Matt

RPG Post Online Dice Script

87 posts in this topic

Hmm... can't wait to put this into practice!

I have the new dice commands in beta testing.

To roll the dice use the /ds command. Then you can supplement it with one of the following:

• t = target number. If you don't supply a target number the default is the number of dice times .75 rounded up. So for d10 it will be 8, for d6 it will be 5, etc.
  • r = reroll number. Any dice rolled above this number will be rerolled. The default is number of sides on the die. Add a number after it to specify another number.
  • b = botch number. If you roll this number or lower it will subtract it from your total number of success. The default is 1. Add a number after it to specify another number.
  • m = mega dice. This is based on Aberrant's mega dice. You can use the mechanics on any roll. If is 2 success for each success and 3 successes if you roll the max side. This adds to your original roll.
  • + = additional success. The number of success will automatically be added to your total.
  • - = difficulties. The number will automatically be removed to your total.

An example roll using everything is /ds 6d10t8br+2.

I think this addresses all of the comments from above. Please let me know if I missed anything or you can think of something else that could be useful to add into the chat dice.

The system has a couple of additional rules.

• A target number can't be lower than 2. If it is it will default to the number of sides times .75 rounded up.
  • The reroll number can't be lower than 2. If it is it will default to the number of sides.

Seems to be an error with the dice script. The /ds target number doesn't seem to be taking a setting of 4 on a d6,.

jameson *rolls* 3d6t4: 3,2,3. Successes = 0. The target number was changed to 5.

[Malachite] 10:27 am: Yep.

[Malachite] 10:27 am: That t thing doesn't work.

[Malachite] 10:28 am: Okay, so no soak.

[jameson] 10:28 am: now what?

[Malachite] 10:28 am: Roll Vigor + WD for the Incap roll.

jameson *rolls* 2d6t4: 1,3. Successes = 0. The target number was changed to 5.

I think I have it fixed. Thanks for finding and reporting the bug.

1 person likes this

/fate X where X is your skills minus difficulty works in chat now.