Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 10: Heritage

Justin OOC

The Satoshi Fleet, the seven ships remaining and the Captured Dominion, all began final approach.

Clan began her assault, her strike force meeting a large Hiroga force in the upper atmosphere, but motivated by her promise, She smiled. Her Quadono powerarmor amplified her might, her speed, everything in addition to boasting an armory unrivaled by some capital ships.

Beside her, the massive Gaogaigar drew the fire of dozens of Hiroga, only to shrug it off, and swat them from the skies. Hiroga cruisers were its primary targets, and they fell easily to massive clawed fists, the evil Visage of the Horned Ancient the last thing many crews ever saw.

On the other side of the World, Shin Getter launched, and within moments had claimed its first kill, a capital ship. Blades flashed and mecha died, Wagner was an Amazing Captain, and his CRT was a powerful one, but Ryoma would not be denied. He fought for more than honor, more than Victory.

The Captial Ships of Satoshi blazed as missiles, lasers, and CWIS all struck down Dalaraan Truebloods, Hiroga, and in the Case of the Macross and the Quarter, Royal Dalaraan starships. Admiral Gloval, Captains Wilder, Ramius, and Hoshino all maintained a stoic calm, giving orders as their starships rocked with heavy hits, but continued forwards.

Each could feel the others, their resolve, Their strength, and drew from each other. They would succeed, even as Two CRT's came out to Meet The Archangel and the Dominion. Deploying all available mecha, the two ships pushed on, nothing would deny them.

Each of them had a role to play.

The Eternal finally emerged from hiding, its guns tearing open the Dominion. Warning went over the comm, and Kai and the others felt their dropship detach, the lone squad of Seven Spartans there with them.

The Eternal moved in, not willing to let the dropship escape, and Like a great Mother bear protecting her cub the wounded Dominion came about and interposed itself. Hundreds of mecha bore down on it and its sister ship the Archangel. Dozens of lasers skewered the massive ship, fatally wounding her as lifepods were launched, and atmosphere exploded from gaping rents in her hull.

The Eternal's massive positron cannons swung into line, and the crippled starship fought back still, it's firepower a tenth of normal.

Across the Comm, Ruri's voice was heard. "Goodbye, everyone." Then the torrent of power cored through the starships reactors, destroying everything around it.

At the same time Captain Ramius roared. "FIRE!"

The Archangel had slipped into the Eternal's rear, and it's positron Canno mirrored the injury its sister ship had suffered, Destroying another proud starship of Satoshi. Thrown into disarray, the groundbased CRT's left the lone starship, mangled as it was adrift in space. The mecha still present would cause too much trouble without an officer to clear them out, so the retreat was ordered.

As The dropship touched down ten kilometers north of the Imperial city in an area shielded from all signals, Kai held up his hand and began to glow. The same markings that Made him A skeleton Key blazed along with the mantra that marked him a Master.

Across the battlefield, Klan, Gai, Ryoma, Murrue, even Kuzuha, their hands shone brightly with the seal of their master, The young man who radiated faith in them all. Across from him, Valerie could feel how much he'd worked to aid them all, what toll it took on him. His Reserves of mana were less than half.

"Go now, all of you. I'll be along soon, Kelly can watch over me, until I can join you."

He smiled to Valerie. "Bring our friends home safely, all of them."

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"So we hope. This is war out here." Francis warned strongly, "And I don't know how much experience you two have in anything resembling covert ops." He added to the two women beside him. They were a conspicuous group, the winged Asrai, the young human girl bonded with the Witchblade, the suited secret agent. They would have to sneak their way through this place.

"Let's see what the infrared sensors tell us..." Francis murmured as he began to slid down the glasses and set them to Infrared mode. Immediately the long distance details of massive heat signatures were tabulated and broken down by areas, allowing Francis a frank picture of a route to the palace that would bring them through the least populated areas of the city.

Click to reveal..

Supersenses: Infrared. Up to 100 KM.

"I don't know about experience, Francis.. I'm more of a charge in and take things by storm, kind of girl myself, but I do know something of moving quietly." Even as she spoke, she moved with a near perfect grace that certainly seemed to support her words. "But if we need to move fast at any point, grab on and be prepared to fly."

"I see...." Francis replied, but to the girls, he seemed very distracted by whatever it was that he was looking at. Finally, after a very long moment, he slid the glasses onto his forehead and turned to face the others, his expression that of someone trying to make sense of something deeply wrong.

"Ok, the mission just got complicated and more than a little weird. Due to the lack of heat signatures, it would see for the most part the city is completely depopulated. The buildings block me from sensing what's inside of them, but if there was a curfew going on, there would be soldiers in the streets to provide heat signatures. But as far as the mission is concerned, there's massive concentrations of heat sources in two areas. Around the spaceport... and around the palace. Meaning, there's going to be a major enemy force protecting the palace. We can get into the city without trouble, but a direct assault on the palace isn't going to work."

Francis visibly tapped a button, and the threesome teleported in to just within the city limits. "So, from here, we'll move by foot. Let's see what's protecting the place, and how we get past the defenses."

"Even droids have heat signatures, if there are absolutely no heat signatures either they are turned off and are waiting on a sensor to turn on, or they literally are going to do a scorched earth strategy." Valerie looked at the city, she lacked the sight amplifications that Francis had, but she at least had good enough eyesight to detect movement within the streets.

"Our best bet would be to move in between the buildings, but where to?" Valerie sighed "Spaceport is not the best area to keep high rank prisoners, which could explain why they have so many defenses on it, but I don`t do subtlety a lot as you might have learned Francis, so it`s your lead right now, Palace or Starport?"

"Both the palace and the spaceport are important for the defense of the city, so both would be guarded heavily." Francis pointed out from experience.

"But I don't think prisoners would be kept at a spaceport unless they were about to be moved to another location. Which can't happen now, I'm sure. Besides, I can't claim to know Takashi like you do, but he's clearly an arrogant crazy bastard right? He seems like the kind to set himself up in the palace to proclaim his power, and he'll want to keep Lily and Skye relatively close to crow to them or something. Not the best thing, but it tells us where to go. We'll use the buildings as cover and head for the palace. But we'll keep some distance until we know how to bypass the defenses."

That last bit was a vital warning. They couldn't break through an entire army, unfortunately.

"Free-form it as necessary." Francis clarified, tapping his sensor glasses as he did so. "And this baby will be using all of its functions as necessary to detect traps, though we all should be employing honest to god vigilance as we go. So if you don't have any more current questions, let's do this girls."

The perimeter was alot of sensors, easy enough to detect and disable. The buildings gave them cover and perhaps most suprising was the Armor of the small CRT-13 squad. deactivating their shields, they instead activated full active cammoflage, literally melting away, their mission to serve as hidden back up and response forces.

It wasn't until they got near the palace that they saw the first robot guards. There were a dozen of the vicious dog-looking things. Perhaps most improbably there were a trio of actual mechs behind them. A Crusader, a Shadow Hawk, and a Battlemaster. Mechs Valerie remembered well, They were the mechs Saito had saved everyone from, at the cost of his life.

The team had to be in position, just in case they decided to take down the patrol.

Something went wrong. Somehow the attention of the dogs, and the pack of twelve began moving towards Francis, Valerie and Sakura. The Shadowhawk was coming up behind them, and the pair of heaver mecha plodding along closing the gap.

They had seconds to decide what to do.

(Roll Init)

Sakura with her training and speed was such that she was prepared for this sort of thing incredibly quickly, and reacted to this surprise very quickly.

Click to reveal..

(13:19:18) ChatBot: (Sakura) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,2.

5 + 16 = 21

As the elite soldiers and the mecha each reacted to each other's presence, the air above them roiled and contorted into a roiling torus, a wormhole who's inside space curved away impossibly in a striated, tornado-like funnel to nowhere. From the heart of this maelstrom sped a single humanoid figure with both fists held before her and wreathed in bright blue light. The wormhole rippled as she slammed out of its event horizon, then collapsed, leaving her alone in the air near Sakura and Francis.

The Crown Princess of the Dalaraan Empire was joining the fight from parts unknown, it seemed.

Init: 21

(17:43:16) (SalmonMax): Lily's init bonus: +11

(17:43:20) ChatBot: (SalmonMax) rolls 2d6 and gets 4,6.

"So you call this free forming it Franics?" Valerie was about to make another sarcastic remark when the skies parted over him and Lily limply fell from it. "Lily!" Valerie dashed to the falling princess, Kai's last orders still on her mind. "Francis, Sakura, we gotta high tail it out of here before we move on."

Click to reveal..

(01:36:16) ChatBot: (Valerie) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,4.

(01:36:19) (Valerie): +17 for Init

(01:36:32) (Valerie): 24 Init

Valerie jumped towards Lily, catching her in mid air and going into high alert as she jumped back with her newly acquiered prize. "Wake up Princess, hauling you through an alien planet is not my idea of fun."

Click to reveal..

Obvious move towards Lily's position, pick her from the air and move back away from the Mechs. I will cry as soon as we get nuked anyway >_>

Lily gave Valerie an odd look as, first, the girl had radically changed appearance and, second, appeared to think she was falling and asleep when she was quite clearly hovering and wide awake.

"Uh...nice to see you too, Valerie," she said, slightly surprised at herself to realize it was true. Whatever weird rivalry might, or might not, exist between them, they were still comrades in arms.

She trailed her eyes over the other two present as well. "Nice to see you all. It means a lot to me that you came. Skye's inside the palace. I also want to search for any survivors to Takeshi's pogrom...but we'll save the ones we know of first, like Skye."

As the Princess turned in midair to face the mechas, blades of blue fire coalesced in her hands.

"Once we've saved all that can be saved...then it's time to hunt down the ones responsible for all this, and end it once and for all."

"Princess, I want save you really, but we are on enemy soil surrounded by soldiers, fighting right now this Mechs that won't go down easy and won't go down quitly is asking to be delayed and found out as much as possible. It's on our best interest to get the hell out of it so ´wake up´to the situation and put a move on it teleporter girl." Valerie was a bit exhasperated that the princess had this hard a time realizing the severity of the situation and it came through a bit on her tone. "We can hug, kiss and paint our toe nails when we are not on the line of fire."

Sakura looked at Lily a moment, then to Valeria, then at the charging Mecha. "It is good to see you are alright, we can talk later, now is the time for action, this will make our presence known, if ." With that, she rose from the earth they were standing on, and the wind from her passage, as she moved past them at almost 500 kmph, which was only half her possible speed, drawing her sword and calling upon it's power. "'Crimson Flower, Blossom'" As the power of the sword unfolded around her, she felt it's power surging though her, and awakening yet greater power from within her.

Then, as she moved forward, she spoke words of power, calling on her connection to the Eternal Light.

"Light beyond the reaches of Eternity, Golden Fire at the End of Night, Dragon of Heaven's Light.. Fury of Heaven's Fire! Heavenly Dragon Strike!!' " She intoned the words of her spell, unleashing the force of one of her most powerful spells upon the charging mecha. Glorious light, that seemed somewhat akin to the divine energy, but also subtly different filled the air and a terrible blast exploded from the area she targeted.

Rising up in the air as fast as possible, which for her, was almost the speed of sound, she then began to descend upon the lead mecha, begining a series of dive attacks, each of them enhanced with the force of her passion, a measure of the depth of her belief.

Click to reveal..

Spell Attack

(17:30:23) ChatBot: (Sakura) rolls 2d6 and gets 1,4.

5 + 18 = 23 Spell attack - Area effect, 100 meters, targeting the spell so non of her allies are in it.

Damage: 800

(17:43:03) ChatBot: (Sakura) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,5.

Dive Attack enhanced by passion on Shadowhawk 8 + 20 = 28

Damage: 534

(17:43:09) ChatBot: (Sakura) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,5.

Dive Attack enhanced by passion, on Shadowhawk 8 + 20 = 28

Damage: 534

Energy: 620 - 145

Energy: 475 Remains

Health: 500 presently at Maximum

Nothing was prepared for the young Angel, not even her allies, who'd never seen her fight.

The Dragon Strike spell cleared the little ones, in a go, and destroyed the Shadowhawk's left arm. The Crusader's right arm and missile box vanished as well, as did the Entire left arm and armor on the Battlemaster. Her attacks against the Shadow Hawk took off the other arm, then as if it were an afterthought, the head. The fifty five ton mech fell backwards, dead as the two big mechs tried to bring weapons to bear. The sky around the young angel lit up with lasers and missile fire, but nothing hit, and the Particle Cannon from the Battlemaster struck the building near Lily and Valerie.

The big mechs were hurt, but not dead, and NO ONE had missed the Dragon Strike.

Francis groaned, but flexibility and improvisation was a key to a successful infiltration. "Alright folks. Change of plans, finish off the patrol, then we'll port out and let the patrols come to a battle already finished." So said, he leveled his laser pistol and with keen aim flipped a switch and pulled the trigger.

The pistol's Overcharge Mode came on, and with only a moment's glow from the tip of the barrel to warn the targets, a stream of energy blasts launched out into an expanding cone at the Battlemaster and Crusader.

Click to reveal..

4 Overcharge Mode Attacks: Base Damage 416

-Two Torso-shot at the Battlemaster

(21:13:51) ChatBot: (Francis) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,1.

(21:13:55) ChatBot: (Francis) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,2.

Attacks: 21,21 (Spreading subtracts 3 from defenses)

-Two Torso-shot at the Crusader

(21:13:59) ChatBot: (Francis) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,2.

(21:14:04) ChatBot: (Francis) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,4.

Attacks: 22,26 (Spreading subtracts 3 from defenses)

HP: 400

EP: 220

• 2 weeks later...

Valerie saw the Crusade jump over a building, figuring any attempt at stealth on this area was done for, she decided to take the most direct approach, and shot like a bullet through the building the Crusader had just skipped over, the preternatural speed and strength the Witchblade granted her as she barrels from the other side of the building hoping to flank the Crusader.

Click to reveal..

Just waiting on Long to see if it's there >_>

For a moment Valerie and the colossal machine faced each other, like some bizarre parody of a gunslinger's showdown. Suddenly blue lines of light sluiced through the still spreading cloud of smoke and dust left by the collapsing building. Where the rays touched anything solid, they flowered into expanding domes of annihilating energy that engulfed the hapless mecha, obscuring it momentarily from sight!

(3 attacks, for 19, 18 and 19. Each does 106 damage with like...3 penetrating, so -12 armor)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2859841/

The shots cored in one right after another, and one of them found the Crusader's missile magazine, the resulting explosion, both of high explosive warheads, and a fusion reactor was almost deafening and blinding but subsided. One thing was sure, it wouldn't be long before more arrived.

The explosion washed over them, but Francis was unfazed despite the practical loss of stealth. He'd already planned out a trick to make up, and fast. After quickly communicating to the CRT squad that they were fine and to proceed to an overwatch position a fair distance from the palace, a tap of a few controls teleported the three women and the male agent close to the palace, but well hidden behind another building.

"Ok," he said as the group collected itself. "Things didn't go according to plan. Fortunately, improvisation is half of this business. I've set us up close to the palace, but we should be hidden at the moment. My new plan, let's not waste time. Sakura and Valerie can move at clearly superhuman speeds, so I suggest after a quick moment, each of you two pick either Lily or me to carry, and you two go full-out for the palace, and pass by the defenses. I want us to be inside and those outside will only feel the wind. Think that'll work?"

"No," Lily answered as she glared at the wall of the palace. Then she started ticking off fingers.

"One, I know the palace like I know myself. I can teleport anywhere inside it."

"Two, they are probably prepared to stop super speed movement, since they've seen we have it."

"Three...Hizashi and maybe Takashi have probably both noticed our presences by now. In an empty city, our spiritual energies will be impossible to miss."

"Fine," Francis allowed, "If you think you can teleport us in there, then I suggest you do it. Speed's all the more important now. This is a snatch and run with nearly zero time for fighting, you get us inside, we find Skye, and I'll take us out. If there's one good thing about not having fancy power like you girls, I won't leave a beacon when I do anything."

Lily shook her head. "Bringing other people is too hard, it tires me out," she demurred. "I can't do that before a big fight. I'll need all the energy I can get."

"We can try your idea...then if they stop you we'll just fight our way in. Once we're in the Throne Room, we'll be able to coordinate a search and use it as a meeting point in case we get split up."

All agreed, They made their way into the palace, encountering only a few dozen of the scout class mecha dogs, dispatching them easily. They arrived at the throneroom doors to find Skye, Kai and someone they didn't recognize there.

Behind them the door closed, and the entire room began to hum. From two side doors behind the thrones, The others emerged. Takashi and Hizashi each led in a group. Hizashi lead his Lieutenant, Ayato, and half dozen Hiroga, each holding an unconscious member of the CRT-13 squad that had come with them.

Takashi led in Naien and Amaya. Naien looked at Lily and Skye with hate, and Amaya's eyes rested firmly on Kai.

Hizashi spoke. "You'll find no one can leave this space, unless I permit it. You have held your end of the bargain, Kai, and though unconscious, I have done the same of mine."

Kai nodded."

"We will settle this, once and for all, here and now, Which Satoshi is true, and which is false. This shall be our battleground." Their surroundings fell away, leaving them in an empty white space. above them screens showed the battles in space, and where the other CRTs were fighting each other.

"No limits, no rules. If you beat us the captives live and go free. If we win, well you won't be around to worry about it." Takashi smiled, his terms were the way he liked to fight.

He looked to Skye. "Choose now, them or us, and no that it will be an irrevocable choice."

Kai looked to Them. "I accept those terms." He looked to Lily squeezed her hand. "Luck and skill, come back to me safely."

To Valerie he smiled. "Don't Die. I forbid it." They were nearly the same words she'd told him when he returned from the grave, right before she kissed him. Then he walked over to Amaya, and nodded. "Let's settle our buisness."

She nodded once. "Now and Forever, Skeleton Key." The two began to walk off, away from the others.

Naien summoned Kyoraku, and merged with him, and looked to Lily. "Time to show you the true power of my people." She began walking away, intent for Lily to follow.

Ayato looked to Franci, Gosha, and Skye. "You will fight me, one way or another., and began walking in another direction.

Takashi smiled and looked to Valerie. "I killed your predecessor, and she was much more experienced. Do you really think yourself a match for me? Not that I'm giving you a choice."

Hizashi looked to Sakura. "Come, Child of Angels. I felt your power earlier. I ask that you show it to me now, unrestricted."

Everything said, their foes each stood alone, waiting for them to decide. They'd called their targets, now, Lily and the others could go along with it, or risk all out against everyone. Kai had already chosen, and had moved quite some ways in mere moments.

(OOC decide what you're going to do, and add an initiative roll. Let the fun begin.)

Francis paused at what he was seeing, then slowly drew his laser pistol. "Wasn't what I was expecting... but losing isn't an option." Quietly, he glanced over to Skye and to the unnamed man. "Can't say I've seen you before sir, but it looks like you're with us. Good luck, we'll need it. If you need to shout a warning, the name is Francis." Checking over everything to make sure he was set, he tapped a control and teleported over to behind Ayato.

"It sucks that your captain locked off you from the sims. Woulda made things easier."

Click to reveal..
Initiative roll

2d6+12=16

She looked at Hizashi a moment, gave a slight smile, and nodded to the others. "May the Light be with you all." With that, she drew her sword, and faced off against her chosen opponent.

"I'd wish you luck, but luck will not help either of us now, only skill matters at this point." With that she faced off against her opponent, and charged.

Click to reveal..

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2868799/

Double sixes... maximum initiative possible for her, I guess luck does matter, but I suppose it's still possible that he could beat her initiative.

"Oh, verdammt noch mal," Skye muttered, scowling at Ayato. "Sind wir wirklich spielen dieses Spiel Bullshit? Ich habe gesehen, zwei Minuten Mikrowelle Abendessen mit mehr Reife."

She glanced at Francis and Gosha, annoyed she'd been stuck with two people she didn't know. She also had no idea what their fighting style was like. "Well, then, let's do this. Are you boys ranged and up close and dirty fighters?"

Click to reveal.. (dice rolls)
Click to reveal.. (translations)
Oh, verdammt noch mal - Oh, for fuck's sake

Sind wir wirklich spielen dieses Spiel Bullshit? - Are we really playing this bullshit game?

Ich habe gesehen, zwei Minuten Mikrowelle Abendessen mit mehr Reife. - I've seen two-minutes microwave dinners with more maturity.

Gosha is completely confused by what happens, but comes to his sense as both Francis and Skye speak to him. He directs his first response at the strange looking man who teleports to the combatant. He blinks.

"I am called Gosha, Knight of the Wilted Rose."

In respose to Skye he stands up and starts walking after the other two. As he does a silver liquid extends from his back and covers his entire body, then suddenly solidifies into fullplate armour, his right side regal and shining in silver with a white feather wing on the helmet, his left side black and covered in spikes, the left of the helmet looking like half the face of a daemon and would make those weak of stomach throw up. All this happens in a matter of moment.

He then flicks his arm so the gem hangs before him for a moment so he can grab it with his hand. Taking a lot longer than his armour did the gem transforms into a katana slightly longer than a regular one, and seems to be flowing water inside the crystalline exterior. He swishes it in the air a few times running through some of his sword forms.

"Does this answer the question Lady Skye?"

Gosha looks out at all the white and the strange floating images of things happening far away and speaks rather loudly.

"This is a bit bland isnt it, singeling warriors out for duels and then just going to fight in this weird white space. It'd be so much more fitting if each duel were to take place somewhere special, not really there mind you, but a replica would be fine. I havent been able to fight on a tropical island yet, and I always wanted to. The guys I chase keep heading for the snow or the desert. They never chose somewhere pleasant. Havent they ever considered the asthetics of where the fights taking place. An epic fight needs an equally epic location."

Feeling like things were rushing faster than she could catch up with, Lily briefly squeezed Kai's hand. "I'm not done with you yet, Kai. Come back to me or I'll find you on the other side and haul you back myself."

Even so, something Hizashi said burned like fire in her blood. Find out which Satoshi was true? THAT was what this was all about? For THAT question, the population of TWO worlds had been scourged and a galactic empire all but toppled?

She stalked after Naien, her force field leaking blue incandescence that trailed after her. There at least was an insult she was in a position to address.

(Init: 16 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2875570/ )

Valerie, left to fighting Takashi alone, knew she was also best suited for it, as she had resources others did not. With the stage set Each battle began.

Hizashi looked to Sakura, who was moving with nearly unnatural speed. "Courage and skill, Sakura." His sword was ready, and he smiled. It was among the scariest things they'd ever seen.

(Sakura you are up first, please post any actions taken and your defenses.)

Click to reveal..
Posting Order Sakura, Gosha, Francis, Skye, Lily, Valerie. NPC's will post in response to PC posts, please include your damage dealt for attacks, and both attack and defensive rolls.

Archived