Dave's Epic Scion Game of Epic Epicness

Vivi OOC

I've been asked about when you should start submitting character sheets...

The answer is simple: When you've been selected for the game. The very first post states that the game will only be open to 5 players. From the 6 background submissions I've seen thus far, it's going to be a tough call. Now, that doesn't mean you can't write up a sheet, but if you don't get selected I don't wanna hear about any wasted time or other such nonsense. :P

I'll give people to Friday to submit a background and I'll have my choices for players for you by Saturday. There is one issue I'd like to clear up and that's the issue of The Morrigan, since there were two submissions. As it stands I'd select Carver's Morrigan over Asa's in term of blending in with the feel of the game. Sorry Asa, but for the most part if you'd like to submit something else, you can and your time won't be wasted waiting for Saturday to roll around before you get an answer.

A few things to consider:

Why can't I have Relics or awesome magical stuff?

Because you're mortal. You weren't just kicked from the sky and the locks on Heaven's Gates changed on ya, you were stripped of all your divine might and cast from the Godrealms disgraced and exiled for all eternity. The point of being banished to the World is that it's like a prison from which there is no escape and you are all serving an eternity.

Imagine the looks on their faces when you come home, pissed and looking to settle the score.

As of the start of the game, you have no Legend scores, simply an immortal body that shells your sealed away divine power. No Legend means no magic to fuel your relics. No Legend to fuel your awesome boons, and no means of ever getting back home.

As a concession to robbing you of your divine might, you'll thankfully be given most of your relics (whatever they might be) for free when the time is right or from fallen opponents.

What should a character background have?

Thus far they've been great. However, keep in mind that you've been cast from your lofty perch for nearly a millennia and forced to live, act, and think like a mortal. You're not perfect anymore. Each of the PCs should have some dramatic hurdle to cross. The Morrigan that Carver submitted is a fine example: she's given up. Completely and utterly given up on any and all hope that there will be anything more than an eternity of this Purgatory she calls The World. Fate's a fickle bitch too, and when the call of the Gods rings in her ears once more and the lust for battle fills her her burning breast... she's too out of shape to do a damn thing about it.

Thor is empty. Try as he might to make the best of it the black void in his heart is never filled. No longer do the horns of Valhalla call him to the great battlefield of Idavoll where he once sparred and battled with einherjar. The drink in the World is flat and lifeless the food bland and dry... and it's been nearly 1,000 years since he felt the warmth of his beloved Sif beside him. Thor, once proud and powerful is nothing now but a mortal who simply exists as the will to live left him long ago...

You get the idea. The point is, it's not been a picnic guys, it sucks ass and it's sucked ass now for the past 1,000 years.

Carver's over mine, you mean, not Asa, and really I have no problem with that, didn't realize we were both submitting Morrigan, generally, I find that I like her's better too. I'll give a different deity a try. Presently, I believe that the Egyptian, Voodoo, India and Japanese Pantheon's haven't been touched upon... also the Yazata: The Persian Gods, from the PDF file.. I'll give them a look also, maybe one of these will inspire me in the next few days.

In any case, I have a new question or two now, for the shape of the game, is legend going to be awarded at key points in the game then? Or is it XP going to be used, as per standard rules, so you don't start gaining legend until the initial point?

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
Originally Posted By: Courier
As of the start of the game, you have no Legend scores...

Whoa, that's even worse than I'd been thinking.

Worse? That's storytelling genius* there! grin

*yes, I am a freak. laugh

Dawn: You ain't a freak. You're just a very experienced GM, which is different, albeit only to a certain degree. But still, you aren't a freak. laugh

I meant "worse" as in "worse for the PCs". And I approve, it brings a sharp focus to everything. Hugh is so weak he can't even break out of prison. For the last thousand years he has had to live with the consequences, the mortal consequences, of his deeds and his personality.

For a different example, Vulcan-without-Legend hasn't had epic-Int (ouch).

EDIT: And serious re-write of H.

Your Legend will be restored over time. I'm no tone to force PCs to spend XP on every facet of their PC, hell in Scion it only takes 300XP to be a 'God' so expect a few freebies. Each of the Gods will receive a wake up call that once again gets their epmemerial spirits flowing again. Their ephemera mingled with, the undying mortal body thats had almost a thousand years to absorb the God's essence creates ichor, effectively making them Scions (which honestly no one could have planned).

So what the hell happened?

Since time immemorial the Gods, spawned from the Titans themselves, had looked after the World and guided mankind along a prosperous path and in return their prayers fueled the Legend the Gods so desperately needed to remain in power. In a never ending war with the Titans, the Gods fought hard to keep their spawn at bay and out of the world of mankind but at the dawn of the last millennium, during a time when Legends and magic were less myth and more real, the Gods and their Scions were fighting a losing battle. Giants and their kin laid waste to the World, the Gorgon Sisters terrorized Greece, Apophis the Destroyer seared the Egyptian sands into glass.

It seemed like all was lost until several decisive turned the war around and almost overnight the Titans offered a solution to the ongoing conflict. The Titans offered the World to the Gods as well as their respective Godrealms asking only that the Gods withdraw and leave the Titans be and quit the whole imprisoning nonsense. Like the Gods, the Titans only desired their freedom. Most the Gods called 'bullshit' on the treaty while other Gods, seeing the losing battles they'd been waging for centuries and seriously began considering the treaty as the only viable solution. Sometimes the easiest way to defeat your enemies is to let your enemies defeat themselves. The indecisive Gods eventually came to warring with each other to determine the Fate of both mankind and their continued existence.

The Gods in favor of the treaty won the day and those who had rebelled against the offer of peace and prosperity free of Titan rule were cast down from their Godreamls. Stripped of their divine powers in elaborate magical rituals The Exiled would remain trapped in The World for all eternity in an immortal body fashioned from the very last of their ephemerial godhood. Powerless avatars with no means of returning home.

And so ended the age of myth and legend. The titan spawn left The World and all the mythical creatures returned to their respective Godrealms, leaving mankind to accept that the Gods had abandoned them. It was around this time, at the dawn of a new era, that Aten, the Titan of Light, constructed a devious plan. Secretly his corrupted agents went to work in The World and founded a secret cult: The Cult of the Illuminated which would later come to be known as The Illuminati. The Illuminati then founded an elaborate religious following that venerated a God to fill the void of the now faithless and abandoned people of the World.

It caught on like wildfire and worked better than Aten ever could have predicted (and he's a pretty smart guy). Nearly the entire world now venerates the One God and all the Legend the people's prayers produce has spent nearly a thousand years going to Aten while the True Gods have wasted away and starved. Now, to weak and prideful to admit fault the Gods simply exist within their respective Godrealms oblivious to the Titan's devious plan (there's still no proof that Aten orchestrated any of this...) and continue their eternal existence.

A few among the Loyal know that something isn't right, but a thousand years of ignorance has caused several of the Gods to slip and follow their darker virtues. Fearful of what might happen, those Loyal have decided that they have no other choice but to call on those whom time has forgotten. Untouched by the diminished flow of Legend, forgotten and assumed dead by the Gods, the Loyal have gone in search of The World's last hope...

...The Exiled.

Step 1: Calling

It’s in the nature of the Gods to be drawn into lifestyles and careers that hint at the purviews that best defined the Gods they once were. The power of the ichor that flows through their veins urges them into those lifestyles, and their natural talents tend to keep them there.

When designing your fallen God, the first step is to come up with your character’s Calling, a brief statement of the character’s concept and what they’ve been doing for the past millennia or so since their banishment. Remember, a character’s Calling is typically influenced by their predilections prior to their banishment. Athena might be a “Shrewd Corporate Lawyer,” a “Brilliant Small-Unit Tactician,” a “Slick Defense Contractor” or even a “World-Renowned Chess Champion.” She’s less likely to be a “Crass Rodeo Clown.” As she lacks the natural inclination to pursue such a Calling, and it’s a waste of the talents at which she naturally excels.

Next, choose the Fallen God you wish to play and note the pantheon to which she belongs. This choice should be intrinsically tied to a character’s Calling. As noted in Chapter One of the Scion: Hero book, each deity has a group of six Abilities that they enjoy as Favored Abilities. These Abilities are intrinsically tied to your God and so have passed through to your avatar form. Additionally, each pantheon has a unique Purview that is accessible only to the Gods and Scions of that pantheon. (See Scion: Hero, pp. 149-153 for more information on these pantheon-specific Purviews and their Boons.)

Finally, you need to decide on your character’s Nature, which is a personality archetype that helps define your God. A God’s Nature provides a starting point for the player to portray that character’s interaction with others in the game. (See Scion: Hero, pp. 112-117 of the Traits chapter for detailed descriptions of all 22 Natures and their mechanical effects.) After a millennia of banishment your God’s Nature may have changed from what it originally may have been which allow you a bit more freedom in determining your God’s overall attitude towards the world he’s been trapped in for the last several centuries.

Step 2: Attributes

Now it’s time to jump into the actual mechanical aspects of character creation. Don’t panic, it’s all pretty straightforward.

The first aspects you need to nail down are your God’s nine Attributes. These traits define the God’s innate capabilities and natural aptitudes, from how strong he is to how smart and all points in between. The first thing you need to do is to prioritize your character’s three Attribute categories: Physical, Social and Mental. Decide at which category your God most excels (primary), at which he is somewhat better than average (secondary) and at which he is just at the norm (tertiary). Is he a strapping athlete, a charming dilettante or maybe a brilliant thinker? Keep in mind your Calling as you decide.

• Physical Attributes define your character’s physical potential—how much he can lift, how fast he can move and how tough he is. If you’re building a God who kicks ass and chews gum, but happens to be all out of gum, this should be the character’s primary category.

Some examples of ass kicking Gods would be (but not limited to): Set, Ares, Thor, Huitzilopochtli, Hachiman and Ogoun.

• Social Attributes define the character’s social aptitude— how charming, persuasive and attractive he is. If you’re building a Scion who’s a lover or a cunning manipulator, not a fighter, this category should be primary.

Some examples of charming and attractive gods are (but not limited to): Isis, Aphrodite, Freya, Tlazolteotl, Raiden, Tsuki-Yomi and Erzulie.

• Mental Attributes define a character’s intellectual capacity — how perceptive, smart and mentally agile he is. If you’re designing a clever trickster or a brilliant scholar, this should probably be that Scion’s primary category.

Some brilliant or tacticalliy minded gods are (but not limited to): Bastet, Athena, Tyr, Tezcatlipoca, Izanagi and Shango

Each Attribute tops out at five dots, and a character begins with one dot in each Attribute before adding any. A character receives eight dots to divide among his primary Attributes, six to divide among his secondary and four to divide among his tertiary. (For a better idea of what each dot in an Attribute means, see Scion: Hero, pp. 103-105 of the Traits chapter.)

If you lack the dots necessary to raise an Attribute to the level you believe your concept requires you can always spend bonus points to raise it later in the process. In addition, Attributes may be raised through experience points after play begins.

Step 3: Abilities

Abilities are traits a character learns through hard work and study, unlike the raw natural aptitudes of Attributes. Like Attributes, Abilities are rated from one to five dots. When performing actions in Scion, an Ability is usually added to an Attribute to determine the number of dice rolled. All Abilities begin at 0.

Each character receives 30 dots to be divided as the player wishes among the 24 different Abilities. Note that no Ability may be raised above three dots at character generation without the expenditure of bonus points.

As noted in Chapter One, each God possesses six particularly relevant Abilities in the form of Favored Abilities. These Favored Abilities are cheaper to purchase with both bonus points and experience points.

A special note about Abilities: As a banished God you’ve spent a millennia trapped in an ageless body, stripped of your divine power. You’ve forgotten more than most people will ever know but one thing you have learned to do, is survive. Within this cycle all the characters will at least need to have some rudimentary knowledge of how to defend themselves in combat. The cerebral, professor God who has taken a fancy to fencing this time around as a hobby or the super sexy runway model goddess who has decided to pick up martial arts as a means of fending off stalkers (her agent thought it was a fantastic idea!) are all viable options.

There will be puzzles, socializing and plenty of action to go around and I’d like it if all characters had the opportunity experience all facets of the cycle.

Specialties

A handful of Abilities are so broad that they require specialization to further define what portion of the broader Ability a character has mastered. The Art Ability, for instance, includes such varied pursuits as sculpture, painting, music and writing. Most artists are not equally skilled in all such pursuits—they focus instead on one or only a few. For such Abilities, which are noted in Chapter Three, the player must choose a particular specialty to which his rating applies. His dots apply only to the area covered by his specialty. If an artist character chooses painting as his specialty, his dots in Art (Painting) apply only to his attempts to paint a picture. If he tries to sculpt a monument, he cannot apply his Art dots to that effort unless he also has a separate rating in Art (Sculpture).

Step 4: Advantages

Advantages aren’t ranked or prioritized, merely given special values. Like most traits, they may be increased with bonus points.

Birthrights

Birthrights are gifts given to Scions by their patron Gods, typically upon a Scion’s Visitation, but you are already a God. These traits will represent pieces of your possessions that have been returned to you, either through searching the world for them or via Fate. A character receives five dots to divide among four separate types of Birthright: Creature, Followers, Guide and Relic.

No Birthright may be rated higher than three dots before spending bonus points. More information on these Birthrights appears in the Chapter Five, Scion: Hero, pp. 156-169.

Epic Attributes, Knacks and Boons

Epic Attributes are innate traits that manifest at all times for a God. Even in Avatar form the latent ichor in his blood wreaks sudden, dramatic changes on his physiology. Knacks are quirks of the Epic Attributes that manifest in different Scions and Gods with differing frequency. A God receives one Knack free with every dot purchased in an Epic Attribute. (Additional Knacks may be purchased with bonus or experience points.) More info on Epic Attributes and Knacks appears in Chapter Four of Scion: Hero.

Boons are supernatural powers granted from the Purviews for which a God is best known, but none are off limits. Boons differ from Epic Attributes and Knacks in that they aren’t innate. In fact, to use a Boon, you must possess a Birthright relic that allows access to the Purview from which that Boon comes. A complete explanation of Boons appears in Chapter Five, Scion: Hero, pp. 139-156.

As an awakened Fallen God you receive 10 dots to divide between Epic Attributes and Boons. Each dot in an Epic Attribute costs one of those 10 dots at character creation. Each Boon costs the same number of dots as its rating (i.e., taking a three-dot Boon at character creation uses up three of those 10 dots). No score in your God’s Epic Attribute may equal or surpass his Legend score. Similarly, no God may possess a Boon rated equal to or greater than his Legend.

Virtues

Virtues are beliefs of great import to the cultures from which the various pantheons emerged. Each pantheon has a set of four Virtues that define proper behavior. The sets are as follows:

Aesir: Courage, Endurance, Expression, Loyalty

Amatsukami:Duty, Endurance, Intellect, Valor

Atzlánti: Conviction, Courage, Duty, Loyalty

Dodekatheon: Expression, Intellect, Valor, Vengeance

Loa: Harmony, Order, Piety, Vengeance

Pesedjet: Conviction, Harmony, Order, Piety

Similar to Attributes, each Virtue begins with one dot. Each God then has five dots to divide between the four Virtues of his divine pantheon. (I might allow a Scion to choose a different Virtue combination, but don’t count on it.) A Virtue can’t be raised above 4 at character creation without the expenditure of bonus points. More information on Virtues can be found in Chapter Three, Scion: Hero, pp. 117-122.

Step 5: Finishing Touches

On this step, you determine your character’s final traits and finish rounding him out.

Willpower

Willpower represents a character’s strength of purpose and determination. As a trait, it is used for a variety of purposes. A Scion’s Willpower may override an instinctive response borne of one’s Virtues, create an automatic success on an important roll, allow that Scion to resist a mental assault, power certain Boons and spells or activate a Virtue. More information on Willpower and its uses can be found in Scion: Hero, pp. 111-112 of Chapter Three.

A character’s starting Willpower equals the sum of his two highest Virtues, though Willpower may be raised with bonus points.

Legend

Legend is the measure of a God’s or other supernatural being’s spiritual puissance. Most mortals have no Legend rating (or a rating of 1 at most). Gods start the game with Legend 2, and that trait may be raised with bonus points.

Legend Points

Legend also generates points, which may be spent for automatic successes, to re-roll a failed action and to power certain Boons and spells. A Scion’s pool of Legend points is equal to the square of his Legend dots (Legend x Legend).

Health Levels

Despite the immortality and great body of evidence to the contrary, as a banished God, you are ultimately only human. You possess the same seven health levels that other mere mortals possess: one –0 health level, two -1 health levels, two -2 health levels, one –4 health level and a single Incapacitated health level. For more information on health levels, see Chapter Seven, Scion: Hero, p. 195.

Bonus Points

Finally, your God gets a pool of 15 bonus points that may be spent to improve various traits. The expenditure for trait increases is outlined on the “Bonus Points” table on page 101.

Wait, you said no Legend, now we start with 2?

After your "Wake Up Call" (consider it a visitation) you'll effectively be Scions. After that visitation your Legend scores will bounce from 0 to 2 (plus what you purchased at character creation plus what I might give you as a bonus).

As the game begins though, with a Legend effectively at 0, you will not have access to any of those fun things you wrote on your sheet and obviously you won't have relics, since without a Legend score they never would have functioned for you.

Ok, here's my new submission, this one shouldn't be stepping on anyone's toes, and I rather like him, enjoy folks.

Character Concept: Thoth, Collage Professor

Name: Professor Thomas Asten

True Name: Thoth

Nicknames: Asten, Djehuty, Khenti, Sheps, The Thrice Great, Lord of Divine Words, Lord of Ma’at

Apparent Age: Mid to late 20s

Apparent Ethnicity:Egyptian

Height: 5ft 9in

Weight: 170 lbs.

Former Pantheon: The Pesedjet

Appearance:

d14byheise.jpg

Pre-Expulsion History:

One would have thought that Thoth, god of Wisdom, Knowledge, Numbers, Time, Language and Magic, with his wife being Ma’at, one of the Avatars of Logos, the Titan of Order, would be the most likely god to go for the idea of balance between the Titan’s and the gods, but in this case, one would be wrong. In fact, such was his intelligence that the god could see a number of serious flaws in the idea, but no one wanted to hear them. He argued clearly, concisely, and with precision, however, no matter what his argument, the other gods over ruled him, at which point the god resigned himself to a measure of conflict.

Certain that he was right, Thoth backed off for a moment, and made plans, very careful plans, but even as he made his plans, the rest of the gods were watching him closely, worried that the powerful god might do something drastic. They were right, and matters came to a head when Thoth was caught by the other gods working a magical ritual that would bind their powers to his, and force the rest of them to follow his lead, or at least be unable to oppose him.

Caught, imprisoned by more physically capable, if not as intelligent deities, the rest of the gods stripped him of his powers and divine nature, binding his Avatar to a mortal form, and leaving him imprisoned on earth. This left the god with a bit of a problem, and at first, he was certain that he could overcome it, after all, was he not the wisest and most knowledgeable of deities? He was the god of Time, or at least viewed as such, he could still come on top, eventually, with time.

Post-Expulsion History:

Having fallen to earth during the dark ages, Thoth attempted to encourage knowledge and wisdom, finding himself in Egypt, he attempted to increase knowledge within the world, moving from Alexander to Byzantine, for a time. Over the centuries, he sought to regain his power by linking himself with knowledge and wisdom, indeed, it was a few words of direction from him to the right ears that brought about the invention of Algebra among the Arabs, sparked the renaissance, and even encouraged some for the great minds of history. He preferred to teach and encourage learning, and over the centuries his students included such minds as Isaac Newton, Leonardo Da Vinci, Albert Einstein, Neils Bohr, Nikola Tesla, Marie Curie, and Charles Babbage.

Unfortunately, during all of this time, not one hint of divine power or legend grew, he was in the shadow of many great minds, teacher and guide even, but not one of them brought him any hint of power. Discouraged, he slowly began to grow resigned to the idea that he was never going to regain his power, and he was always going to be in the shadow of greater minds. Which was disheartening, for he was one of the greatest minds of all, he was able to guild, but not able to direct. Over the years, he also begun to study the martial arts, mostly ones that emphasized a more contemplative view of things, but between that and his fencing practice, he’s quite capable of defending himself, though he prefers to use the minimum of effort in such matters.

Sense the middle of the 20th century, Professor Asten has fallen back to doing nothing more then simply teach, he doesn’t look for bright minds to encourage anymore, he simply teaches math, literature, and language at different Universities, moving every few decades when he must to hide his lack of aging. Presently, he is at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Sense the modern age, and the advent of the computer, he uses his skill with computers to insure that he fits in with a particular area. He’s a good teacher, but he no longer exerts himself as the great teacher that he could be, he often looks at his students with a measure of melancholy and sadness, and often spends hours watching the moon when it’s full. Some of the rumors around the campus say that he lost someone dear to him in a terrible accident. A number of his female students do find rather him rather attractive, but he remains aloof from such things.

Character Concept:

Name: Batya Ben-Gurion

True Name: Bastet

Nicknames:

Apparent Age: 26

Apparent Ethnicity: Israeli

Height: 5' 7"

Weight: 129lbs

Former Pantheon: Pesedjet

Distinctive Marks: An odd birthmark like a vertical line droops from the corner of her right eye; the mark of the Eye of Horus, one of which was entrusted to her before her Fall.

Pre-Expulsion History:

Bast had warned her pantheon of the signs she and her cats had seen; the Titans stirred in their prison. The gods must make ready. And make ready they did...but not in the way she expected. When Horus came to her with tidings of the will of Atum-Re, she immediately foresaw disaster, and was quite open in saying so. When she began to share this prophecy with the other gods however, the reaction was swift and without mercy. To counter the power of her vision, she was not slain...rather her powers were sealed, and she was banished to Earth. Thus she could not make her case to Anubis, nor would there be a weighing of her heart that could exonerate her. Instead, she would simply vanish, and the gods who ambushed her and delivered this sentence could invent any story they wished.

Post-Expulsion History:

On finding herself lost and vulnerable in the world of mortals, Bast initially had no idea when to expect the doom of her prophecy. For the first time in forever, she had no plan, no resources, no contingency to fall back on. She became an entertainer by day and a thief by night, spending money as fast as she took it in on pleasures of the moment, trying to erase the hollowness of knowing that the end of the world was coming with the surety of the seasons turning...and there was nothing anyone could do about it.

Time passed, and Bast's one remaining faith was shaken. Her faith in the vision that had led to the strife in Heaven in the first place. Why was it taking so long? Could it be a false prophecy? Or perhaps the gods had managed to change their course and avert doom at the last moment? She had no way to find out what had happened, so she returned to Egypt to visit the holy places and try to gain the attention of the ones who had cast her out. The temples were long abandoned though, the altars crumbling and unmaintained. The tombs of phaerohs were as often as not broken and looted. Though the people of the Nile lived on, the old ways were gone, the old gods forgotten.

No part of Bastet's faith, in the gods, even in herself, was intact by that time. The gods could as well be dead for all that she saw evidence of their existence from Earth. Perhaps that was the ruin she'd predicted? Perhaps not. Even she couldn't say now. And yet, there were no monsters either...no horrors spilling out of the ground or raining from the sky. No sign that the Titans were ascendent and ready to begin their work. So she did the only thing that made sense...she went out looking.

For years, she traveled the world, chasing down rumors and legends. Wherever folk talked of strange creatures, or ghosts, or divine manifestations...Bast could be counted on showing up sooner or later. She talked with locals, asked questions, and viewed the sites for herself. All she came away with was annoyance with the superstition of human beings. It was as if, in the absence of the true gods, human belief was loosed upon the world scattershot, creating monsters and demons out of shadows because the real things no longer walked the Earth.

Finally Bast came to a crossroads. She faced eternity as a powerless thing, forever asking questions she had no means to answer. Her boundless curiosity doomed to forever be unsated. It was as inventive a Hell as could ever have been fashioned for her. There was a way out though.

She could succumb to the emptiness which had claimed the universe, accept that the gods were dead and that she had no further place in the cosmos. Her body did not age as other mortals did, but it didn't heal any faster than any human being's either. She suspected that a knife or bullet in her heart or brain would kill her as it would anyone else. Then she would know...finally KNOW, even if her heart would be as heavy as lead in the process. And there would finally be an end.

She couldn't bring herself to simply commit suicide. But the Hebrews had returned to their ancient homeland, and chaos rampaged through the land as they clashed with those who had moved in during their long absence. It was a war that would have no good end, a war that would hunger for blood as a dying man in the desert did for water. Bastet joined that war, and in so doing acknowledged to herself that she sought the release of death. That she would mete out her futile wrath here in the ruined city of Gaza until she finally, inevitably, died.

And it was a relief.

Originally Posted By: From the White Wolf Forums
a long time ago, the gods of the Overwold came to a city of sin and vice (Las Vegas) to plot the salvation of the world from the Titans. The Gods decided to bring together their most powerful children (read; the most experienced heroes) in an attempt to mold a fighting force capable of taking on the Titans. Among them, were the heroes follow (Note: Each Player had two characters)

Heller Sonnenschein-19 year old Scion of Baldur. Heavy Metal Singer, talented swordfighter, all around nice guy
Leah Lugner-23 year old Scion of Loki. Software Designer, master persuader, offensive magician
Sofia Boreas-20 year old Scion of Zeus. Murdered senator's daughter, expert gunslinger, pitiless avenger
Jason Xanatos-26 year old Scion of Hades. Corporate heir, organized criminal, bankroll
Haruko Yamamoto-17 year old Scion of Amaterasu. J-Pop idol, kendo expert, moral compass of the group
Mizuru Asahina-27 year old Scion of Susano-o. Private security officer, boisterous brawler, defensive combatant
Ophelia Saturday-22 year old Scion of Baron Samedi. Fashion Designer, perky goth, logistical head of the group
Marcel DeLaGuerre-30 year old Scion of Ougoun. Military contractor, knife fighter, all around BAMF
Felix Cortes-24 year old Scion of Quetzalcoatl. Soccer player, martial artist, healer
Oselita"Sangrita" Delluna-25 year old Scion of Tezcatlipoca. Reggeton star, underworld connections, brawler
Andrea Bahur-24 year old Scion of Horus. Archeologist, cunning diplomat, combat pragmatist.
Leon Mansfield-29 year old Scion of Bast. Nightclub owner, big game hunter, shameless skirt-chaser

With this group in mind, we followed the "Long Road To Heaven" only as far as the end in which the ST thought it was a good idea to have Kane Taoka kill Sofia's mother by way of manipulation from Hera. He thought we were going to just bounce along after that and stick to the script.

Not so much.

What followed that was our group taking a trip to Tokyo, shooting up Taoka's shinobi, performing a hostile takeover of his company, stealing Yata-No-Kagami from under his nose, wiping out his yakuza and leading the Tokyo Police to his house under the impression that he was plotting to assassinate the Prime Minister. Abandoned by Mikaboshi, he threw himself off the balcony and that was the last the Shinsengumi appeared in our chronicle.

We must match their awesomeness. laugh

It would appear all the submissions are in that are going to happen, so I'll announce the choices.

The Exiled will be...

Thor

Sun Wukong

Hades

The Morrigan

Bast

If you were not selected, but are still interested, then please keep your concept handy as another spot may open later. Thanks you to everyone who showed interest in this game and honestly I wish I could accommodate everyone (I'm just not that good of an ST to juggle too many PCs.)

As for the five above... get me character sheets. Once we have those, I'll petition Chosen for our forum.

Take some time to consider also that while you awaken and find yourself surrounded by other half-gods... some of those Gods might not like very much.

While ultimately this is a heroic game and despite which god you are you are still expected to be the 'good guy' there's no reason you have to like your fellow immortals.

Thor is all muscle, very little brains (compared to most other gods).

Hades is rich, 'evil' and about as pompus as a person can get.

The Morrigan... well... she's now so fat that when she goes to restaurants they waiter hands her an estimate before she orders.

Bast has slipped into an emo phase.

And Sun Wukong... well he's so depressed and paranoid he's sure to be a delight to travel with.

Use each others flaws as a means of inducing a little comic relief now and again...

Quote:
Thor: "Great, 5 inch steel door. I don't think even I could break that down, not in this body."

Hades: "Perhaps we could smear chocolate on it and Morri could eat us a large enough hole to crawl through..."

<scolding glares from everyone...>

Hades: "What?!? I'm just offering suggestions, I don't hear anyone else chiming up with anything..."

Dave:

Originally Posted By: Chosen
To host a game on RPG-Post.com you can post something in this forum if you'd like to look for players for your game. To start your game just start your story in our small gaming forum. Please title all threads with Game_Title: thread name.

If you want to have your game converted to a full forum you may do so once you have 3 IC threads with at least 50 posts. At that point you need to contact me and I will set up the initial forum for you. All games will follow format of RPG Game: Your Game Title.

Petitioning will come later, just set up the OOC and IC threads when it's appropriate. We'll get 50 posts in no time. laugh

Guys, you might notice that your little prelude stories are kinda missing things like direction or elaborate details... that's because it's free form writing. Make the shit up and just write a story. I'm not interested in doing long ass convoluted preludes that take ten weeks to get through because we have a billion dice rolls to make.

Just remember though, you are mortal and not half as bad ass as you think you are (I'm looking at you Jeremy...)

Archived