Adventure! RPG: Adventures of the Mystical and Mundane - OOC

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky, just an aside, you realize that on this site in another A! game there was a character named The Ophidian?

er...no, actually I did not. Why? Was it your character? Was it similar to mine? I don't make it a habit to go checking through past games when coming up with a character for a new one. Then again, Im not really surprised...the serpent is an ancient and popular symbol.

Update...

So I just went through the inactive Adventure games and found nothing. I then did a forum wide search looking for the Ophidian. The only relevant thing that came up was your character from Warlords of Tellus, Prince.

Several things to note... First of all the Ophidians in that game are a race of actual snake people. Second. Its not my fault that you couldn't come up with a name for the character besides what his race is called. Third, I consider Tellus to be more of a science fantasy setting a la Flash Gordon which, while pulp in wany ways is not the typical Adventure! setting.

Fourth and lastly, these two characters are *completely* different. Yours was a snake man assasin in the employ of a humanoid cat princess. My character is a human collector of arcane lore and antiquities inspired by the Followers of Set (From Vampire: the Masquerade).

::huh Do you have a problem with my character Prince? ::huh

He had big hands, an unplaceable accent...

"Where you from, Nash? You gotta funny accent."

"Lots of different places."

"Are you a faggot, Nash?"

"Why, Garfield? Cruisin' for a piece of ass?"

"I'll tell you what happened, Russell. You went down to that garage for a blow job. But you didn't want to pay for it."

"You're sick."

::laugh

Update...

So I just went through the inactive Adventure games and found nothing. I then did a forum wide search looking for the Ophidian. The only relevant thing that came up was your character from Warlords of Tellus, Prince.

Several things to note... First of all the Ophidians in that game are a race of actual snake people. Second. Its not my fault that you couldn't come up with a name for the character besides what his race is called. Third, I consider Tellus to be more of a science fantasy setting a la Flash Gordon which, while pulp in wany ways is not the typical Adventure! setting.

Fourth and lastly, these two characters are *completely* different. Yours was a snake man assasin in the employ of a humanoid cat princess. My character is a human collector of arcane lore and antiquities inspired by the Followers of Set (From Vampire: the Masquerade).

::huh Do you have a problem with my character Prince? ::huh

Wow! I simply made a small point that there was another character using the same name (I didn't even imply you should change yours) and you personnaly attack me by implying I'm not creative enough to come up with my own name? I just really don't have the time or energy to deal with this kind of drama.

I apologize for questioning you.

Shade, I am withdrawing from the game.

::blink Now that's ouch! And here I thought we were all (Shade included joking). OOC Im used to a lttle playful smack talking and was more in that mood since this is Shade's game. ::wacko

However, you seem to have become genuinely offended so I do offer my apology. It wasn't my intention to ruin the game for you. If you would rather duck out than play with me than go ahead and play in my place. ::indifferent

Ok I know for a fact that this is a reasonable misunderstanding. The damn "MONOTONE" nature of the play by text environment can easily cause these mishaps from time to time.

Hopefully this can be overlooked and we can move on with ALL of our players.

We can work it out...we can work it oooouuuuttt! ...Beatles....anyone? ::unsure

Agreed. It's just a game and supposed to be fun and light hearted...which is what the OOC thread is for. Unlike tabletops that can get severely and annoyingly disrupted by gamers breaking character into Monty Python quotes, here we have the luxury of going on and still having the IC thread stay "in mood."

Adam enters just in time to hear Iron-Masked man speak. He pauses on the threshold and evaluates the situation. To buy time he says,

I think it was the swagger man that was speaking actually. Iron Gimp just left the room.

And whats a reverse biz trip? Work makes a house-call?

Regarding the rather theatrical tone of my descriptions:

My character is, for lack of a btter term, a Mega-Social. He has an Appearance of 7 ( ::ohmy ) and Manipulation and Charisma scores of 6. Hence the more-than-human feel I am attempting to convey.

I am letting you all know this now, of course, since it takes some cooperation in the reactions of other's to properly portray that which is beyond our understanding. ie, a mega intellect gets more clues from the ST etc.

Not saying anyone needs to kiss me arse or anything, just thought y'all should know just how extreme his countenance is.

RE: Iron Mask

My bad. You'll right, he left. I'll edit the "iron" part out.

And whats a reverse biz trip? Work makes a house-call?
Yep, that's it exactly. And not just a "house call", dude comes to live with us for a few days while he's in town.
Regarding the rather theatrical tone of my descriptions:,,

My character is, for lack of a btter term, a Mega-Social. He has an Appearance of 7 ( ::ohmy ) and Manipulation and Charisma scores of 6. Hence the more-than-human feel I am attempting to convey.

Good Grief. And I'd thought I'd invested heavily when I'd gotten qualities in App and Chr (Handsom and Suave).

Wait, how is that possible? ::confused

P.S. And an interesting quirk happened as well. Because the forum always posts in proper chronological order, it put my post before Alex's. And because mine is now first, on the search page it lists me as the topic starter...

Sorry Alex! It was the software, honest! ::wacko

Good Grief. And I'd thought I'd invested heavily when I'd gotten qualities in App and Chr (Handsom and Suave).

Wait, how is that possible? ::confused

Sorry Alex, missed this one. As you may have surmised from my character's bio he is in the possesion (or does it possess him?) of a powerful Artifact...the Serpent Eye Saphire. This magickal jewel was said to be Set's prison for the ancient Egyptians Serpent of Darkness, Apep, aka the Serpent in the Garden, the Great Beguiler etc. Think of Al Pacino's Lucifer character from The Devil's Advocate. Sinister, yet hypnotically compelling and irresistably charming...

The stat buffs come from the medical enhancment rules, similar to how Potts created the Races of Tellus and some of the upgrades Li-Shen had in BlueNinja's Adventure! game...

hahaha, I wasn't thinking of him specifically, but he totally fits the image I had in my head. Okay, so Odo is a younger Michael Clark Duncan with dreads. Count it.

Also, it seems that I've jacked your text color Alex Green. So I'm gonna switch...to BROWN!

Oh, also, just clarification. My characters name, Odo, is not an African name. Its a fairly common German one.

Ok seriously...I just got goosebumps readign the last few posts. This whole scene is kicking butt in my opinnion. Seriously nice work everyone.

SkyLion Posted Today, 05:35 PM

Haha! Writing for the Ophidian makes me feel like I'm playing Call of Cthulhu... devilsmiley.gif scared.gif

I totally agree man. That last post was perfect. I'm patting myself on the back a touch as well (( I like my last post quite a bit )) but the whole exchange is seriously fantastic.

Lets keep it rollin! ::ultracool

Quick question: As a storyteller do you want me to wait until everyone can post during interactions...or can I post away as you struggle to keep up? lol

I think we shuold be patient to a degree. In our current scene for example, it would be somewhat strange to continue without Natashas input. I think I will just PM her and hope she checks her email soon...I know she doesnt have a regular net connection.

I agree. Even though I'm sitting at work with enough time on my hands to probably put up 20 posts a day, I think we should wait. That being said, we can't always wait a week for other responses. I mean, while it would be good to get her input, its pretty unlikely her character is going to respond with "No thanks, not interested" and walk out.

In the future though, I think it is in the best interest of the game that we not let it get too stalled because one player hasn't weighed in.

wow, so that post helped huh? I think my response boils down to "yeah, lets wait, unless it takes too long, but even then maybe we should wait. except we shouldn't."

As per the contract items. I'm not going to write one for you all...sorry.

Your salaries are decent. Just think, government contractor ((ie $500 toilet seat))

You do not have official "ranks" as you are not military you are civilian contractors.

If you take the time to weed through the contract with a fine tooth comb you may find a typo but nothing that sinister. They appear to be on the up and up.

Just so you all are aware. TO skip past that part in IC

The Ophidian is more concerned with security clearance and access. Government contracts have to specify clearance and he wants to make sure that The Spear of Longinus and other trinkets are more than just a carrot to be dangled perpetually in front of his nose...

..he is in this for access...

Archived