X-Men: First Class Trailer

Matt

What do you all think? I like the timer period, but I'm still iffy on the quality of the movie. Quotes from the director saying "The 'Twilight' girls will like it" does not excite me for the film.

I have read a ton of x-books and I still don't know who all the people in the trailer are.

I wouldn't sweat quotes too much. The quotes leading into Series Five of Doctor Who invoked a lot of Twilight comparisons, and Moffat turned out one of the strongest runs the series has ever seen. I think comparisons to Twilight are out there for various things because Twilight is the It Thing.

I love the first two X-Men films, was okay with Wolverine, but bullish on "The Last Stand," and First Class showcases the reason why: I think it looks great and I think it'll surprise people, but since X-Men 3 the X-Men films have gone into prequel-land, because Last Stand killed or depowered half the cast. It's tough to go forwards from there.

If ever there was a franchise that can bring back the dead on command, though, it'd be the X-Men. So maybe down the line people will try looking forward with the movie franchise again. I'd love to see an adaptation of Days of Future Past, which is THE prototypical "dark superhero future" story and still holds up pretty well. You could even swap in Cyclops for Kitty Pryde when it comes to who goes time-travelling to set off the plot. Never did find Cyke's body, did they...?

... I have a script to write. Back in a year. smile

• 2 months later...

Archived