Irrrrrooooon Maaaaannnnnnnnn!

Heritage

Looks like they are finally making a comic book movie that actually follows the comic...for once.

Possibly 'cos this is the first ever movie made by Marvel itself - i.e. they're paying for it (& thus retain complete creative control).

Come to think of it, as a shareholder I guess I actually own part of this thing... cool ::cool - get me a director's chair, stat! ::laugh

Edit: Hmmm... seems like that illegal trailer of yours has already been pulled, Heritage - guess I'll have to wait for the official one. ::wink

wow!

I watched both links as soon as they were posted.

It is truly amazing how with so much content they have enough people to screen for this kind of stuff.

And anyways I dont get it...how could a camcorder vid be breaking the law? They did the same thing with the Cloverfield teaser....taking down all the camcorder vids almost as soon as they were put up.

*sigh*

You just gotta be quicker on the draw there Potts...believe me the clip looks awesome...it really looks like they are sticking precisely to the comic at least as far as the origin goes. After he becomes iron Man I am sure there will be more liberties taken, since they aren't including the mandarin nor any other super powered villain so far as I know.

Most likely the antagonists will be people from the military-industrial complex after Stark has his "change of heart" (read: shrapnel). This is supported by his apparent skirmish with to F-14's.

This is the one thing that makes me wonder.

I am looking forward to the day when they stop presenting these movies as independant projects with independant stories set in separate universes. I want to see a movie with the full-on Marvel U. I want the Avengers, Fantastic 4, the X-Men, Spiderman, Daredevil, and the Village People all in one movie damnit!

wow!

I watched both links as soon as they were posted.

It is truly amazing how with so much content they have enough people to screen for this kind of stuff.

And anyways I dont get it...how could a camcorder vid be breaking the law? They did the same thing with the Cloverfield teaser....taking down all the camcorder vids almost as soon as they were put up.

*sigh*

You just gotta be quicker on the draw there Potts...believe me the clip looks awesome...it really looks like they are sticking precisely to the comic at least as far as the origin goes. After he becomes iron Man I am sure there will be more liberties taken, since they aren't including the mandarin nor any other super powered villain so far as I know.

Most likely the antagonists will be people from the military-industrial complex after Stark has his "change of heart" (read: shrapnel). This is supported by his apparent skirmish with to F-14's.

This is the one thing that makes me wonder.

I am looking forward to the day when they stop presenting these movies as independant projects with independant stories set in separate universes. I want to see a movie with the full-on Marvel U. I want the Avengers, Fantastic 4, the X-Men, Spiderman, Daredevil, and the Village People all in one movie damnit!

Just a few more bits of info:

1. Favreau has announced that the Mandarin is in fact the bad guy, updated for the world we live in today.

2. They have story material for at least another two movies (including Stark's alcoholism, War Machine and some other fun-sounding stuff) and he didn't want to try and cram it all into one film, so hopefully it's good and they make good sequels. All of the prinicipal performers have signed on for sequels.

3. Both Favreau and Downey are huge Iron Man fans, and are very excited about the movie. Downey especially pushed for the part because he felt his own struggles with substance abuse could bring a lot of realism to the part.

4. Favreau sees IM as being a politically ambitious "ultimate spy movie", with shades of Tom Clancy, James Bond and RoboCop.

This might be the best superhero movie we've seen in a looooong time. ::ultracool

The September issue of Empire magazine has ol' shellhead on the cover, & a big article on the film. Mandarin is mentioned, but 'Iron Monger' looks to be the major villain of the piece... although Iron Man does get to fight those jets as well. Tony's encounter with a land mine is moved from Vietnam to Afganistan (for obvious reasons) & might actually become a mortar explosion (both are mentioned in the article). The mag also has a half-page bit on the new 'The Incredible Hulk' movie too - not a sequel, but sort-of starting where the 'Hulk' movie left off (with Banner on walkabout). It also has a 'real' supervillian in The Abomination.

Archived