Aberrant RPG - Stealth Aura of Anti-machine/tech

MooAberrant

Moo,

A player who’s Nova has invisibility (visual & audio) would like to get a power that allows them to have ‘machine stealth interference’.

Something along the lines of an aura that does not destroy equipment, and nor does it disrupt them, but instead makes the Nova just not register. The player mentioned things like pressure pads and movement senses; he is quite a dark future and gadget master.

I suppose it would depend upon how the machine works, if something if electronically based then a power to interfere with that would be different than a pressure pad that did not involve any electronics and just relayed upon detecting weight.

I believe the X-Men had something like this back in the earlier 90s.

Regards,

Batjutsu

There's an enhancement called "Fade" in... one of the fan books. I'm sure it's around here somewhere.
It's a Mega-Appearance enhancement in Aberrant: Forceful Personalities, EON's fanbook for the Social Mega-Attributes. IIRC, EON does have a download page for it.

Also there's the "Fool" option in Cyberkinesis, which allows the nova to selectively filter out or replace their own image, and/or that of their companions. If the player can't or doesn't want to shell out for a level three power, consider making it a level 2 power by itself, or an electronic adaptation of Mega-App's "Mr. Nobody."

Fade is a great enhancement. One of the PCs in Prometheans Unbound had it (James Winston) and it made interacting with Synapse weird, since Synapse lives through computers and the OpNet. Synapse would have to be told that James had said something, or that he was even there, and even then Synapse doubted that James even existed and felt everyone was playing a gag on him.

Fade is a great enhancement. One of the PCs in Prometheans Unbound had it (James Winston) and it made interacting with Synapse weird, since Synapse lives through computers and the OpNet. Synapse would have to be told that James had said something, or that he was even there, and even then Synapse doubted that James even existed and felt everyone was playing a gag on him.
I thought that Fade required the nova to activate it? Or did the nova have an aberration of permanent power (sorta) to keep it up all the time?

Archived