Mr Fox

RPG-Post mentioned in Drive-Thru RPG's news letter

Last week after reading the editor's article on how hard it can be to find a gaming group, I emailed him back mentioning how I'd found Rpg-post to be a great place to game when you can't find a table top group... Sure enough he mentioned the site in this week's news letter!!! It includes a link to the site. Talk about some amazing free advertisement! Thanks Sean of Drive-Thru!

From the news letter:

RPG-POST

There are many gamer-populated forum communities out there. Some are outstanding, some are middle-of-the-road, and some are just awful troll festivals that constitute an utter waste of precious life.

And then there's RPG-POST. I've barely scratched the surface of the thing and it has genuinely and pleasantly surprised the jade out of me.

Apparently, it all started as a fan-driven support project for the Trinity Universe products (Aberrant, Adventure, and Trinity); I've still not figured out exactly what Eon refers to, but that may be a fun thing to explore.

At any rate, the thing has grown well beyond its boundaries. As I write this, the front page features some meaty posts by the site operators about: Eric Stoltz as the original Marty McFly (complete with footage); a discussion about gamers portrayed in media (with a solid focus on the show "Bones"); and a chunk of stuff on City of Heroes and D&D Online.

This isn't reposted news and articles from elsewhere; this is original content, and it's all from the perspective of RPG gamers. The community aspect comes into the commentaries and forum posts. I think one's well worth your clicky-time.

We're on the map people, let's put on the game faces and make us all, and Chosen look good.

That's sublimely awesome.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
Apparently, it all started as a fan-driven support project for the Trinity Universe products (Aberrant, Adventure, and Trinity); I've still not figured out exactly what Eon refers to, but that may be a fun thing to explore.

If its the naming anyone's curious about then I can answer that. cool

EON was started as "Europe-net", and it slowly morphed into 'Europnet'. By about version 3 one of our moderators at the time suggested rethinking the name as the site had grown way beyond my original ideas for a 'European Opnet Node' into the premier Aeoniverse support site. AEON...E.O.N.... it made a kinda sense.

It become EON with version 4 and went to the old chill.uk.net/EON URL at the same time - version 5 being the blue and white one, some graphics for that version of the site are still around *points to the EON link above*.

I did have an aborted version 4.5 somewhere too when I was messing about with a lot of flash... came to my senses though and dropped the flash, went all white and blue and stuff with v5.

-------
CHILL - still playing Trinity after all these years
Gimme my Bright Continent, damnit laugh
-------