Trinity Universe: BackLash: San Diego - OOC

Expendable

April 9th, 2004 - At 1:17 PM, Noel Morton, a.k.a. the "Mighty Mentat" and his partner, Denis Boyer, a.k.a. "The Brawler", minor Baltimore Nova criminals, attempted to rob the downtown branch of NovaOne Bank. A silent alarm got tripped, police responded. 1:39 PM - No less that three novas, two wearing capes and powers unknown charged past police lines to tackle the criminal duo. 1:44 - a massive explosion of unknown origin rips through the bank like a nuclear blast, creating a blast crater and knocking over skyscrapers like a pile of blocks for miles. Casualties number in the thousands. Novas outside the city report feeling a massive quantum spike.

April 11th, 2004 - a preliminary report suggesting that two or more of the novas fighting in the bank may have over-extended themselves, triggering their mutual distruction and the blast that leveled the city is accidently released, triggering a backlash against the Novas.

April 26th, 2004 - Congress passes a bill that calls for removing American citizenship and deporting any Novas present and future from the United States. The President signs the bill into law at 1:44 PM following a moment of silence. Within hours, police departments across the US raid the offices of known Nova organizations, impounding membership lists and begin tracking down public novas.

May 10th, 2004 - police begin processing Novas who turn themselves in for deportation. They receive'fair market value for any property they hold and a one-way ticket to any country that will accept them. Many European nations announce they will accept expulsed Novas and their families without question.

June 6th, 2004 - Police begin raidng homes of known novas who failed to turn themselves in for deportation. While some co-operated, many Novas began resisting being forced out of their homes, rapidly esculating into violence.

June 9th, 2004 - Janet Marshall, the L.A. Angel, is shot down by police attempting to escape from custody at the Marshall home.

June 10th, 2004 - L.A. becomes the first 'node' in the Nova Underground 'Network'.

People, you all start as new novas who've erupted since April 26th, 2004. Before your eruption you were all normal people with normal lives. Something happens that changes all that - you erupted. If your eruption happened publically, you had no choice but to run. Others who erupted privately inadvertantly get discovered. Somehow you each received a help, a person who took you in. Armed with a disguise and false ids, you travel from one haven to another until you wind up in a small coffee shop/book store in San Diego, CA.

There are two nova alliances in the US - the Network, an underground group that hides Novas; and Nova-American, a protest group campaigning against the Anti-Nova law.

Chargen

1.0 Phase One: Human

1.1 Alliegences - Network, Nova-American (NA), Independant (you do not have aligned with Network for them to help you)

1.2 Attributes - you do not have to designate primary, secondary, etc. 15 points

1.3 Abilities - standard

1.4 Backgrounds - No more than 2 dots of influence, Eufiber x3 cost (illegal, hard to get)

1.5 Phase One Finishing Touches - standard

2.0 Phase Two: Nova

2.1 Origin - standard

2.2 Nova Points - standard 30 Nova points, Maximum of 5 points of starting taint.

2.3 Phase Two Finishing Touches - standard.

All characters must be approved by me. Any reasonable suggestion concidered

As I'm new at this, I'm limiting this to six people.

If you'd like to run a group in Backlash, talk to me about setting up a node in another city.

• 3 weeks later...

As my character is a lisenced and practicing doctor, my intention was to have him working for either a Veteran's hospital, or one of the Saint Somebody's hospitals in the San Diego area. I've been told by people who live there that La Jolla is the best spot for him to be living, so that he's within a short distance of the vet's hospital. That way, he's either taking the bus or driving his junker back and forth.

Archived