[First Age}: Prologue

Mr Fox

As Curtis watched the man's face grew even darker. "Oh, she does does she? Not enough that I'm covering an extra shift for that boyfriend of hers, now she wants me to jump when she calls? I don't think so..." He seemed to notice that he'd spoke with his outside voice something that might not have been appropriate and his eyes narrowed. "Simmons, I expect that cleaned up before I come back this way. If it's not you'll regret it." He turned and stormed off in the direction from which Curtis had just come. The rest of the journey to his assigned patient went without incident, but the guard at the door when he arrived was looking unpleasantly smug. He had a mean look to his eyes, the kind of look you'd see on a man pulling the wings off butterflies. "Bout time you got here Simmons. You're particular skills are needed inside." His grin was malicious, "In case you can't smell it from here."

Opening the door he could immediately tell what the guard meant. The patient was strapped to the bed so that he couldn't move at all and had obviously soiled himself.

With one last smirk the guard, whose nametag read 'Jones', leaned back against the wall chuckling.

---

The walls of air seemed to have done the job. The cook was trapped and his screams, suddenly turned to fright instead of outrage, were no louder than a whisper. He wasn't going anywhere.

That was the last Josh saw of the man, his fists were pounding at the invisible barrier growing more and more desparate.

The rest of the trip through the facility was uneventful except for almost being run over by a red-faced doctor storming down the hall. When he arrived at the door to his own assigned patient the guard started as he turned the handle. Apparently the man had been asleep on his feet and turned to see who the intruder was. Seeing an orderly he recognized he grinned sheepishly. "Sorry, didn't realize it was you at first. Let me know if you need help unstrapping him." Then he stretched and put his back against the wall again and started humming to himself softly.

"Well, John, that's because they've wiped your memories," Amber explained, her hands tugging at the restraints. "We don't have much time, but the short of it is that they've done something to you and we need to get you out of here."

"Something... what?"

"Fuck if I know, I ain't the brains around here and it wasn't what was done to me," Amber said, shrugging. "I know this much. It has something to do with your memory loss, and it won't kill you, but they will. So, can you walk?"

Seeing the real Doctor Jones appear before him was quite a shock. The man looked even more imposing than in his picture. Moses had no doubt that if the man rushed him he would easily tackle him to the ground.

The first thing that came to mind was to restrain and shut the man up. Shortly after that thought two separate weaves of air (Arms of Air) wrapped themselves around the stocky Doctor. One to hold his body in place and the other to serve as a gag.

• 2 weeks later...

Sara:

Sara made it through security without incident and headed to her her assigned places to plant explosives. Like the others she was able to do so without too much trouble. A large nurse in a pair of scrubs that looked big enough to be a mu-mu did grumble about 'nurses too good to do real work', but that seemed more of a general grumbling than a specific insult.

When she finally did make it to her patients room, the guard followed close behind her as she entered and brushed up against her in a rather too familiar way. "So, you are looking good tonight." He looked down at the nametag and lingered a more than a bit too long before looking back up into Sara's eyes. "Susan is it? You're new eh?" Sara found that her personal space was being violated quite thoroughly. The patient, a woman who appeared to be asleep, was being totally ignored by the guard.

---

Amber:

John's eyes grew large and he seemed to be frightened, "Kill me?" He strained at his straps, "Can you get me out? I may not remember who I am, but I don't want to die!" As the straps were being removed he spoke again, "I had a bad feeling about that

Doctor. Something just didn't seem right with him."

As the last strap was coming off he looked up at the door past Amber's shoulder and hissed, "The guard is coming in." There is one thing Amber is sure of, John is looking guilty and the guard is bound to wonder why.

(The guard is opening the door to check on you.)

---

Yamata:

Yamata found his patient sleeping, she was a very attractive young woman with long black hair cascading down the sheets over her shoulders. She began to stir as the lights were turned up to a normal level. There were straps on the bed but they didn't look like they would hold her if she were wanting out. On this girl they looked more like jewelry accenting her fair skin. She looked up at Yamata and yawned, "Time for the meds already Dr. Jimmy?" She was giving Yamata a flirtatious, almost teasing look... she obviously was familiar with the Doctor that he was impersonating.

---

Moses:

With heart pounding faster from the adrenaline of sudden discovery, it was a moment before Moses collect himself. He had acted quickly to neutralize the real Malcom Jones, but now was the problem of what to do with him... Shove the man in his own locker with the plastic explosives that were set to go off in half an hour?

---

Josh:

The guard at the door had been friendly enough that it might almost make Josh feel guilty for what he was going to have to do to the man. But first he needed to decide exactly what that would be, and deal with the victim currently strapped to the bed and looking at him curiously.

"Hi." The man seemed very innocent, it was a bit creepy or perhaps sad for a fully grown, powerfully built, adult man to be sitting there with such a childlike expression of curiosity on his face. "What's your name?"

---

Curtis:

The smell was pretty bad and the guard was obviously not only pleased by what Curtis was going to have to do, but for the room to smell this way the guard must have known about it for some time and purposefully let the victim sit in his own filth. The guy just smirked. "Saved this one just for you."

The guy in the bed looked immensely relieved to see an orderlie come to clean him up finally.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
Sara:

Sara made it through security without incident and headed to her her assigned places to plant explosives. Like the others she was able to do so without too much trouble. A large nurse in a pair of scrubs that looked big enough to be a mu-mu did grumble about 'nurses too good to do real work', but that seemed more of a general grumbling than a specific insult.

When she finally did make it to her patients room, the guard followed close behind her as she entered and brushed up against her in a rather too familiar way. "So, you are looking good tonight." He looked down at the nametag and lingered a more than a bit too long before looking back up into Sara's eyes. "Susan is it? You're new eh?" Sara found that her personal space was being violated quite thoroughly. The patient, a woman who appeared to be asleep, was being totally ignored by the guard.

Though her memories of her previous life were gone, she knew the basics of first aid and medicine, which was a help to her in this act. As she made her way to her assigned patient, the one she was supposed to rescue, she found someone pressing his way into the room with her. She didn't like the way his gaze lingered on the picture, or the way he was crowding in on her. On some level, some part of her seemed to be both annoyed and exasperated by his behavior.. but she also felt that it wasn't unexpected... and she thought to herself. Were all men such pigs? No, that wasn't fair to pigs.. and some men were decent, Fox and the others at least, had treated her with consideration. Still, it felt like a very familiar thought.. perhaps she'd had it before?

She didn't like this at all, but she thought it was the best way to do what she needed too... Sliding up to him, and putting her arms around his neck, she replied to him. "You could say that, mister.." Even as she spoke, she began to weave, she delved into the man's body.. and reached out with the best of her knowledge, to use her healing knowledge to make the man sleep... if that didn't work, she'd just knock him unconscious... but then he fell over, as she held him, she let him drop down to the ground gently.

Then she walked over to the sleeping patient, reaching out to wake her gently, for a moment she considered trying to reverse what she'd just done to make the man sleep, but then decided to use regular methods first.. undoing whatever bindings might be holding the woman down. "Wake up, we've got to get you out of here.. before they start to do worse things then they already have.."

Click to reveal..

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2970439/
Using Air, Spirit and Water with Delving to reach into his body and make him fall asleep, by affecting his body directly.. I believe, with strength, affinities, and wits + intelligence, that's a success, as a sort of aspect of healing.. - 3 for weaving 3 strands into one.. there might be a few other difficulies or bonuses, if using delving with but I believe the total is + 10 after all of the modifiers added, though +/- whatever Fox decides to add.. but unless it's more then -25.. she's just developed a new weave.
Weave - Sleep (Air, Spirit, Water)
Will edit if necessary, let me know Fox.

Curtis couldn't help but shoot a glare at the guard, and wondered how he could be so amused by his actions. "I see. If you like filth so much, help me clean this up." In any case, Curtis was putting on the sanitary gloves and handing- nay, shoving another pair to the guard.

Josh smiled at the man, not so much a friendly smile but a mischievous one. He turned to the door and grabbed a thread of air, fire and spirit and started weaving one of his own special weaves in front of the door. He hadn't learned it from Fox, and hadn't taught it to anyone, but he knew it was good, and it would keep anybody else from coming into the room.

As he wove, he spoke over his shoulder, "Just call me Salvation. I'm here to bust you out before they kill you."

Click to reveal..
Weaving lethal ward against people, Josh's unique weave.

Archived