Adventure! RPG: Adventures of the Mystical and Mundane - OOC

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE: Attempted Catch

Thank you. I'd not considered that.

Hey, not a problem. Odo is pretty swell. Besides, he's good for two* things:

1. Thinkin' about them sciences and medicines.

2. Bein' big and strong.

So if even if I can't catch you, I can at least patch you up afterward.

*Being the target of racism is just a bonus ability!

I hope you got a bonus point for being a minority, especially in this day and age. For that matter being a women should do the same thing. Blacks and women can't vote, can't hold office, etc.

Nah, no bonus points, I don't think Odo was gonna run for mayor anyway. No big deal.

Nope. Your temporary Inspiration pool is equal to your permanent score unless you spent tranformation Points to increase it...

I went ahead and checked out your reference. it directly contradicts what i had thought...which is documented on Page 153. This is the way BlueNinja had been running things.

Although having a base pool of 10 makes Adventure! characters far more powerful starting out, considering dramtic editing (which may be of great use in tracking this creature before we leave this scene...).

one of the most beautiful women he's ever run across (recently EVER)

I hope Cottus doesn't mind me spilling a few beans but when it comes to social Atts the other players need to know what they are reacting to...like telling the actors how to move in front of a green screen or something (anyone remember when they were Blue??).

Anyways, take into account that the lovely lady is an Appearance 8...which makes her a notch above the Ophidian. Im guessing she has maxed style dice and a specialty as well. On the other hand the Ophidian is still scarier in terms of Intimidation.

(Don't kill me Cottus!)

Re: Who's the Prettiest of Them All?

First off, let me apologize for not already having an intro post up for Yuming. I got held up with the last batch of AR posts, and I (very irresponsibly) used up the rest of my free time getting a char submission ready for Backlash. Having gotten that out of the way: Yes, Yuming has App 8, the Sexy merit, and the Sex Symbol knack (don't have my sheet with me, and can't remember what her Style score or Intuitive score is, but they're both high), so she averages about 9 successes on App-based Seduction rolls, and around 5 on all the other App-based rolls. So yeah, she's probably the most attractive women currently walking the earth. But I don't want any of you guys to feel like you have to fall all over yourselves trying to react "appropriately" to that. The NPCs almost certainly should, but PCs, IMHO, should have a little more freedom in how they react to each other. It keeps things fresh and interesting.

So, in Trooper's case, he's 600 years old. Who's to say he hasn't met someone more attractive in all those centuries? And as for the rest of you, just go with what feels appropriate for your character. If it ever becomes an issue, I'll just hit you with 9 successes worth of Sexiness! ::wink

OK, it sounds like "recently" in this case means "the last 6 hundred years or so".

In theory he might have met someone who was relatively more attractive, i.e. back when he has a willpower of three he could have met someone who wasn't as good looking but had a bigger impact on him.

But yeah, it sounds unlikely. I won't edit what I put but I will have him review that view and decide she's the best looking gal he's *ever* met.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the lull guys. For those who don't know, I have my first child coming in a few weeks so I'm going nuts in a good way. I'll try to keep up with more regularity.
Yes, very, congradulations and many more. ::devil

And just so everyone knows, I was less than happy with my IC post, so it's been totally redone.

And just so everyone knows, I was less than happy with my IC post, so it's been totally redone.

And a much better post it is, too.

The original was... how do I put this nicely... Yawn City. This new version was much more enjoyable to read, which will be reflected in my own IC post (when I get home from work and have the time to finish it). Good job.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived