A Crazy RP (diceless) Crossover Game of Craziness

Jaime Lowery

Blame Mike for planting this in my head with: Inspiration of Madness

Anyway... I came to the idea of....

RPG-POST: The Final Tournament Crisis of Infinite Worlds!

Or something to that effect.

Basically, we bring back many of the ye old and current characters, and wind them in some major multiversal tournament for various reasons. It is all pure Role-Playing, no dice involved, even in the tournament duels. (Duels are resolved by player agreement and/or voting) And... not every character has to be entered into the tournament. They could be here to cheer folks on, plot and scheme, or investigate lotsa twists and GM-created shenanigans going on. People can have multiple characters per person. laugh

That is the concept. Is it interesting, or should I be thrown into a pool?

- Jeremy

I'm not going to say this a bad idea, because it's not. The issues I see with it is that there would need to be a final victor. Nobody likes to lose. And by and large the characters that entered this would be easily wiped out by other characters to the point where making a cinematic fight scene for it would be an utter waste of time.

A battle royale would be cool, I just don't think this is the proper medium for it.

I did something like this in a one-shot GURPS game where you could play anything from any GURPS book.

We ended up at a stalemate between the man immune to everything but cheese, and myself who was playing some ridiculous perma-crinos werewolf named Thaco.

It was very funny, and most of us didn't take it serious at all, but the people who died early on were quite miffed. I can't imagine this idea going over very well for most characters on this board.

Archived