Aberrant: Aberrant (the faction) Game

Hyper-Focus

::huh Sky, why would I feel comfortable letting someone else take charge of showing everyone the personality and heart of a character that I gave birth to, who's alive in my mind?

I'm a writer and, to me, play-by-post RP on EON is a writer's exercise. That doesn't mean I put more effort into it than anyone else here, and clearly a post where Glacier rips into a gang of 'Mitoids isn't necessarily something I'd want to send to the New Yorker, but it is why I'm here [that, and 'cause I f*cking love it]. The characters I create feel very real to me, and very different from the characters that someone else creates.

So I'd very much prefer a situation where Amber's under my control, even if she plays a bit part as a result.

Still, I also don't want to bring her in as a second PC main character. It would draw attention away from all of your roleplaying and give me undue 'stage time.'

If we can't come up with a good IC reason for Amber [or Carlo] not to be in center stage, I'll just make a new character. That's no big deal at all - I have several ideas ready to come out of the oven. But I don't want to compromise a character I'm already pretty invested in by letting someone else take over.

Any questions? ::unsure ::sly

Thanks for the clarification. And to be fair a woman is a bit more complex than an (albeit sentient) tiger. Asura didnt actually speak.

Why not just make her a non-combat type rather than an Elite...or would that compromise the integity of the idea for you? If so I understand. I have characters that I won't budge on too! ::smile

• 2 months later...
Any chance you wanna take another PC? I've only really done a cursory look over everything, but this game looks pretty cool and I need to get my RP fix, it's been too long.

So, you got room for me?

Boy do I ever wish he did!

This forum has been inactive for some time (if you hadn't noticed...). I have sent several PMs AND actual emails to HyperFocus as have at least one other person here and *very* sadly have gotten no response...

Not even an "I hate this forum and you guys suck" or "sorry but I got too busy."

I know it happens but its frustrating when someone doesnt even have the nerve to tell us before dissappearing completely with no warning...guess my feathers are a bit ruffled cuz I was really (and still am) looking forward to playing in this one.

Heres hoping.

--IDEA!--

Maybe if *all* of us sent him emails and PMs he might just check back in and say hi, when he realizes we are high and dry...

Yeah, I got really excited, posted, then realized how long it had been inactive before. Damn.

I'm just trying to get into a game!

Well then!

What are you looking for?

Currently on this site Blue Ninja is running a Trans-D game and it is moving albeit sluggishly. I haven't heard from Cottus for awhile so maybe there would be a slot open if he drops out.

Shade Sentinel is also starting up an Adventure! game that may or may not have room.

On Nprime.net we have another Time-spanning Aberrant game that has kept moving and remained stable for quite some time now. Definitely looking for new members for that one all the time.

Also moving sluggishly is our Baalt game at aberrantprime. This is a more difficult story to get involved in becasue of the extremely homebrewed setting and 20 years of its history with the ST across many game systems. Looks like it should be picking up speed again here quite shortly...

And yeah! We hope that Potts and Hyper-Focus come back. I recently sent out some PMs to both of them just checking in but as usual they seem to merely ignore them...sigh...oh well...

I sent Blue Ninja a message asking if I could join in, we'll see what happens there...

I'll definitely check out those other sites, I'm just looking to do some good rp'ing.

I've never played Adventure before and I'm not willing to invest in buying any of the books, how complicated a transition would it be from Aberrant? Can I find the books online?

I sent Blue Ninja a message asking if I could join in, we'll see what happens there...

I'll definitely check out those other sites, I'm just looking to do some good rp'ing.

I've never played Adventure before and I'm not willing to invest in buying any of the books, how complicated a transition would it be from Aberrant? Can I find the books online?

Its not a complicated transition at all. Its the same format. Some of the starting points are different and a few skills are arranged differently but you still have willpower, transformation points to buy powers and upgrades and the quantum like Inspiration score.

From there the differences are flavor based..like spending Inspiration points for dramatic editing.

Yes the book (there is only one) is available online. The main thing to know whether its worth it or not is how much you understand and would enjoy playing a pukp-genre game. IMHO this is the coolest pulp game on the market! On the other hand, Blade90 has only a passing familiarity with the genre and he is playing...

We also have an online DnD game if you are into that. Post up if you want more deets....

Alright, give me a few minutes and I'm gonna try to get in on that Adventure game. I'll try to do some studying up and get with it pretty quick.

And yes, I'd be very interested in a D&D game. Thats my roots right there and it'll always hold a special place in my heart. So, what I'm sayin is, gimme dem deets.

Alright, give me a few minutes and I'm gonna try to get in on that Adventure game. I'll try to do some studying up and get with it pretty quick.

And yes, I'd be very interested in a D&D game. Thats my roots right there and it'll always hold a special place in my heart. So, what I'm sayin is, gimme dem deets.

Hyper-Focus doesn't love us anymore... ::cry

Here is a list of reccomended viewing as well:

The Shadow

The Phantom

Sky Captain and the World of Tommorow

King King (Any version)

Leage if Extraordinary Gentlemen (set before the pulp are but with it's sense of wild adventure)

Indiana Jones

Hellboy

Dick Tracy

ummm...theres got to be more out there...help me out people!

Re: DnD

Go here:

http://www.sorcererdork.com/

and create an account. The sub-forum for our game is called So Dark the Light under the heading Forum Games.

Hyper-Focus doesn't love us anymore... ::cry

Here is a list of reccomended viewing as well:

The Shadow

The Phantom

Sky Captain and the World of Tommorow

King King (Any version)

Leage if Extraordinary Gentlemen (set before the pulp are but with it's sense of wild adventure)

Indiana Jones

Hellboy

Dick Tracy

ummm...theres got to be more out there...help me out people!

Re: DnD

Go here:

http://www.sorcererdork.com/

and create an account. The sub-forum for our game is called So Dark the Light under the heading Forum Games.

alright, i'm on it. thanks for the help man.

Archived