Aberrant RPG - Tentacle Monster?

iamthedave

Pretty straightforward there; I was wondering how would you go about making an aberrant that has more or less dissolved into a mass of tentacles - or one who could voluntarily become such?

I was thinking Telekinesis with some limitations might be appropriate, probably multitasking, extra limbs for those lovely reduced action penalties, tendrils body mod obviously, density decrease, maybe even stuff like immobilize.

It's an odd kind of thing to try and do since the system leans itself more towards the energy field/blast sort of character design. My campaign's gone more... bodily, and thrown up a few interesting conundrums in the process.

That would be brawl. Don't think I'm letting anyone get away with using martial arts as a tentacle monster. Maybe Geryon could get away with it...

Invulnerability: Physical covers just about anything really. Might well go for that. It's definitely going to cover most of what a baseline would ever throw at them. Do explosions count as physical or energy? Just wondering because fire is counted as energy.

I think some low level sort of shapeshift is a requisite as well. Or maybe bodymorph: tentacles with density decrease and flexibility?

What we have here is a theme.

For the basic package: Flexibility, Extra-limbs, and Sheer hideousness do most of the job.

You might want to raise the issue of whether or not they're blind. If yes then they're blind, if not then 360-degree vision (if that's what it's called) or blindfighting should probably be there.

After that... everything which has been mentioned works. So would "tendril". smile

It doesn't, actually.

The tendril listed under body modification is basically just a hitty stick. It gives +str on attacks but not much else and says nothing about fine detail work.

I wonder, though, about whether Omnidexterity is what we're looking for, or the Fine Manipulation enhancement?

Archived