WoT game: First Age

Mr Fox

Grundle: Loved your first post. Can I ask for a minor edit? Farting in front of Amber wouldn't cause her to rant; she's a bit rougher than that (one of the boys, if you will). Maybe if he poked a breast out of curisity? laugh That'd get a rise out of her.

---------------------------------

Just as an aside, here's her background for you guys, until we get a forum. smile

Amber grew up in the Appalachians in rural Massachusetts, part of a large clan of ‘hillfolk’. She learned outdoorsmanship from an early age, hiking, hunting and camping with her family. They lived off the grid, making their own food and buying only a few things that they couldn’t make themselves. There was a downside to this life; none of the modern conveniences, the condemnation of the ‘townies’ and the incestually close relationships of her family. But most of her childhood was happy.

Amber displayed her musical talent early. When her family had a bonfire, she was roped into playing the handdrum and sometimes singing. Though she complained, she enjoyed it; making the music was something she enjoyed greatly.

But as she entered her rebellious teens, this simple life wasn’t enough. Amber longed to see the ‘city life’ and do more than camp and hunt. She wanted to eat cheeseburgers and wear clothing she hadn’t made. She wanted to see the big city life. So she spent a summer working on a beat up junk truck, trying to get it working. By August 1, she was on the road, driving west. She didn’t stop until she reached LA, where she was faced with survival of a different kind.

Amber ran into another kid named James Harrison; he insisted on being called Byron. Despite this pretension, they became friends. Through Byron, she found a small circle of friends, a place to crash and in time, a band. Amber and her friends formed Awkward Aliens, a hard rock band about three years ago. They’ve managed to get some fame in the Southern California area, but they haven’t made money at it yet.

Then Amber was kidnapped, and life got really weird...

Hmm...but if you play a wolf-girl you must have a sensitive nose...maybe the offensive scent is what put you off more than the sound per se?

I can still edit it up, though, if that is not a big deal to your character.

On a side note, my character's lost background resonates with Amber's. I suspect he will be subconsciously drawn to her because of that.

My characters lost background as put so eloquently by Grundle is that of an ex-yakuza who's family was murdered, in his search for revenge he did some horrible things. When he finally found the person who fired the shot killing his wife and son he dragged him into an open fire and held him there (hence the burns). Not wishing to stain his wifes memory with the blood from his revenge he took this voluntarily in the hopes of the memory wipe.

Not that he remembers any of this though...

Here is the one I wrote up

Before his memory wipe, he was a Forest Ranger and Wilderness Guide. Loving nothing more than to be alone in the wilderness, re-discovering the lost knowledge that nature had to offer was his passion. He loved herbology, but also took an avid interest in tracking. Not so that he could hunt, though it was useful if necessary, but rather he considered the skill itself as important enough to preserve. He studied and practiced many Native American methods for creating primitive tools and habitations as well as emergency wilderness medicine, trapping, skinning and tanning hides, and the list goes on.

More often than not, an extended stay in the wilderness was always preceded by an intense period of study where he spent weeks in the library building his knowledge and finding new techniques that he had not tried yet. Once he had found enough new things to try, as well as annotation and modifying other methods he had tried and either liked, didn't like, or thought needed some changes he would create an itinerary for his next "adventure". For him they were certainly "adventures" because no matter how detailed his itinerary was, he could be certain that Mother Nature would change things as soon as he stepped into her domain.

He followed this path for 15 years until finally one day he was too weak to go back into the solitude of the wilderness he loved so much. Confused, he finally went to a Doctor where he was told he had a malignant form of metastisizing lung cancer...

Quote:
Curtis Shane came from a middle-class family that happened to live in the worse areas of Boston, since his of his adoptive gay parents, Jesse and Jeff Shane, both worked in different capacities, as social worker and community center manager respectively, to aid the poor and gang members of Dorchester and other areas of the embattled city.

Curtis was studious and intelligent, but stubborn and headstrong at times, a trait of having grown up in rougher streets than he preferred to frequent. Unfortunately, the gangs that marked his family, marked Curtis in a more deadly fashion as well. Just a few weeks ago, he was caught up as an unfortunate bystander in a gang shootout, and witnessed as critically shot in the fight.

Of course, courtesy of some observant and fast agents for Caduceus, no one ever found his body. Nevertheless, after some time, Curtis Shane was ruled dead.

So let's not go to Boston, people. laugh

Originally Posted By: Grundle
Hmm...but if you play a wolf-girl you must have a sensitive nose...maybe the offensive scent is what put you off more than the sound per se?

I can still edit it up, though, if that is not a big deal to your character.

No, in part because the smell isn't necessarily offensive to her. She grew up in the back woods, lived with a lot of brothers and sisters in a small shack - BO is part of life. :P

Originally Posted By: Grundle
On a side note, my character's lost background resonates with Amber's. I suspect he will be subconsciously drawn to her because of that.

Awesome. It'll be fun to see that play out. smile

Josh Harrington, parents died while he was young, bounced around between foster homes, learned that he loved video games. Went to college to be a game designer/computer programmer, became a semi-pro gamer, found out he had a brain tumor, and the rest is history.

Holy... Ok, I only blame myself for this, but I never looked in the spoiler box that Grundle put up in Moses's first post. I don't know why, usually I'm really good about doing that. So I didn't know that Jay Tavare was the model for Moses until now. So today I was reviewing the thread and took a look...

Dear god, Amber's going to have to start being a lot nicer to him. That man... *fans self*

That is all.

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
Holy... Ok, I only blame myself for this, but I never looked in the spoiler box that Grundle put up in Moses's first post. I don't know why, usually I'm really good about doing that. So I didn't know that Jay Tavare was the model for Moses until now. So today I was reviewing the thread and took a look...

Dear god, Amber's going to have to start being a lot nicer to him. That man... *fans self*

That is all.

I lol'd pretty hard reading this. Yea Jay Tavare is a badass...and coincidentally he was the only hispanic/indian looking guy I could find with really long hair o.O I thought there were more of these dudes around, but apparently Jay plays all the roles requiring this "look".

I tried to at least be modest -- on his website he has some pics where he is absolutely shredded. The dude has abs on his abs.

Don't worry Amber is going to scare the shit out of Moses until he notices her facility in the wild. Then he just might start warming up to her unless a wolf mauls him first

With regards to Sara.. this is what is what she knowns.

Having no memory, like the others, she doesn't have a clue about who she is, but she feels like the name Sara belongs to her, in some way, so she's taken it as her own. She has a strong affinity for healing, and for the elements of spirit, air and water, which makes her very capable as Channeler's go. Indeed, while some might be stronger, her strength in the One Power is very high, and she's able to tell what's wrong with someone with little more then a bit a touch of the power. She thinks that she might have been a doctor or a nurse, or a healer of some sort before, but she has no real idea.

She likes and understands people very well, possessing a suprising insight into the way people relate to one another, for someone with no memory. She also loves dance and music, and has discovered some skill with either, this talent suggests she might have some knowledge of psychology, but as with the other, she doesn't know. She's strong willed, but kind, compassionate and caring, which is what got her into helping get others out of this situation.

With regards to things possible with the various different elements, weaving threads, and some the various talents, I though folks might find this useful.

http://13depository.blogspot.com/2002/02/weaves-and-talents.html#fivepowers

There are also other things useful on that websight.

http://13depository.blogspot.com/2009/02/topical-index-all-things-of-one-power.html

There's the index to things on that web sight regarding the one power, and an number of other things folks might find useful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Assuming he already planted the bombs. Need to take out the guard on the patient's door and lead him out of the building.

Some patient threw up, but you don't need to worry about that. The building will be getting evacuated long before that doctor could find you and be a pain in your ass.

That is pretty much free, however, you'd need to have initiative and being prepared to use it doesn't hurt either. In the books the characters would often have several nasty weaves ready to lash out at someone with if they knew they were in a dangerous situation. Of course, that would also give you away if other channelers are around because at this point no one knows how to invert weaves.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived