Blizzard Warning

Dawn OOC

This is fairly unlikely, but the warning is out there so I feel that I should make a note of it here. My area is under a blizzard warning, starting in the morning. Travel is not recommended tomorrow, and the power could go out. I live in a great area, which is in my favor, but if this gets too bad, then a lot of people may be without power.

If I'm not around tomorrow, odds are very high that I can't get on. If we are cut off and I can get an ETA for the return of power, I'll try to get word to someone I have a phone number for to keep you all updated.

Mind you, this is just me planning for worst-case, so hopefully, this won't be necessary. I just don't want you guys to be expecting me if I can't make it.

Dawn

For sure, and TBH, it was highly overrated for our area. Not near the amount of snow they forecasted originally, (only got about 50% of expected totals).

The worst part continues to be the windchills, which are expected at around -25 to -30 today. Drifting was quite an issue last night, but with the calmer winds today and the nice bright sun (and the veritable army of plow trucks Nebraska has) all is back to relative winter normal.

• 2 months later...

I want a place with temps in the 70s-80s in the summer... I'm tired month long 100+ weather in Dallas.

Add to the list a state that does not have a state income tax, no restrictive gun laws, one where the legal system tends to side with the victim of crimes rather than the criminal, oh, and last but not least I'd like to live somewhere there are hills, trees and nice scenery.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
I want a place with temps in the 70s-80s in the summer... I'm tired month long 100+ weather in Dallas.

Add to the list a state that does not have a state income tax, no restrictive gun laws, one where the legal system tends to side with the victim of crimes rather than the criminal, oh, and last but not least I'd like to live somewhere there are hills, trees and nice scenery.

We've discussed this before, but Washington would give you most of that. wink

Tennessee has hills (and some small mountains), trees, beautiful views, summer temps in the 70's-90's (depending on which day of the week it is), and no state income tax (of course there's like a 9-10% sales tax, but you can learn to forget about that if you don't shop outside the state very often).

Quote:

We've discussed this before, but Washington would give you most of that.

Yep, Washington state is at the top of my list with average summer temps in the upper 70s... that's soo tempting!

Dawn,
Nice... very nice.

SG,
Hadn't considered TN. I'm kinda more of a fan of the western states however, because of the smaller population density, but I'll take at look at TN.

Archived