Aberrant RPG - summon power?

Forge

Skylion informed me about an A! knack that works basically like a power I am trying to work out and was wondering if anyone out there had already done a conversion or could give me the details of the knack.

Basically the reverse teleport, 'I see object, I bring object to me.' instead of teleporting to it.

Anyone have any info? ::biggrin

Sounds like the Upeo/Teleportation 1dot power of Relay Object, although I'm not sure how well it would convert across.

Teleport, useable on others, ranged and probably extended range, but only on others, only inanimate objects, only to or from touch and mass limit of 5kg x(Q+power rating).

You'd need a more experienced ST to work out what level etc that would end up being. :biggrin

Assuming you need line of sight. . .

I'm thinking, level 1 power, standard range, you roll Dex + Summon, versus some kind of weight table. Objects in the control of another ( needs definition ) should either add a penalty to the weight table target value, or allow some kind of resistance roll.

Two extras might exist: one that lets you apply it to any object within your range limit, even if its not visible ( with penalties based on how well you know where and what it is ). Another would allow you to apply the power to anything within LoS, even LoS gained through powers like ESP or High End EMG Scan.

It's a modified Teleport; we'll hand wave the fact that we're reversing the normal "to" and "from" points. Note although there are weaknesses (you can't do yourself) there are also strengths (you don't need to go with an object, etc). Call it Q3 min, level 2.

Weight would be governed by the "Attune" rules. So you'd pay a point of q to attune something and then pay to 'port it.

Ergo... no porting someone's eufiber or other attuned object (it's considered part of them). You could teleport a person if they're light enough.

Targeting is a serious problem, line of sight would work, but so would getting a good view of a stationary object and then doing it later, and you could also use special senses.

Suggested Extras: Learned object( aka "Blind" Teleporting). Pay a point of quantum and 'learn' an object that you're in physical contact with and can attune. If it's in range (and the range for Teleport is insane) you can summon it as normal even if you don't know it's exact location. Number of objects you can "learn" is limited to the number of dots in this power.

The Power I was refering too is Sleight of Will, a mesmerist (and therefore Psion/Psiad) Level 3 power (In A! parlance) power. Novas could do something similar. Comments so far is that Alex's looks good, save for the fact that you can't normally attune something at range. This would have to be something different. As for Forge's suggestion it is suspect to me to base it off Stamina. I would say make it the usual teleport dice pool and pair it with Perception.

Ok, taking suggestions and my own opinions into consideration, this is what I came up with as a first draft. I feel like there should be a prerequisite of Attunement at the level needed to handle the appropriate weights.

Thoughts?

Pickpocket

Level: 2

Q-Min: 2

Dice Pool: Perception + Pickpocket

Range: Line of Sight or Special

Area: N/A

Duration: Instant

Effect: Bring perceived inanimate objects to your possession.

Multiple Actions: Yes

Description: This power allows a nova to fetch inanimate objects within his perceived visual senses to himself. To use this power, the nova must be able to see the target, either through normal human vision or some other quantum-enabled method, (e.g. EM Vision or High-End EM Scan.) The appropriate quantum points are spent and the nova rolls Perception + Pickpocket. The number of successes achieved, in addition to a number of automatic successes equal to his quantum score, must exceed the weight of the object desired in kilograms. This is an ‘all or nothing’ power, should the nova fail to achieve the needed successes, the attempt fails. ‘Part’ of the object cannot be ‘pocketed’ with a partial success.

So with a power rating of 5 and 5 mega perception you could move a maximum of 25 kgs?

It is successes on the roll + your quantum score, soooo in theory you could have:

Perception = 5 sux

M-Per = 5 sux (if taken as autos)

Power rating = 5 sux

Quantum = (rating) sux

I am sure Alex could run the numbers out for you in a much better fashion, but the basic idea is there. 25kg is probably the feasible maximum, not that I see anyone with a Quantum of 10 bothering to use this power. ::blink

This power wasn't intended to haul around mass amounts of gold or large kitchen appliances, but more along the lines of, "I'll take that gun that you are pointing at me, thankyouverymuch." or "How nice of you to give me your million dollar swiss watch Mr. Manwalkingdownthestreet."

Many valuable things in a high tech world do not weigh a lot, in fact Advancement seems to place great value on the ability to make things tiny and lightweight, so I don't think it is underpowered by any means.

That's pretty good. The only thing/situation you need to worry about is whether or not it works on other nova's attuned objects and Eufiber.

Eufiber I'd rule out since we consider it part of the attuning nova for most other situations.

My thought is that it doesn't work against real Eufiber period (since it is not really an inanimate object technically), but can work against the fake stuff and attuned items, maybe defended with a Quantum + Attunement roll? Defender's successes subtracting from the 'thief's' successes?

Mega Atts dont give auto successes.

Maximum Successes

Perception 5 = 5

Mega Percpetion 5 = 15

Power Rating 5 = 5

Quantum 5 = 5

yeah I forgot the auto from Quantum. So 30 kg max at Q5 PR 5. At Q 10, PR 10, Per 10 M Per 10 you would have a max of 60 kg.

But with Q10 you can Planck Scale so yeah I see your point... better ways to "summon" ::tongue

Finalized unless anyone else has any comments or corrections.

Pickpocket

Level: 2

Q-Min: 2

Dice Pool: Perception + Pickpocket

Range: Line of Sight or Special

Area: N/A

Duration: Instant

Effect: Bring perceived inanimate objects to your possession.

Multiple Actions: Yes

Description: This power allows a nova to fetch inanimate objects within his perceived visual senses to himself. To use this power, the nova must be able to see the target, either through normal human vision or some other quantum-enabled method, (e.g. EM Vision or High-End EM Scan.) The appropriate quantum points are spent and the nova rolls Perception + Pickpocket. The number of successes achieved, in addition to a number of automatic successes equal to his quantum score, must equal or exceed the weight of the object desired in kilograms. This is an 'all or nothing' power, should the nova fail to achieve the needed successes, the attempt fails. 'Part' of the object cannot be 'pocketed' with a partial success. Furthermore, the nova cannot target attuned authentic Eufiber. However, synthetic Eufiber and attuned items may be Pickpocketed, although the attempt is resisted with a Quantum + Attunement roll, the defender's successes subtracting from the would-be thief's successes.

• 1 month later...

Somewhere on the forums, I made a level 3 power called "Conjuration" (or something like that) that included a technique like this, only with a higher limit.

<edit> it's in that big thread, http://www.eononline.net/forums/index.php?...opic=190&st=390 My technique limits you to a number of items equal to the successes rolled, or your attunement limit, whichever is lower.</edit>

Archived