I'm Back

Blue Thunder

Hello.

Does anyone remember me? I know my re-appearance is sudden but I felt like I had to come back here and see you guys again. I left suddenly and without any announcement or forewarning a little over two years ago. My profile said sometime in April 2007 I believe, but I could be wrong. I'm not going to invent any excuses or BS stories for why I had to leave suddenly (like: my hometown was overrun with mutant zombies and I spent the last two years in an underground bunker eating Spam and dreaming of the day I would return to the Above World). And I wasn't in jail or the hospital. But these past two years have been very strange and personal for me. I'm not going to get into the details but suffice it to say that I didn't just leave EonOnline two years ago; I pretty much vanished from the entire Internet to deal with these personal issues, leaving a whole lot of people wondering what happened to me. I moved around a bit, had to deal with unavoidable family issues, went through some emotional problems, etc. Short story version: Shit has happened in my life. But most of it is over now. So I'm starting to delurk and go back to all of the places I once frequented on the Internet. But that still isn't any excuse for leaving without saying anything. I should have said something and I didn't.

It was a dick thing to do, and I'm a dick because of it. I'm sorry.

I was actually going to return to this place a few months earlier but figured everyone would kill me if I did (as much as someone can be killed over the Internet). But I recently checked the forum and there aren't any threads calling for my death. All I saw were tumbleweeds. I'm going to pretend it's because you guys were bored and lonely without me. I'm sorry if anyone tried contacting me via PM past August of 2007; apparently my message box maxed out because I saved nearly every message sent to me by my players in Prometheans Unbound.

Speaking of...what's going to happen to the Prometheans game? I assume most of the players are gone from the boards and my memory of the game isn't perfect, though I remember most of it.

The PCs off the top of my head:

Envy (leader, uncontrollable Rogue-like powers, snazzy eyes)

Roach (scrappy insect guy, acid spit, are you done eating that sandwich?)

King Cobra (shadow powers, hots for La Flamberge, stalks NYC streets)

Will Turner (ex-T2M, liquid metal, worst name ever)

Colony (John Carpenter's the Thing, eventual gibbering galactic menace)

Loki (chaos supporter, Ukrainian)

Gaston (gambler and hedonist)

Anansi (super soldier spider, elite)

Leiko Takei (evil bizzaro Yuna with an easel)

And last thing I remember everyone was getting ready to cave the Apostle's skull in. Would rebooting it even be worth it? I could start a new game perhaps, though I'm unsure if I want to right now. Or if you guys would accept me.

Also, I'm not sure who the admin is anymore but could s/he possibly send me a PM with the password to the Bright Continent subforum? I somehow managed to remember the password to Implicate Order even after all this time. They're both projects I started and I wouldn't mind poking around in those places again.

PS - Just checked, and I still have mod powers. Fear me, mortals!

And if the game isn't resurrected, I could always start a new one.

I have two ideas for Aberrant games that don't take place in the Aeon Continuum. One is kind of similar to that Nippon High game that was on here a while back, and another (which I like much more) is somewhat like the Ancient Aberrant game that Metaphysician is running/playing. The characters would be mythological characters, but it would take place in an original completely non-Earth fantasy setting.

I haven't played an RPG since Prometheans Unbound. I'm jonesing for a game.

And if the game isn't resurrected, I could always start a new one.

I have two ideas for Aberrant games that don't take place in the Aeon Continuum. One is kind of similar to that Nippon High game that was on here a while back, and another (which I like much more) is somewhat like the Ancient Aberrant game that Metaphysician is running/playing. The characters would be mythological characters, but it would take place in an original completely non-Earth fantasy setting.

I haven't played an RPG since Prometheans Unbound. I'm jonesing for a game.

Playing. Good lordy, I don't have the mojo to build something like Ancient Aberrant.

Hey BT,

Nice to see you around again, my man! Alex just told me you were lurking around here again a little while ago. I've actually been absent from the entire internet myself for the past few months, due to a back injury that left me more or less immobile for a while.

I literally just started making the rounds again today, and what do I find? BlueNinja lurking around in the same chatroom as me for the first time in a long time, followed immediately afterwards by Alex telling me you had returned. What're the odds?

So, you're thinking of starting up a game again?

Hmm... I probably shouldn't volunteer for another PbP game right now, given my time constraints, but given that this is Prometheus Unbound we're talking about here, I'll go ahead and put my hat in the ring too.

Good to have you back online again, my man. ::cool

I PMed SkyLion on AIM but he didn't get my message until after I signed off. That was several days ago. I wonder why he hasn't checked back here...

I see you have a new avatar Cottus. Still drawing I see ^_^

Yep, actually I've got a couple of pics I need to get done for people right now.

I'm not sure where Sky's been of late. He was still frequenting Rpg-Post (used to be N!Prime) before I dropped off the net myself for a few months, but since I've come back I haven't heard from him.

Sigh...

Why the sigh?

I must say I am pleased to hear of your return BT. I myself am in a similar position to where you were when you left, in the sense that I have taken a break from gaming completely to focus on the the weighty matters of real life.

I pulled out of all of the games I was in at RPG post, which was very hard and painful to do, given my attachment to my characters and their involvment in the story. However, once I let go, it was actually a relief as I have an addictive personality and was spending alot of time gaming every day. I also pulled out of the four Cthulhutech games I was in as well, equally painful as I was one of the oldest players on the site.

Anyhoo... There is a certain appeal to the idea of getting the band back together although I feel like we lost sooo much momentum. I couldn't say whether it would be better to start anew or try to get the old juices flowing. And my god, did Envy ever min max the fuck out of the strengths and weakness to get that huge linked rogue-power.

There is also the matter of if I come back to one I start wanting to come back to all and I just don't have the life for that now.

I met a woman wh I am getting serious with, and my finances are in the crapper. I need to really build myself up if I am going to start a family with her in a few years. In the wake of a serious (but not permanently crippling) knee injury, I need to focus all of my energy on getting my body strong, and building my business.

So I sigh because I can;t say I am not interested...I miss gaming soooo much. But as much as I love love love my rich fantasy life, and love the joy that comes from making our fantasies interactive, I just don't know if it is the right thing for me to do right now. It would come in after alot of more pressing priorities.

Still, I will keep thinking about it. Maybe there is room for just one game, if I could really promise myself I wouldn't get compulsive everytime someone decides to start up yet another game that is just too cool to pass up.

Miss you guys.

Sigh...

I understand Sky, trust me. Get those finances in shape, tend your injury, deal with your relationship. This is just an RPG. And nice to hear from Shade Sentinel as well!

I think over half the players have reported in, with some not able to play and others capable and willing. If it comes down to it, I had an idea that might help things...

We continue Prometheans Unbound. But since we were in the middle of a new Chapter we cut those stories short; the threads will be closed and we'll start-up again. You can keep your character or make a new one. Then we start the next Chapter. This lets us avoid the odd situation of picking up in the middle of a game from two years ago...especially important since half the original players won't be playing!

The Night of Long Knives has barely started in our game...I want to have everyone dive right into it. So with this option we can bump ahead a bit as if our last chapter (2 or 3 I think?) had gone all the way through with a conclusion.

If not and we never start the game up again...I could always just reveal all of my intentions. Like who the Proteus spy was, who kidnapped Firefly, which Pantheon member was gonna betray who, etc.

Just checking in to say I'm still interested, guys!

I look forward to hearing what you decide, BT, whatever that is.

P.S. - Sky, sorry to hear about your finances and your knee, but I'm stoked to hear that your personal life is doing so well! Good luck, man!

• 4 months later...

Hey there BT, good to have you back. Just got word from Cottus that you were back and considering either restarting the Prometheans game or starting a new one. Either way I'm interested and chances are I'll join in. Just have to make sure to check in often and see which its going to be.

Hey there BT, good to have you back. Just got word from Cottus that you were back and considering either restarting the Prometheans game or starting a new one. Either way I'm interested and chances are I'll join in. Just have to make sure to check in often and see which its going to be.

Actually Blade your information is a bit dated...we have a new game almost up and running! Check out Theomachy! I am sure Cottus can fill you in a bit...

Oh, and welcome back!!!

::welcome

• 9 months later...

Bright Continent was going to be the Trinity *book for Africa and the Star-Crossed--a group started by the Upeo Wa Macho who had lost confidence in Bolade Atwan's leadership.

The idea of the Star-Crossed was that they were sick of people keeping secrets and working their own agenda and generally just wanted to get on with everybody focusing on making things better for everybody. From what I have been able to piece together, they basically end up taking in the disaffected from other orders as well.

Plus, there really isn't any setting information for Africa, which is a shame that oughta be remedied.

@BlueNinja: India is the fan supplement India Underground.

Archived