Mutants & Masterminds - Have You Ever Wanted to See an Aberrant2.0?

Then check out Paragons, a M&M 2e setting supplement by Green Ronin. Its. . . basically Aberrant 2.0 by way of toolkit approach, using the M&M system. A ton of ideas, genre support, and pre-made characters and organizations to be used to build your own "real world with supers" setting.

That's up to you, essentially. Its a toolkit rather than a single defined setting. So, it has guidelines and suggestions for how to set the various dials to any desirable value.

However, having taken another glance at the organizations and NPCs. . . the 'default' assumptions such as they are seem pretty close to the first ten years of Aberrant, just without Divis Mal and Mercer/Aeon.

Re: Paragons-

I happen to have this product, AFAICT it's worth both the price and the lookover. Amusingly enough, the sample character that really stood out in my mind was the teleporting restaurant critic. ::laugh

I think my favorite part so far is "The Church of Jesus Christ, Paragon", which manages the surprising feat of being a nova, er, paragon-focused Christian sect that is still actually theologically *Christian*, and also not some walking morass of offensive stereotypes.

Giving some conversion and scaling consideration, by the way, I'd peg the M&M/Aberrant equivalents as follows:

PL5 and less would cover minor novas, the types who have only minimal or quirky powers, and are entirely unsuited for combat or adventuring.

PL6-8 would be roughly the range for starting level novas, who aren't either exceptionally twinked or exceptionally weak. A 30 nova point character will most likely be here.

PL10-12 would cover the majority of experienced, powerful novas in the setting. T2M members, Teragen Pantheon, high rank Elites, and player characters who've been playing a while and/or started with 50+ nova points at chargen.

PL14-16 would be the Q6-7 brigade, though most such would probably have a *lot* of power points.

PL18-20 would be Q8 level novas. PL18 would be the versatile and experienced Q7 who just broke into Q8 levels of power; PL20 and a ton of points would be Divis Mal.

Quantum 9, if it were relevant, would be similar to PL20 in terms of build, probably, just with a couple extra PLs tagged on. Quantum 10 would just be handled by X-Traits, either as a character with a couple X-level powers ( for the character whose otherwise Q8 or less in build, except they have Plank Scaling ), or just as full blown PLX plot devices ( for most others ).

• 1 year later...
Originally Posted By: metaphysician
I think my favorite part so far is "The Church of Jesus Christ, Paragon", which manages the surprising feat of being a nova, er, paragon-focused Christian sect that is still actually theologically *Christian*, and also not some walking morass of offensive stereotypes.

I wonder if that was a riff on 'The Church of Jesus Christ, Joker' from the Wild Cards books...

Archived