Trinity Universe: Attention adventure seekers

madcat82

Attention adventure seekers,

Since the dawn of the 18th century thanks to Sir

Edmund Halley, the civilized world have imagined

secret worlds reachable only through long and danger-

ous journeys. This is of course about the hollow earth

where riches and adventure is to be had for those

explorers brave enough to venture into its depths.

For those parties interested, pleas report to this

London address and ask for the Countess and

Inventress Claire Wollstonecraft.

This expedition is supported by the Aeon Society

for Gentlemen.

Nice to hear Shade, although there will be some time untill we start, namely in the middle of september.

The game will be set in 1937, a few years prior to the second world war, and is about an expedition into the hollow earth. Id like about four players for this, and I will expect a slow phase, around one to two responses a week.

Im also going to set up a wiki for this game, to see how things progress, where players will be able to add information for themselves and where I am going to put up info on locations and npc's. I will also try to make some programs to make my job easier, but we shall see how that will progress.

Any questions?

A wiki is the an internet site (for example) where visitors freely can add and delete content, such as wikipedia Prof.

As for telling you more, I have a sort of Indiana Jones meets Jules Verne thing working in my mind, where the characters shall preper the expedition, start and finish it. There is of course some more details around this not to mention Nazi's (everyones favorit villan), insaine scientists, deadlines (where dead realy means dead) and pre-historic monsters.

Honestly, Id prefer a bit more detailed questions :-)

Are we getting paid?

You put a price on discovery? On being part of the greatest moments of history?

Of course your getting paid ::biggrin

What kind of people have been invited?

Inventors, adventurers, archaeologists, rich dilettantes, basically anyone who can contribute anything to the expedition. This letter have circulated mostly in scholarly circles though, with some leaking out into the mainstream.

It should also be noted that a large part of the funding comes from the UK and US army, with rumors abounding that the Germans are preparing a similar expedition as well as the Red Army.

What kind of supplies are we getting access to?

Most stuff that is state of the art for the era, few expenses are speared. Do not expect military grade heavy weapons though (tank cannons, howitzers that sort of stuff, a machine gun could be negotiated though).

How do we know the Earth's hollow, and how are we planning on breaching the core?

Its actually a theory due to measurements in the fluctuation of the earths magnetic field.

There are currently three ideas for breaching the core, the first involves drilling through the outer shell. this is expected to take four days with a machine traveling at five miles per hour but there are of course some risks, mostly due to not knowing where one might end up (for example a lava flow). Then there is the controversial idea of using the hole in the north pole, which involves finding said hole first but should be a piece of cake after that and then of course, the third, going into the Bermuda triangle where Countess Wollstonecraft speculates there is a water-filled passage to the inner earth.

• 1 month later...

Well I'm not sure if I'll get to run a game myself. I don't know enough about adventure just yet, though I suppose it doesn't matter all that much.

I do enjoy telling stories!

Well lets wait to hear from Madcat...hopefully he has something brewing!

An old game I started on another site is starting up again, but this does sound interesting.

Well if nothing presents itself soon, I may follow you to another site, if possible and / or start me own. Yaar!

I don't know if you'd like my other game. It's freeform, no system. We're just writing a story one little bit at a time. A young woman, her memories destroyed and sentenced to eternal banishment is removed from the court room and transported into a holding bin for dirty laundry on board a starliner. She's taken in by the crew and a handful of passengers but someone from her home world has hired a notorious assassin to kill her - and a medical supply company wants her dna - If she belongs to the mythical race known as "the wanderers".

One of the passengers was an xenobiologist studying a species known as the "Destiny Squid" - who one day vanished. Completely. Not a trace of them anywhere. He got fired, spending his severence check on a year-long trip on a starliner when Jane Doe drops in his lap.

At the same time, a new traveler, a mercenary, is having problems of his own.

We could probably use a wiki to get the details straight.

The nice thing about the site though is you can start new threads yourself. But there's not a lot of people who visit.

A yahoo or google group might work for you. you get places to put maps and pics and files and all sorts of stuff.

Archived