[OpNet] I need Help!

Jordan

Life has not been going well, and I have only a little time here before I have to get moving again. Someone is trying to destroy me, and everything I’ve been working on for the past 5 years. Solar Solutions is gone. Utopia’s TechReg division hit us like a fucking anvil and I’m still searching through the wreckage. I had to destroy 3 of my private research labs just to make sure they didn’t get their hands on my most recent project. To top it all off, my friends and business partners are dropping like flies.

The point of all this is that I need help and this is the only place I can turn to.

Jager,

You’re the best spook I know, if you can help me, I need a good bolthole. Also, I have a list of seven names; they are kids who’ve gone missing that I must find. What do you say? Can you help me for old times sake?

James Meehan,

If you’ll let me, I want to send you a package. It’s all my notes and files on everything I’ve been working on since starting SolarSol. You can rifle through it all and use what you like, but I just ask that only you examine my files and designs, don’t even let Mike see some of this stuff, please.

Ashnod,

Okay, I know we haven’t gotten along all the time, and we’ve never even met, but I could really use your help. I know you said you had the ability to tell if someone was a Baseline or a Latent Nova. Could you do that if you only had a sample of someone’s DNA or do you need have the person standing in front of you? If you just need a DNA sample, I have seven I’d like you to take a look at. Would that be possible?

I have to go now, I’m being watched and I’m not safe. When I can, I’ll log back on. I’m sorry to put this on all of you.

I'm curious as to what you would entrust to me but would desire to keep Michael from perusing, but of course, I will send you a drop location and you can be assured I will retrieve the information without fail.

Having experienced the intrusive hand of Utopia when they decimated NextStep I can empathize wholeheartedly, my sincerest sympathies.

Jager,

Thank You.

Ronin,

Thanks for the offer, unfortunately I don't know enough about you to know whether I can trust you or not. Sorry.

James,

The fewer people who have the information, the better (and safer) for everyone involved. You'll understand when you see the data.

You need a hideyhole? Jager can provide that. Need some back-up? While I'm not a physical powerhouse, I can set up drones, security cameras, lurker programs, the whole nine. I have an ultra-secure line thanks to a friend, which you can use to contact me with whatever you need. As soon as you lock down a safezone, I can be there in a blink. Although I'd need a 'porter who knows where I live and that I can trust with this to get me there.

I'm sorry to hear your situation has gotten this dire. I was looking foreward to hearing more from your firm. Hopefully we can find a way to help this blow over... If that's possible.

Jordan Rossi

You may or may not find this of assistance.

As far as may be ascertained your current predicament is not due to the actions of my associates. It lacks the indicators one would normally find with such an event. That is good in that it means you have the opportunity to prevail. It is bad in that your opponents are serious people. Nothing is quite as randomly dangerous as fanatics.

I like men of integrity but this is all the assistance you will be provided.

Endeavor

I hope that's another of your "jokes."

<font face="Times New Roman" size="5" color="#BC47ED">W</font><font face="Times New Roman" size="2"><font color="#D673FF">idget,</font><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="1">

Widget:

I'm serious as a terminal illness, Widget. I do have the tech, the programs, and the gear. Let's just say I've been preparing for a visit from the men in black ever since that AI my mother created escaped. Even though it's destroyed, the S&T gestapo have my scent. They want to see how much I got of her "legacy" and to see what I got under my skirt, if you will. If they come to talk, that's fine. They'll do it on neutral ground with MANY of my lawyers present. If they want a battle, I will defend myself. But, I figure my resources would be better spend defending someone I hold in high regard professionally. Although I doubt he knew it. Wouldn't you want to help someone when you knew you could help them? I'm just offering him some assistance. It's his choice if he wants it.

Endeavor.

Should a time come in this situation that you require transportation, I can provide it.

Though do you trust me that much?

Jordan.

I see your point, and I realize that this most dire hour is a poor time for tests, but consider for a moment the old axiom about how trust is not given, but earned.

Surely, if you have given me no chance, I have nothing to prove.

Not that I expect any of this to change your mind. But when you have time to breathe, ask yourself what one must do to earn your trust.

.ronin

Okay ronin. As soon as I know where Jordan is, You can port me there so I can set up the gear. I'll also have to brief him on it's use. I don't know what S&T could bring to bear, so I'm going full defensive. Not to mention I'll give him some software to cover his tracks when he posts. I've been painstakingly covering some tag remnants he's been leaving lately. I don't know where or what program causes this.

Jordan, I reccomend you do a full security flush of your software. Look for any spy-progs running in TSR mode. Sort of like a TSR type virus. It's old school, I know, but now a days people don't bother to look there because of their anti-virus programs are so good. But spy-ware can latch on there just as easily.

I also reccommend not to use any terminals near your "cave". Because of the OpIP being assigned by location as well as machine. You may want to find a "spoofing" program at one of those "haxor" sites. It's surprising how baseline hackers still know their shit.

Endeavor, I'm sure Mr.Rossi will be very grateful for the assistance you provide. And you're becoming more adept with each post though this facade has far to go before it equals your troll persona.

<font face="Times New Roman" size="5" color="#BC47ED">W</font><font face="Times New Roman" size="2"><font color="#D673FF">idget,</font><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="1">

Fine Widget, be this way. I won't help him. You expect me to be some other way, fuck it. I got other things to do anyway. Besides, I'm sure Jordan is well protected anyways. He's a smart kid.

Get off my back Widget, I show a sense of humor(unfortunately at your expense), then APOLOGISE to you, and you ignore it. So, I'll be the prick. Have a nice day.

Endeavor.

What's up with the dueling banjos act? And the handle switch?

Something isn't right here, whether it's your own sense of melancholy or something insidious at work.

I'm sorry to do so without due invitation, but I'm stopping by.

.ronin

Quote:
Originally posted by Jordan Rossi:

James,
The fewer people who have the information, the better (and safer) for everyone involved. You'll understand when you see the data.
Package recieved. My goodness, no wonder Utopia has decided to vex you so as of late. You've been a naughty boy Mr. Rossi.

Now, I see some indications of your involvement in these, but I also see others, some of whom I don't know. No feat there, but I'm curious, why do I feel Solar Solutions had more Novas on the payroll than you've ever admitted?

Widget,

I catch your meaning and thank you.

Ronin,

It's too far in the future right now, but maybe when and if this blows over we can talk.

Sakura/Hitomi

Sounds like you have problems of your own right now. Stay out of this. I don't want to be responsible for your death.

James,

Way more complicated to explain in this medium than it's really worth right now. At some point I'm going to have to sit down with you and give you the heads up.

Endeavor, don't even joke about blowing your brains out. Not funny.

Also, don't you think that warning Utopia that any raid against you will have to be with overwhelming force isn't such a good idea? After all, from their PR's reckoning, why would you have such heavy defenses unless you had something to hide.

Or, am I just being troll-bait, again?

The Forgotten City? Would you prefer the data from the Mythic, Historical or Strange reference catagories?

It turns up in a lot of places.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jordan Rossi:
Hey guys, still alive.

Quick question before I hit the road again; What and Where is "The Forgotten City?"

Thanks, I'll be checking back later today.

Jordan.
Which one? That is not an uncommon title that pops up a number of times in a variety of legend and lore. Not all of it ancient either. I have a collection (small) of letters, articles, etc. that reference locales of mysterious nature. One of my favorites, a copy of the New York Times from Aug. 16th, 1928 has an article discussing a 'Forgotten City' found by a hardy group of explorers. I've tested the paper and ink and have verified that the time period is genuine. However, I can't seem to locate a copy of the same paper in any other archives.

Just a little proof that we live in a world with some mysteries still.

Sorry for the delay, but I have to keep on the move. I believe the forgotten city reference is a modern one, like it's refering to a modern city somewhere out there.

Technokat, Thanks for the direction, I'll see what it turns up.

Teknokat:

My time is almost up for terminal use tonight. I'd like to thank you for the referral to ALNP. I made the right choice in doing this.

Hopefully I will get more out of this "visit" here than just peace of mind.

Well, lights out. I have a very long therapy session tomorrow.

Modern as in populated within the last hundred years puts it into the Strange category. There are three diverse references to a place referred to as the Forgotten City. Two refer to locations in Asia and seem to be descriptions of the same place provided by different visitors. The third is very specific as to the location, which differs from the previous accounts by a thousand miles and twenty years, but the description is very similar to the first two.

I can summarize the accounts if you'd like.

And Apep may be onto something if the facts support the claim. As the living spirit of the city Metropolis should know.

Mid-Industrial Age; circa 1926.

The Principles of Practical Psycho-History. It is an interesting read, combining post-Jungian psychobabel about Universal Conciousness and Subconcious Thought Processes with congnisant reconstruction of sociatal perceptions.

Late Industrial Age; The Journals of Dr. Clark Westler

Entries (March, 1952) makes reference to the "City that Vanished", believing that "it has existed at a certain time and place in my immediate past, but I have somehow forgotten it, or most of it."

He later makes reference to "shadows of things moving about, were nothing should be. I know it is there, but I can no longer find it. I feel as if something is pushing me away from finding it."

In early 1953, the doctor was diagnosed as suffering from an extreme form of schizophrenia and commited to a sanitarium for the rest of his life.

As Widget said, Forgotten City is a popular catch-phrase. My count runs to about a dozen, just in the last century.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
Endeavor, don't even joke about blowing your brains out. Not funny.
Untrue.
Well, it made me smile.

Quote:
Or, am I just being troll-bait, again?
Take a wild fucking guess, Blondie. You always cared too much; keeps your head in the sand and prevents you from observing the inherent humor of this or any situation.

[Edited because this interface fucked up and confused my surface thoughts for the intended dictation. Ugly and embarassing.]

Close, Nimrod, but no cigar. I have the capacity to care about what happens to others. There is the difference, you know?

You know, if you would just let them make an action figure of your image, you could get some of that top-shelf equipment.

Fritz, baby, I think that you confuse me with Mr. Skullface sociopath or someone. I do care what happens to other people, which is why I take such pride and joy in my line of work. I remove variables from the great equation - or sand in the machinery, if you want - and thus ensure the stability of environment required for people at large to be able to enjoy life as they know it. It´s always a lot of unappreciative motherfuckers who keep stepping out of line.

I´m also not as photogenic as you or the other beautiful people; no one buys "accountant, the action figure". So even if that top-shelf shit´d work for someone else than the Elite ho´s, I´d still be shit out of luck.

´sides, getting recognized would be sort of counter-productive, wouldn´t you agree?

Too much the big picture, not enough with the little nuts and bolts that make it work. It warps the mind.

Here is something to make you smile.

Best verified use of a Ceastus Pax action figure:

I am talking to this lady friend of mine and we walk into the ladies room (it was a really good conversation, honestly). Anywho, I realize were I am and make eye-contact with the only other person there. It is this lady who is using the CP figure to get a tampon out of the dispenser. She looks at me, embarrassed, and says, "His head is just the right shape."

What could I say. I knodded and backed out of there.

Have a nice day.