the most attractive of you all.)

I'm amazingly fried and it's late so I'll post IC tomorrow.

Warren is a perpetually distracted attractive young man with the air of a burned out beach bum. He's perceptually scruffy because of his aberrant hair (4 inches an hour... although thankfully not his beard) and he's constantly fighting a war against his sensory awareness. He often focuses on things others can’t see or listening to things they can’t hear. Warren turned to meditation to deal with his powers, given who and what he is, his history is one long series of disjoint stays, stops, and vacations. Warren is an avid surfer, puzzle solver, gamer, and is into creating beach drawings.

weswtwood.jpgPicture of Warren

And I hope you feel better.

About half of you, actually, I think it's 4 to 5 who have adaptability.. maybe even 6 or 7, but at least have of you don't have the adaptability, a few folks don't even have mega-stamina.

On a side note.. Alex may not have Adaptability, but she does have Matter Creation and Matter Manipulation, plus a specialized version of technological mastery.. creative use of these capabilities and she can survive just fine in space.. as long as her quantum holds up.

On a different note.. my pre-Ordered Copy of Dragon Age 2 became active today.. which means I'm going to be very distracted for the rest of the day... and by distracted, I mean, unlikely to drop in more then once or twice.

Just a note, 'Uncle Shen' is going to respond to Cora.. I was waiting to give the last few a chance to respond (7 out of 10 in 2 days is pretty good, going that fast, I prefer to wait until either everyone has responded.. or another day has passed).. I'll post his response sometime tomorrow... if anyone else has responded or not.

Originally Posted By: Envoy
So, Krul. We going to be using Invisible Castle and the 'mega-stats count as automatic successes added to the roll' system for when we move into Rollplay and not roleplay? wink

Just wanted to kick this up here since you might have missed this Krul, and I wonder if we are handling M-Attribute usage in any fashion other than the official one?

I did miss that.. sorry about that, I hadn't planned to use Mega's too much beyond the standard method.. the dual uses tend to be superior to auto successes, but require a bit more luck, so your roll does matter. Also, I've run Scion before, and using auto successes that also tends to make dots in abilities matter less, and in a Abberant game I think they should matter more.

Lots of Nova's remain suspicious, but about that issue at least, Proteus has managed to keep it from being discovered that they were responsible. Mostly by clouding the issue, and keeping it under the highest levels of secrecy, today only a handful even know what happened, not more then three, and they are all well hidden. Now, the smarter nova's know someone was responsible for the matter, but are unable to pinpoint it as any particular group.. Theories include about a half dozen, of which Proteus is only one, they include groups like the Vatican, the Directorate, Fanatical Religious fringes, etc.

Ok.. I know the kickoff post is a bit open ended, but I have to take Traveler's personality into account. he's guide and a father.. not an commander, and he's not giving marching orders.. he's giving some general directions and guidance for future.. more of a teacher and a parent then a general

It's possible, and allowable, though don't forget you have to have keep quantum flowing to keep your body mods active for long periods of time... you'd lose the effects once you let them lapse.

On a different note, still waiting for a few others to chime in, then I'll make my next post

Sorry Envoy - but when Pip slammed closed the link when she started having the flashback, she actually broke the connection to everyone. Until she has a chance to reestablish - it's down for the moment. Not that she wouldn't be open to talking to Cora - but she's very careful with those flashbacks - she doesn't want anything to bleed and give the others nightmares.

IC - Butch's father is dead, but he's unsure about his mother. All he knows is that John, Sr. told him she was a little crazy and wanted nothing to do with raising him. Butch has no clue whether she's alive or dead and, for now, doesn't seem to care much.

I'd like to have Cora and at least one of her more social siblings at least talk to one of Traveler's Teragen contacts while others address the Aberant faction everyone's swooning over. It would be fun, and between you, me, and the wall, Cora doesn't think all that highly of the Abbies.

Warren's first priority is to provide warp service and/or security for the family. His second is "other earth"... meaning if need be we can do that off screen.

BTW I had a thought. Assume Warren can scout out a solar system in a few hours (which might be a big assumption depending on what ST says, he's got the telescopic vision but that might not be enough). He picks a star (or group of stars)... and asks Traveler to precog what the results would be.

This isn't a situation where there are complex interacting variables, either there's an interesting planet there or there isn't.

Originally Posted By: Envoy
I'd like to have Cora and at least one of her more social siblings at least talk to one of Traveler's Teragen contacts while others address the Aberant faction everyone's swooning over. It would be fun, and between you, me, and the wall, Cora doesn't think all that highly of the Abbies.

Right now this is just OOC, but Darrik might consider pulling the bait and switch with the Teragen contacts. Weasel as much information and intentions out of the Teragen, while giving them nothing in return. laugh

OOC, Butch is ready to start helping others especially 2nd generation novas and their parents. He's ready to work with the other kids in whatever capacity he's most suited for, which is probably as muscle and security for anyone who goes on these fact finding missions or wherever. He's also ready to be something of a combat medic if necessary. If need be, he'll do his best for planning, but he recognizes others might have more talent in that area. Leaving Earth is not a priority for him but he thinks it's something they should work for eventually.

Immediate plans: whoever's going out on the most dangerous sounding mission or errand, Butch wants to be there for protection.

Archived