BESM Idea: T-Central Detectives

Jaime Lowery

Well, I had this little idea for a game, putting it up if anyone is interested.

--

An inattentive pilot caused a luckily non-fatal collision on Sky Route 12, so mecha traffic's backed up there and for a bit. The radio adds that if the mages do their job right, it should be sunny all day long. The advertisement for the new SHI annual auto models comes out, followed by House of Alchemy's offering 50% off on love potions for Valentine's Day.

It's T-Central, the mysterious city at the center of space and time, where people accidentally or deliberately from the Prime and Inner Worlds (and more) have constructed a new life.

But in this city is a massive stewpot of crimes happening or waiting to happen, and there to aid the citizens and police of T-Central is the T-Central Detective Agency, headed by the curious but extremely skilled Hercule Poirot.

300 CP, any background, this is a mixture of investigation and combat. You will go from small crimes, all the way to city-threatening mysteries. Often the two are linked, mon ami.

I will probably take a bit of time to construct the city and my plotlines, so please be aware of that.

Anyone interested?

Cool.

And I should add a few more things atm for your edification.

Yes, the agency is run by Poirot of Agatha Christie fame, but he is largely desk-bound nowadays, and when he gets out for a mystery, he shouldn't be overshadowing you guys. You guys are all also supposed to be the cream of the crop, there are others, but Poirot sees you as the best users of 'the little grey cells.'

Skills are important naturally, powers and other stuff are fine, but Skills will take the primary role for once. A variety is good, after all, there can be scientists and doctors along with hard-boiled gumshoes, but you need a good role to play in the group.

Also, T-Central is massive, the map which I am 'borrowing' to put up covers only Downtown, and that area itself covers the equivalent of multiple New York Cities. So the Agency is pretty large for a detective's outfit.

Ok, map below: this is Downtown. This is a general bird's eye map with a grid help demarcate major location in areas of Downtown.

post-33-1201958841.jpg

D3 (Circle): City Hall

T-Central is run by the City Council, elected-at large from the districts of the city, and a leader is chosen to be the Mayor.

B2: Downtown General Hospital

One of the city's largest hospitals, combining a mix-mash of magical healers, technological healing systems, and trained doctors and nurses to ensure patients' health and swift recovery.

D2, E2-4: Mai Tykes City Park

Donated to the city by Mai Tykes, head of T-Central's local branch of the SHI Corporation, the well-kept and beautiful park includes woods, a vast lake, and plenty of pleasing critters living around the area.

Archived