[First Age}: Prologue

Mr Fox

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the First Age by some, an Age long past, an Age yet to come, a wind rose above a city called Dallas, the wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings or endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

The wind raced down off the tops of the sky scrapers at the city's heart and rushed north past an airport and over homes and followed a highway known as 75. It blew out past South Fork ranch and into the less developed areas beyond the city proper and it's cool air mussed the hair of several men and one yellowed eyed woman standing in a walled garden behind a sprawling ranch style home surrounded by over a hundred acres of land. The unlikely group were looking down at a map drawn on a white board laid over the top of a lawn table.

Daniel Fox smiled, the wind was a relief from the heat of the summer. The heat this year was the worst he remembered so far, there had been over a month of 100 plus degree days and now that September had come summer seemed to have finally broken and with it some of the tension of the past weeks of activity. He had rescued another group of victims from Caduceus Corps. Dallas research lab. Despite his 30 years he felt old and tired, but he knew that was more the result of the worry than any bodily infirmity. Physically, he was in perfect health, and had been since his own 'treatment' at the hands of Caduceus. His 5'9" height was perfectly toned and muscled and despite his cares he stood straight and proud. The only mark that might be considered an imperfection was the streak of white hair that started at his right temple and ran back through his bright red hair. It had been there since before his 'treatment' and was the result of the failed brain surgery attempt to remove the tumor that had nearly killed him. He thought of the streak as he ran his fingers through his hair to straighten it and found it odd that the nanites that had repaired and improved every other aspect of his health hadn't fixed that as well. They were the reason he was in such perfect health, not because of any accident of biology or effort of exercise. That wasn't to say he didn't work to improve himself. Ever since he had discovered what Caduceus was doing to people who had the Treatment he had been pushing himself to learn every art of self defense he could and it had already come in handy more than once during the rescues.

He looked at Amber, his green eyes staring unflinchingly into her wolf-like yellow ones. A muscle twitched in along his jaw and he worked to restrain a comment that might set the young woman off again. She was the only one of those he had rescued that had any memories of their lives and she was proving a bit difficult to deal with. She was also the only one who had not undergone the Treatment and so he wasn't entirely sure what to do with her. She certainly had some usefulness, and more than enough motivation to strike back at Caduceus, but she wasn't a Channeler as the victims had begun to call themselves.

"Look, these guys have finished learning what I can teach them and there is nothing more I can do for them." Gesturing to include the others he continued, "You all need to decide where you are going to go from here. I intend to hit that lab one last time and ensure that they never use it again. They will just move operations to some other location, but it will be an inconvenience and it will cost them time. You guys can come with me if you want but after that I have to disappear. Remaining in too big of a group makes us much easier to find and I want to live to fight again. And again. And again."

One of the few possessions the woman had on her at her rescue was a pair of drum sticks. When she was nervous or deep in thought, she would toy with one or both. She never actually drummed them against anything but her leg, but she was prone to twirling them around her fingers.

"Look," she said heatedly, "the only reason I'm not on a bus headed for home is that I'm pretty sure those asshats will just come for me again. I'm willing to make their life hell for the shit they've done to me, but we need some kind of plan. I mean, one drummer and a bunch of super-powered amnesiacs aren't really much of a threat, not without some kind of game-plan. And I don't mean blow up the next lab."

She shook her head, her straight brown hair following the motion in waves. "You seem to be the man with the plan and I'm not sure what we're doing when you're gone." She looked around the group. "Unless one of you has a thought?"

"My plan? My plan is simple. Survive. Save as many of us as I can. And hurt anyone that uses Channelers like slaves. Beyond that I've got nothing. No master plan, no grand scheme." He looked very serious as he continued. "My one advantage is that they don't know I'm alive so they don't know to look for me, well, two really. I was able to hack into their computers thanks to the fact that I know Dr. Macintosh's login credentials, that's how I stay current on what they are up to. Unfortunately, Caduceus isn't the only game in town anymore. Now that the government is involved and producing their own Channelers I can only do so much. Rumor has it that the Russians and Chinese have their own teams now too, and maybe others. It's going to start getting pretty ugly soon."

He shrugged, "I've given you guys all I can in the short time we've had. With what I've taught you should be able to hide out and stay alive. You've got my email account so you can reach me anytime, but more importantly, with some of the weaves, you can easily hide in plain sight." He reached out the light and fought the raging torrent of power for a moment then started to weave. When he was done Curtis was left looking exactly like Ronald Regan. Fox grinned, "You can do this to yourself, but it's much easier to do it for someone else, but you all know how, so use the ability wisely."

It was how he had gotten into the lab to rescue them in fact. He had walked right in looking like Dr. Macintosh and had lifted the man's security badge that evening as he left the building using Arms of Air as they had started to call the weave.

"Look, once I go my separate way from you, just be smart and use the weaves you know to stay out of trouble. You guys aren't the only one's I've rescued, I need to check up on the others as well, but we'll get together again soon I'm sure."

After the Ronald Regan disguise melted away, the face that was truly Curtis' was revealed, a blond-haired youth of about 19 or 20 at most, who quietly fingered his glasses as he spoke and internally thought. "A plan is more than important, but there are other pressing issues to consider. Whether we operate in a nomadic fashion, or more likely establishing a city as our base of operations, transport, food, shelter, and the money to provide them, will be necessities. We are, bar one, amnesiacs, and I don't know how much in the way of legalities we'll be able to either uphold or break during our mission."

Yamata looked around at the others. He had found it strange when he had come to, no memories of anything that had ever happened to him, yet he spoke both his mother tongue and English, which those around him seemed to use.

He wasnt even sure where he was. It sounded vaguely familiar, but in the way things might sound similar. He wasnt even aware of how he had ended up so far from his homeland, which obviously wasnt here.

Even more intriguing were the scars covering his arms from his fingertips to his elbows. Like Fox's white hair, they had failed to be healed. He had considered this before, and though maybe, subconsciously, he didnt want them to be healed and his body wasnt allowing it to happen. Thanks to the nanites though they didnt impaire his movements.

And his movements were another thing strange. The walk of a tiger ready to pounce at all time. Forms and motions he didnt understand coming to him naturally. He had heard someone mention something, to do with the weaves, but possibly also applied to the body. If you practice and practice something it becomes second nature, so much so that your body will just move of its own accord, remembering things you had thought you had forgotten. It made him uneasy but also offered some assurance that he could hold his own in a fight.

He stood a little over six foot, and was roughly the same age as Fox. His hair was black and almost down to his shoulders. His body, aside from the scars, was in pristine physical condition. He did dislike the clothes he was given though, and at his first opportunity wanted to get some new clothes from the nearest town. But at this point he really couldnt afford them.

Glancing at the sky he smiled, thinking about the other day when he had brought a giant bolt of lightning from clear blue skies to strike just before them. He had misjudged the power of the lightning though and the lot of them had been thrown away amidst clumps of dirt, temporarily defeaned from the thunderclap that followed. It was dangerous, but he loved it, its thrilled him, both using the power and calling the lightning, he just needed to be more careful about how he used it.

He wondered how well the weaving could be applied to martial arts. As it was something he knew it was also something he wanted to improve on. But that was for later, not for now when they were discussing their next course of action.

Speaking slowly and delibrately in English he addressed them.

"I also think it will be difficult to live now without direction. We know nothing. We should be going back to school. But at my age that could not feel right. I will just need to be pointed at something. But first, let us make the daemons that would wipe the memories of humans pay for what they have done."

Click to reveal..
yamatanoorochi3.jpg,,

As the discussion continued Moses sat straining himself, but the result was the same as always. Nothing. Blank. Empty. The brown skinned man with a long black braid down his back still couldn't believe that one day he woke up confused yet aware. The voices he heard didn't start making sense until five days had passed. Apparently he was relearning everything he once knew a second time.

He was embarrassed when none of the others seemed to have the difficulties he was having. He still couldn't read, like some of them, but he was sure that if he puzzled it out he could make some sense of it. A few more well placed, "Can you read that again please?" comments and he believed he would unlock the secret. According to Daniel he also used to be a different person, with a separate life, and shockingly in that life he couldn't make any weaves. It was almost impossible to believe. Learning to survive, re-learning basic skills, and practicing weaves was all he knew since he woke up.

His gaze wandered over to the yellow eyed woman. She scared him the most. He could still remember the tirade she unleashed on him. How was he supposed to know that dropping his pants to urinate during a training exercise was not only unacceptable, but apparently highly offensive. He sighed to himself, How am I supposed to know, when I can't remember anything? As she turned her head back in his direction, as if feeling the probing stare, he quickly looked back down before she could catch his eyes. Best to avoid her completely before I do something else to make her mad

His embarrassment caught his tongue. Some of the things he said caused the others to burst into fits of laughter. When he asked the woman what she filled her chest with to make it so big Mr. Fox began leaking out of his eyes from laughing so hard...it looked painful. He was just glad Yamata was able to tackle her before she reached him. A shiver went up his spine when he thought about what could have happened. Even so, the words that came out of her mouth were education enough.

The conversation finally intruded on his thoughts and he felt a vague sense of discomfort. So we are going our separate ways? He wondered if he could really survive on his own, yet the idea had a strange appeal to him. The thought that he might test himself and brave the unknown was a strangely joyful and euphoric feeling.

What Yamata was saying made sense to him. Although he didn't feel any sort of anger or desire for revenge, the prospect of learning more about his other self was too great a lure to pass up. He had to go along to find out more. A lazy grin soon floated to his face before he said airily, "I think I'm coming."

Click to reveal..

jay-tavare-4381.jpg

Oh, my god... daemons? Who the fuck talks like this? Amber sighed, stiffening as she caught that one creep's eyes darting away from her. She stifled an angry growl, which only made her more upset - I'm not supposed to be able to do that!. It made her want to cry, but fuck that because she was tougher than that, god damnit.

"Yippee, we're going," Amber snorted, sighing, "and then what? What the fuck do we do after the raid? We're about to run off and wage war on these guys and trust me, that's awesome in my book. I'd like to jam the toe of my boot in a few asses. But seriously, what then? We need a plan. Fox has got one, but you all... Jesus, no offense, but some of you aren't functional."

Before any of the guys could verbalize any offense, Amber was continuing, "I can't think of a place we can go where those fuckheads won't be waiting for me. But I do know what we need - housing, income, food. Fox has been providing all that, but we need to figure out what we're doing next.

"I've got some money left with a friend, but the second I contact them, we're on a timeclock. Fox, any ideas?"

At first she thought it was Fox answering, You don't need to hide in a den, you need to hunt. It took a minute to sink in that this was not something she had heard aloud, she was so focused on the conversation at hand.

When Fox did answer she almost missed it, "You shouldn't contact your friends. They'll be watched and the minute you contact them you'll be hunted."

The two mentions of being hunted almost on top of each other, one inside her head and the other out, was an odd experience and one she didn't particularly like.

The voice in her head just laughed, Be a rabit if you wish Snow Fire, but that is not our way. She got a sudden sense of others joining the conversation as if from a distance.

Hunt!

Chase, never be chased...

Hunt but be cautious, two legs are dangerous with their thunder sticks.

As each thought came, Amber became more conscious that each was an individual and with it came a sense of the speaker.

The first voice and closest was Laughing Tusk, and with the name came an image of a young wolf baiting a cornered boar with huge tusks swinging wildly back and forth, while his pack circled in for the kill.

There were four in all, as each one gave their name their voices seemed stronger in Amber's mind. There was Leaping Fawn, who sent an image of stumbling into a clearing as a cub and startling a young deer who jumped so high she cleared a tall bush. Storm Drinker, whose image was of howling up into a raging thunderstorm as lightning blasted the ground nearby. And finally, Raven Feather, a young she-wolf whose image was of sadness at seeing a feather floating down from at tree.

Each name and image was far more detailed than the brief impression, but that was all that Amber could boil it down to in her mind.

We had heard that there was a two-legs that shared the spirit. This is a thing that has not happened in time beyond memory for us. An image of Amber standing atop on a mountain amidst snow but raging like a fire about something was what she saw next. You could not hear us then, but we knew you would Snow Fire.

Amber jerked under the assault of images and voices, her hands wrapping around the edge of the table. It didn’t help. Her yellow eyes were clenched shut under the assault; though she couldn’t hear it, she was panting, her breath rasping through clenched teeth as if she’d been sprinting the mile.

“I wasn’t running!” It took her a moment to realize she’d spoken aloud. She opened her eyes and the others were staring at her. She blinked, scowling, as those creepy yellow eyes bored into Fox. “I’m not talking about hiding. I’m talking about a place to hole up and rest.”

Fox looked concerned but just shrugged. "Do like I did, this ranch belongs to some guy from England but his company has an office in the city so I just made myself look like him and poof it's mine, as far as anyone else is concerned anyway. He only comes here once a year so he'll never know we used his house."

He pointed down at another map mostly covered by the first. "Every city has empty houses sitting vacant, with just a little internet research on your part plus the Disguise weave you can pretend to own any of them." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a stack of several One-hundred dollar notes and tossed them onto the table. "Money is just as easy to come by. I just try to not abuse these gifts by hurting individuals. Sure there's the ethical argument that no crime is victimless, but the mega corps and governments declared war when they started using us as slaves, if they lose a little green here and there, then that's just one more small victory as far as I'm concerned."

He gestured for Amber to take the thousand dollars on the table. "Go ahead, take it, I'll give you guys all some cash before I take off. It won't be enough for you to get comfortable, but it will last you a short time if you are careful."

He gave Amber a shrewd look, "These guys don't know what the world is like yet. I've barely had a few weeks to get them readjusted to society and educated, but think about it. You know what it's like, you can help guide them and keep them out of trouble."

Finally done with the point he was trying to make he asked, "Are you ok? For a second there you looked... well, not ok."

Amber listened to Fox, her eyes locked on him. Her scowl remained in place and even grew darker as he spoke. The life he was talking about was not one she wanted. Living on the run. No where to stop. No where to rest. Stealing to survive.

Fucking Caduceus.

She thought that sometimes the Channelers... or whatever they were, envied her. After all, she still remembered her life. She didn't have a great, gaping hole in the place of what should have been her life. She had it all: like her first kiss, the first fish she tickled out of the crick and her pride when that rusty old truck started.

She knew what she's lost. Amber could remember her life and knew what Caduceus had taken from her. Her friends, her fans and her family were all lost to her.

But Amber was more or less fine until Fox asked his question. Her lips pulled back from her teeth in what was almost a snarl as she glared at him. She felt defensive, as if she should feel insulted that he was noticing her anxiety. Without answering, she rose to her feet and snatched up the money, folding it and stuffing it in her pocket. She jammed the drumsticks in her back pocket and said, “So we’re raiding Caduceus? Where and what’s the plan?”

Fox reached into an inner pocket of his jacket and pulled out a stack of plastic ID cards. As he handed each person a card it was obvious that gaining entry to the facility wouldn't be too difficult. "Each of these is a valid ID card that I stole from employees at Caduceus over the last year or so. Since I'm inside their security system I made sure they are still valid. We'll be able to walk right in using these peoples faces." He looked serious as he spoke, it was clear that this wasn't just a game for him.

"Once inside I'll tap directly into the security video feeds and make sure they are only seeing what we want them to see. You'll each have a small bag of explosives to plant around the facility, they are small and unobtrusive so they won't easily be noticed if you are careful. Individually they won't do much but when triggered all at once it should be enough to completely wreck the place. Using your disguises move around the building and plant the charges. That's the easy part. The hard part is that security has tripled since we brought you out. There are a lot of guards roaming around the facility and they will have to be neutralized if we are going to succeed. If we move too soon innocent people could die, if we don't act with surprise we'll all be caught. Now here's the real bad news. There's another group of channeler's already in there newly brain sucked and I want to get them out in the process."

He pointed to several spots on the lab blueprints. "Here, here, here, here and here are secure locations where the security people can be detained without being noticed. Those also happen to be the patient's rooms were the victims we want to rescue are located. So here's my thought. We go in using the disguises on these badges, approach the security guards and take them into the rooms and disable them, then switch clothes and ID's with them. You then stand guard in front of the rooms, and I use my security access to send other guards to you for you to disable. We take them out one at a time that way without raising suspicions. Once they are clear you will get your patient out of there. When you and the channelers are out and safe, I'll initiate an evacuation of the facility so that any nurses or other patients can get out, once they are I'll trigger the Boom."

"Questions?"

Moses sharply inhaled as Fox laid out the daring plan. There are more of us? They have done this to others so soon? Even with the few memories he had built over the last couple of weeks, just losing that small snippet would be devastating. The thought of losing his life again was overwhelming. Whenever he began to think about the lives he might have lived before he couldn't help but feel a twinge of regret.

"Mr. Fox, it is a bold plan but with us being so scattered throughout the facility even the slightest mistake could ruin everything. What are we going to do if the alarm is sounded before we can secret the other channelers out? If one of us falls to Caduceus are we to leave him behind?"

The dark eyed man sighed while brushing a wisp of black hair out of his face before continuing, "Liberating more channelers is a worthy enough cause, but to jump right back into the lion's mouth once we escaped doesn't even seem rational!"

The lion's mouth? Where did that come from?

Fox reached over to a bag on the edge of the table holding down one corner of the pile of maps and blueprints. He unrolled the wrinkled brown paper bag and pulled out a small earbud with a stiff wire attached sealed in plastic. "Personal comms, the same kind the the guards wear, but since I'll be in control of their security, our communications won't be detected, and their only hear what we want them to hear. If one of you gets in trouble I can direct the others to your aide and direct them away from the area. If it comes down to a choice of you versus the new victims, then I would call off the mission to get you out safely."

Standing up, Moses crossed the room to look at the maps and blueprints sprawled open on the table. After a few minutes of study he felt certain he had memorized the layout.

He nodded his head as Fox explained the coms and security procedures. This is definitely well organized. With Fox keeping an eye on us through the security system and directing our movements, it mitigates the chances for discovery...

Grabbing one of the coms, Moses placed the bud in his ear and then clipped a security badge on the left pocket of his shirt. With a smart salute and a crooked grin he said, "Ready for my shift sir!"

Josh came out of the ranch house, sandwich in one hand and holding tightly the One Power (not doing anything with it, just holding it). He descended the stairs from the porch coming out of the shadow and letting the sun hit his close-cropped brown hair and brilliant blue eyes. His skinny frame was clothed in a plain, loose, solid red t-shirt and comfy blue jeans. His sneakers raised a little dust that was quickly carried away by the breeze without beginning, as he approached the table, munching on his sandwich. He did manage to swallow before he spoke. "Man, when you gotta go, you gotta go." A lazy smile crossed his face.

Looking at Fox he spoke, "I heard most of what you said from the kitchen. We go in, plant the bombs, spring the guests, and bolt. We risk our necks and you watch us on the cams. You got the stuff, and we're figuring out when to do this and I guess we're still figuring out what to do after." He looked down at the map then at those standing around it. "Did I miss anything?"

Click to reveal..
Sorry for no pic... just going to have to visualize.

Name: Josh Harrington

Concept: Gamer

Nature: Analyst/Thrillseeker... ish

Occupation: Former professional gamer and aspiring game designer (Sr. in Computer Science)

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 120

Hair: Brown Skin: Caucasian Eyes: Blue

Jesus, Amber groaned to herself. These guys are killing me. I need to get laid. Too bad none of these guys remember how to stick it in right, much less see to their partner's pleasure. While that held certain merits in regards to training them right, Amber wasn't really in the mood for patience.

Preoccupied as she was with carnal matters, she was a little surprised to hear herself say, "I'm not leaving anyone behind." They all looked at her, surprised; Amber didn't often express any kind of sentiment or really kindness, so it was a bit ususual for her. Amber was just as surprised as all of them, but she didn't change her statment. In fact, she added, "No one deserves to be left in there."

Straightening, she looked at Fox and asked, "Last question - what other weapons do you have for us? And yeah, I mean guns. You guys might have... skills and can be walking weapons, but all I've got is pretty eyes. Not quite enough for what we're doing."

Fox gave Amber a nod of respect. He understood the sentiment, unfortunately, these guys were soldiers in a war whether that had sunk in yet or not and a hand full of trained soliders were more valuable than a group of raw recruits that knew nothing at all, but there was no point in arguing.

"Guns are no problem. The owner of the ranch has a number of them. Seems he likes to go shooting and hunting when he's in the country since the UK doesn't allow citizens to have guns. He's got half a dozen pistols that you could take and conceal if you want."

"Half a dozen?" Amber asked with an amused smirk. "You seem to have a high opinion of what I can do with my body, Fox." One corner of her mouth quirked up a little higher, making her smile lecherous. "Makes me wonder what else you think I'm capable of."

Still grinning, she turned away from the gathered men. "I'm going to go pick out accessories for the party. Anyone else who doesn't want my rejects had better get in gear." The last was tossed over her shoulder as she walked back toward the ranch house to arm herself.

Images of what Moses thought Amber could do with her body flashed through his head. Many scenes filled mostly with dismembered corpses, blood, and her laughing maniacally seemed to dominate the landscapes.

He was relieved when she decided to leave in order to prepare for the mission. Moses already decided he wouldn't be using a gun. There was something too impersonal in using one of those cold lifeless objects. The feeling he got when channeling was as if he was directing life itself, molding it to his own will. Now that he had done it, everything else paled in comparison.

Bashfully he stood up and muttered, "I think I will get something to eat before we leave. If..if you need anything I will have this comlink." he tapped at the bead in his ear as he spoke

Yamata just let the others figure out all the details. He took the ID he was passed and moved off to the side, looking very closely at it. Firstly he checked to see if there were any vital statistics on the card, it wouldnt help if he took the face but looked completely wrong everywhere else.

He then knelt down near a tree, in seiza. He stared deeply into the photo on the ID taking in as many of the details of the face as he could. Slowly he lowered his centre of focus to just below his navel. He did not know where this technique came to him from, but it was as natural as breathing to him. It allowed him to more easily withstand the torrent of power that flowed in when he released himself to the source.

As always it was still a battle within a battle within a battle to try and get the threads to do what he wanted them to do, but this took only a second, if less. Soon the threads of the disguise fell over him and his image took on that of the one in the ID card.

He knew one fact though, he would need to be paired up with someone who spoke English with ease. His halted way of speaking would easily place it as a second language, and of course he had a japanese accent in there too. He would need to keep his mouth closed for this to work.

He left the disguise drop and stood up, heading into the farm to see what the others were now doing.

Sara was away from the others, being one of the only women rescued, who could channel, Fox hadn't really been able to help her. They knew that she could could channel, mainly cause of her ability to weave threads in a manner that allowed her to heal, and with just a touch of power, to tell how hurt someone was.

The men apparently channeled differently then she did, the surprise had come when she had inadvertently linked herself with Fox while he was trying to at least give her some idea of how he did things.

That had come as a surprise to both of them, and sense then she'd tried linking to others, with mixed success.. she couldn't link more then one other, but she wondered how it would go with another female channeler. In the end, she'd watched the others, and managed to, very slowly, with meditation and care, to replicate some of the things they did, in her own way, but not everything. The men talked about seizing control over the energies, binding threads that way, but for her, it was more of an embrace, the power was different with her, and she wondered if it was the same for other women or not.

Like the others, she didn't have much in the way of memory, she called herself Sara, cause she felt the name belonged to her, but didn't have much else. She was a healer, and that was important to her, that much she was sure of, the rest she couldn't say for sure one way or another.

Returning to the group just as Fox was handing out cards, she frowned, and took the card, saying nothing, sitting down on the edge of the circle with the others.

Click to reveal..

31698x667.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Josh picked up his card, and declined going inside for a gun. He still had hold of the One Power, and was glad to finally have something to do with it. So he wove his disguise. Hopefully if there was anything blatantly wrong with it, someone would tell him before he came face to face with a guard.

"So, when do we get this show on the road?"

Dwayne joined the group last, still unsure of what he would do now that learned to control this power that had been awakened inside of him. The training provided by Fox only provided a small insight into the person he was now, not the person he used to be. It troubled him that he knew so little of his past and evidently the others had some of those same misgivings, but now was not the time bring those fears out. It was a time for action and for some reason he was looking forward to it.

He nodded in agreement as Fox laid out the plans for the group. It was a sound plan, but it would take all their skills to pull it off. The others responses echoed his own, and for better or worse everyone seemed on board with the plan. Dwayne grabs a id card "It seems that eveything is covered Fox, and I'm for one hoping that everything does go off without a hitch. When is go time?"

Click to reveal..

rundown6.jpg

Preparations were done by the next evening and each person wore their disguises convincingly. Fox was a little worried about whether they could pull this off, not the mission but the individual performances. The mission would be a success one way or another, he would personally see to that. The real question here was whether they would all make it out alive and rescue the latest group of victims. Fox moved out first entering the building with his fake security badge, this time not posing as the big man himself, but merely as Jon Marshall, the lead security guard for the evening. He moved into the security booth and greeted the other guards with a friendly smile and quick hello before moving into manager's office. Once there he put his briefcase down on the desk and opened it up facing himself. Inside was a silenced pistol incase things went badly. When he was settled he called in the other men one at a time and made use of a power that he had very intentionally not taught the other channelers. It was a weave he had a particular talent for, but he hated to use it, it always made him feel uneasy. When they left the office each man was absolutely convinced that Fox was someone to be trusted implicitly and that they needed to help him bring down Caduceus. When he walked out into the main security booth with all the monitors and equipment that would help coordinate the plan, it was with three new allies who would help get team succeed.

"Alright gentlemen, let's make sure our people get through the secuity checks without incident shall we?"

A chorus of "Yes sir!", was the only response.

Over the secure channel mic he announced, "Ok team lets begin, each of you head into the building with a couple minutes between each of your arrivals. I've got the security booth locked down and neutralized, you only need to worry about the guards patrolling the halls and guarding the victims."

Amber stalked along, the brim of her hat pulled low. Her contacts were annoying her, which only made this whole thing worse. They were necessary so that she didn't flash her yellow eyes all over the place, but she'd never worn them before and they weren't that comfortable. She was also aware that she didn't really look like her ID picture. It was probably close enough for anything other than full scrutiny, but she didn't like it.

Grumbling to herself, the brunette headed into the complex, following her route. This plan was insane and she was crazy for agreeing to it. It was like something out of a TV show - and that didn't happen in real life. Dear Playboy, I was walking through a medical facility, planting bombs so that I could rescue a bunch of amnesic freaks when the greatest thing ever happened to me...

Curtis came in a couple minutes after Amber, cautiously moving down the long hallways, taking the route he'd been assigned. The caution was for caution's sake, rather than out of any fear- well, a bit. Specifically the fear of the unknown affecting him, considering he had barely any perceived experience with this or much of anything at all.

Ironically, killing seemed to be the last thing worrying him, since his slate-clean mind didn't have the cultural, legal and other factors truly ingrained into himself. If it was necessary, he'd do it.

Yamata took his time to follow, making sure they didnt follow an exact pattern. When he entered he made sure not to talk to anyone, knowing his accent and lack of command of the english language would give him away in an instant. Problem was he didnt know how the person he was imitating acted.

Not worrying about trying to conceal himself once inside he walked with asurety. For some reason he felt the guards would react better to a person who seemed to know where they were going than a person looking like they werent supposed to be there.

He had memorised the route and would have no trouble following it. If any guards walk towards him he will not change how he acts and will nod to them as they walk past if that is the case. If not, then we will have to see what happens.

Moses checked the tiny mirror one more time to make sure the disguise was still in place. He could still feel the weave he tied off, but he still wanted to make sure. A clean cut face with a square jaw and a butt chin stared back at him. It reminded him of those guys on television that got to play around throwing a ball for a living.

Imagining how someone like that might walk Moses stuck out his chest, jutted his chin forward and swaggered into the facility as if he owned the place. He memorized the path he was supposed to take, but he also looked for signs that would give him confirmation that he was going the right way. Just as he expected a "Sector E --->" sign appeared so he took a right.

Soon he would arrive at his destination and "Phase 2" would begin. He idly wondered to himself if it were too much to ask for things to go off without a hitch...

Sara had yet to find the proper threads to mask her appearance, it was harder for her, sense she couldn't really learn from Fox as the men had, she'd had to improvise her own way of doing things. The linking had helped a little, she knew better about the differences between how she channeled and how the others did, but she'd still had to develop the threads of the various spells herself.

Fortunately, she seemed to have a bit more finesse then the boys did, it seemed they tended to be more forceful in the way they used the power. Unfortunately, she had yet to master the weave that let her look like someone else, so she would be hanging back a bit, to support the others, and help as needed.

But, as they came in, she thought of another idea, and she decided was going to try something else, she wasn't sure it was going to work, but if it did...

Gathering the threads of Air and Water around her, using basic knowledge of science, she tried to use them together to guide light around her, and cloak herself from vision, to become invisible, for all intents and purposes.

Click to reveal..

Been wanting to give this a try.. so.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2927338/

Base: 30

+ 12 for Strength, Affinity, Intelligence and Wits

-2 For using at least 2 Strands.. which may not be enough..

Going to use basic scientific knowledge to try and use air and water to mirror light around herself making herself mostly invisible, but this is likely a complicated weave.

Not sure if anything else should be added or subtracted from that, that requires ST intervention, but right now, the total presently comes to 40, I doubt any bonuses or negatives will make it more then + 25, which would be needed to make this a success... so this is most likely an unanticipated result...

Josh had been holding his mask for sometime now, so he was completely comfortable in it. The feeling of the weave, the feeling of holding the One Source was exhilarating. In fact, the hardest part of his mission was letting go of it.

Josh walked through the corridors, perfectly on route to where he was going, acting like someone who belonged. Although, for some unknown reason, as Josh walked through the hallways as someone who belonged, he had the urge to hide under a cardboard box.

Click to reveal..

With one dot in science you won't be able to achieve anything close to real invisbility, you just wouldn't know enough details about how light works to effectively bend it around you. As it is now what you'll end up with is that people will see you as a large distortion in the air. They will be able to tell that someone is there, but the effect will be very disconcerting and unnatural. They definitely won't be able to tell who you are though.

Over Sara's comm she hear's Fox's startled voice. "What the hell? Sara, what is that weave? It's very obviously not natural, if you keep that up, you'll have people running screaming from the building or checking to make sure they haven't taken the wrong meds... Better to just walk through security as yourself. I've got security locked down up here, the computeres will accept your badge, you just need to distract the guard at the door slightly to keep him from noticing that your badge picture doesn't match your face."

Amber found that despite the lack of an exact likeness to the badge she carried, she was able to make it through security without issues. The guard looked just a little bored and didn't pay attention to Amber's face at all, his eyes never got above her chest. He did however, check her badge and since it scanned ok, he didn't bother to look any closer. He even spoke to comment on her badge, "I see you've still got the old style badge Ms. Peckham, be sure you swing by security next week to get one of the new ones issued... these old ones won't work once they install the hand scanners."

Once beyond the enterance it was no problem to follow the directions to get to her assigned spot. The guard at the door seemed even more bored than the one at the enterance to the facility, but then that wasn't too surprising considering that it was very unlikely trouble would penetrate this deeply into the facility without an alarm being raised. He looked up as Amber approached and gave her a quick once-over glance but seeing not threat simply smiled. "Night shift huh?" He jerked his head in a gesture toward the door he guarded, "He was yelling again a little bit ago. The orderlies had to put him in restraints, but you ought to be safe."

---

Unlike Amber, Curtis seemed to have both more and less success. Appearing as one of the orderlies meant that most people completely ignored him, but not everyone. Halfway to his assigned rescuee, a pompus looking Doctor caught him by the arm. "Simmons! Don't you dare ignore me! I asked you to take clean up that mess over there and I expect it done pronto. If you don't get you mind on your job I'll see you on report, got it!?!"

The doctor looked a little red in the face apparently not used to being ignored by an underling, or perhaps he was just that kind of person who was always angry about something, his face certainly looked angry and disapproving enough.

---

Of everyone in the group, Yamata had the least trouble, simply walking purposefully through the corridors to his destination which was guarded just like all the others, having planted his charges along the way. The guard at the door seemed alert, but simply nodded respectully at what he thought was Dr. James Abernathy. "Evening Doc."

---

For Moses it was too much to expect to have a simple walk down the corridor to his destination. His first stop was the Doctor's break room where he was able to plant his charge in 'his' locker, but that's where things started to go wrong. Dr. Malcom Jones, the real one that is, rounded the corner of the lockers with a towel wrapped around his waist. There was a brief moment where the man looked angry when he saw someone closing the door of his locker, then confusion as he looked at the copy of himself standing there fully dressed in a labcoat. "Uh, what... hey, you're..."

Moses could tell the next thing out of the man's mouth would be a yell for security, but he also looked about to charge.

---

Josh, also dressed as an orderly, was ignored by the staff as he made his way through the facility. He was almost finished planting his charge in the facility's kitchen when one of the cooks stepped out of a freezer and saw him with his arm in the pantry. "You there! You know darned good and well you are not allowed in the kitchen. What? Did you think you could just waltz in here and grab a free snack? Thought I'd be gone for the evening did you?" He looked smuggly satisfied, "I guess we've solved the mystery of who has been helping causing my inventory to fall short for the last two months!" He didn't seem to be threatening in any physical way, but he was definitely walking over to a phone, likely to call security.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox

Over Sara's comm she hear's Fox's startled voice. "What the hell? Sara, what is that weave? It's very obviously not natural, if you keep that up, you'll have people running screaming from the building or checking to make sure they haven't taken the wrong meds... Better to just walk through security as yourself. I've got security locked down up here, the computeres will accept your badge, you just need to distract the guard at the door slightly to keep him from noticing that your badge picture doesn't match your face."

Well, she thought to herself, that certainly didn't work out as you intended.. but it's an interesting weave, might be useful in the future to keep trying. She dropped the attempt at invisibility, though she made note of how the weave worked together for future attempts.

Taking Fox's advice, she walked up to the entrance, and as security was about to look in her direction, she used the weaves to snatch at the air, an element she had considerable affinity for, and yank the guard's chair out from under him, trying to use just enough force that it would seem like he shifted it and it caught on something. As he was trying to get up, she badges though and moved deeper into the complex, to follow her own mission.

Click to reveal..

Using the Telekinesis weave to try and keep the guard distracted while she enters the building.

• 2 weeks later...

Amber nodded. "Good to know," she said, a clipboard with official-looking stuff on it tucked in her arms. She figured it would give her a reason to seclude herself with the guy she was supposed to spring if asked. But the guard wasn't paying any attention to it and Amber added with a smile, "Anything to make the job easier, right?"

She entered the room, setting her jaw against the bad memories. She'd been here not that long ago. The young man was bound to the bed, looking listless. Hopeless.

"Hey, there," Amber said, dropping her clipboard on a tray. "Do you remember your name, or have they given you the whammy yet?"

Yamata just nods to the guard as he enters the room. Then he shuts the door.

He ignores anyone in the room and thinks for a moment.

"Quick! Problems!" he calls out, hoping the guard will react by running into the room.

As he yells he positions himself behind the door so that when its opened and the guard rushes in his back will be to Yamata. All at once Yamata will try to push the door shut while swinging his right leg into the side of the right knee of the guard as he goes to put weight on it. If successful this should drop the guard to the side after which Yamata will try and grab the head/hair of his victim with his right hand and bring his left elbow down onto his victims head near the ear. Not trying to kill him, but just knock him out. If this still doesnt drop him he will pull the head down onto his knee, twisting it as he does so his knee smashes into his face.

If the guard failed to barge in he would need to reconsider his plan. It looked perfect in the blankness of his mind but people reacted in different ways to different things.

Click to reveal..

Attempting to lure the guard inside - Subterfuge pool 2 1 suc

If the guard rushes into the room to help...

Attempting to Surprise the guard - Stealth pool 7 4 sucs

Attempting to flank by attacking from rear

Attempting to Kick at knee - MA pool 9 -3 for actions +1 for combinations = 7 + bonuses 4 sucs

Damage 5 sucs

Attempting to Elbow in head - MA pool 9 -3 for actions +1 for combinations -1 for 2nd attack = 6 + bonuses 2 sucs

Damage 3 sucs

Attempting to Knee in head - MA pool 9 -3 for actions +1 for combinations -2 for 3rd attack = 5 + bonuses 2 sucs

Damage 3 sucs

Will withold the final attack if he slumps after the first 2.

Your input required for all parts of this. Rolls done.

I didnt add any bonuses from the stealth because I was told in the chat it is usually an opposed roll, if you can tell me what you want me to do about the stealth and flanking I'll do any extra rolls required.

"Whammy? Uh..." The guy looked confused. There was a certain intelligence to his eyes, but he just wasn't making the connection. "They call me John, but I'm afraid I don't remember anything before waking up here a few days ago." He pulled at the straps on his wrists. "I'm calm now. Would you please release me?"

((Yamata - Please go ahead a make the actual rolls and post them then I'll update with what happens.))

((Still looking for posts from Grundle, Curtis and Katalyst.))

Curtis tried to think quickly, as a lengthy entanglement would only reveal him as an impostor. With the inexperience of memory, he flushed and told the doctor, "Ok, sir, ok." Now, divert him elsewhere. "By the way, Doctor Weinburg wanted to talk to you in her office." Curtis lied, speaking the name of a female doctor he understood to be in the building tonight, and whose office was far off in the opposite direction of where Curtis was going.

Click to reveal..

Man+Subterfuge:

4d10.hits(7)=2

All the different possibilities that the One Power offered him flashed through Josh's mind as the cook reached for the phone. But of everything that he could do, he decided to simply put a wall of hardened air between the cook and the phone. Then, to keep him from running away, he put up two more walls, to enclose the cook in a triangle of hardened air. The last touch was a 'lid' of hardened air that would hopefully muffle the sound of his inevitable yells for help.

He tied off the weaves, finished with his bomb, and headed off for his next stop, leaving the cook to do one of the world's most realistic mime impressions.

Archived