Aberrant: Quantum Zero - Quantum Zero - Truth & Justice

ProfPotts

Doctor Morgan seems a little overwhelmed by the flood of activity ::blink - especially the arrival of the two new team members - but (amongst many 'ums' & 'ahs' as she fails to get a word in edgeways) finally manages to answer some of the questions put to her...

"Yes, one other issue. Is the Bosnian government expecting us? And how do we handle visas or entry restictions if we fly or warp over; do we have to go through airport customs first?"
"There are, of course, some specifics that I will need before I will be able to conceive a suitable design. Both Haunt and Gossamer's questions are valid too. Will we need to acquire our own translator, or will one be provided? My Serbo-Croatian is a bit rusty, I'm afraid... May I assume that since this part of an ongoing rebuild effort, the government will already be expecting us, and that T2M has arranged proper paperwork and transportation?"

'Well,' begins the good Doctor, 'as you know Team Tomorrow is sanctioned by United Nations mandate - as active members you have the authority to enter any UN country as needed in the performance of your duties: you don't need to stop to fill in paperwork. Likewise you can enter private property & the like if you have reason to do so - such as if you have good reason to suspect the presence of illegal "black tech" the policing of which, of course, falls under Project Utopia's mandate as well. You basically have police powers, for certain types of incident (such as black tech & other Nova related crime, disaster relief, & the like) on a world-wide basis. It's quite a responsibility...'

Doctor Morgan trails off, seemingly lost in thought for a moment, before her attention snaps back to the here & now...

'Ah... anyway, as... um... "Doc Impossible"... reminded us, this is part of an ongoing effort - not only do you have the Bosnian government's blessing to be there, they're expecting you to be there.'

'As far as a translator is concerned, there will be a Project liason to meet you on-site - but as mentioned earlier, the area is abandoned, there shouldn't be any locals to worry about: just a select few members of the global media & the Bosnian government who have been invited along to watch your efforts... at a safe distance, of course. One of the reasons this site was chosen for this development was precisely because it is so deserted: you'll have plenty of room to use your talents to their full extent with little fear of harming innocent bystanders.'

"Angel has a pair... of questions. When are we supposed to leave and what will we be bringing with us?"

'Right...' Doctor Morgan's eyes dart between Angel & Bridger, obviously unsure who to address the response to. She seems to settle on Angel... then just sort of stares stupidly... Finally the poor baseline woman looks down at her notes instead, '... ah... you're to leave as soon as you see fit - I'm sure Doc Impossible has already worked out at least a partial time frame for the operation... as for what you'll be taking with you... well, that's sort of the point: just what you can get people to donate. Well that, your Team Tomorrow ID cards, & Team Tomorrow communicators, obviously.'

The Novas recognise the items Doctor Morgan was refering to: their official, credit card sized, biometric, Nova-tech encrypted, Team Tomorrow identification card which acts as both official identification (like a police badge) as well as an electronic pass card into Project Utopia facilities world-wide. It can even be swiped through any commercial pay-phone or pay-OpNet station to instantly connect to Project Utopia, or used at an ATM to withdraw emergency expenses. The communicators are ear-piece devices which provide a similarly well-secured link to world-wide communications - from a team tactical channel to commercial cell-phone networks to radio to the OpNet (audio only); they're activated with a simple tap to turn on or off, then with a sophisticated verbal interface. Both items were issued to each of the characters along with their uniforms.

"Beaucoup d'excuses for interrupting your lessons. What is the subject?"

'Mission briefin', luv,' respons Hunter, taking another drag of his fag, 'now why don't you slip out o' that parka & let us get a real look at yer...' ::sly

[bTW, considering that they're on an island North of Scotland, no-one's actually surprised to see Freestyle enter in cold weather gear: believe me, with the wind-chill up there it's needed all year round... ::wink On the other hand, Eufiber insulates as well as any cold weather gear anyway - basically it's comfortable in any climate.]

"Can we lie? The hardest part will be getting the first concessions from companies, if we tell them their competitors have already contributed it could help get things moving."

Hunter takes that question too,

'Well, I'm h'all for porkies & such myself... but you folks are meant to be above that... anyway, it'll just come back & bite you in th' h'end. Besides...' his gaze once more seems almost magnetically drawn to Lorena's... assets ::blush ... '... h'if you 'ave to lie, then I'm a piss poor judge of me fellow man...' ::devil

'What exactly were the criteria you mentioned regarding the size of the town, and the needed facilities? Or will we be given that information later?'

'Ah...' Doctor Morgan eloquently replies, '... we've prepared a file for Doc Impossible with all the relevant statistical data.'

[i'm kinda' hoping that the players won't need that information, just the characters... 'Papers & Paychecks' this ain't ::wink ]

'If you'd like my advice,' Thorn's voice comes from the rear of the auditorium as he enters, 'I'd suggest sending small teams to talk to the companies with the resources you'll need the most, & a clearance team to the site itself to start making way for new construction. The Doc here,' he nods to Shaun, 'should probably take a look at the site too - experience tells me that you only get so much information from the statistics: always a good idea to check things out yourself. Our American friend Bridger,' he nods to Jack, 'will have to do most of the transportation, since your hyperjet doesn't arrive until next week.' Stepping over to shake hands with the two new arrivals he adds, 'Those are just suggestions, of course - I'm needed back in Venice, so I'll leave you in the capable hands of Doc Impossible.'

As Thorn is talking, Hunter steps over to Haunt,

'Don't worry son,' he says quietly, 'I'll make sure you get some free samples for th' old dears back 'ome, h'okay?' ::wink

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Angel smiles at the newcomers. Such a large group! Her eyes drift back to Freestyle and she sighs quietly. Another fun person. It was official - she was part of the serious group again.

She stared somberly as Dr. Morgan mentioned the communicators. You'd think a group like Project Utopia would have a TTY communicator. But then most people's problems were fixed when they became Novas. And she could still hear. And do simple yes/no answers by tapping once for yes, twice for no on the communicator. And there was Jack. But what to do if he wasn't around....?

*Jack, tell them I need a whistle. On a chain. A bobbie's whistle is best.*

As Thorn is talking, Hunter steps over to Haunt,

'Don't worry son,' he says quietly, 'I'll make sure you get some free samples for th' old dears back 'ome, h'okay?' ::wink

Haunt beams down at Hunter, his milky eyes wide with genuine pleasure, and shakes Hunter's hand vigorously. "Thank you! Maybe my mother she comes to visit someone once we're real heroes."

Once the briefing is done, Pyotr looks over at Doctor Impossible. "If you have map, with some landmarks I can find this village to help Bridger make easy gate? So we can look around, maybe?"

Nodding politely and introducing himself when Jigsaw arrives, Beckett then goes back to watching the rest of the team interact and ask questions. A thoughtful look on his face, his eyes suddenly snap back into focus as he switches his gaze to Pyotr.

"If you have map, with some landmarks I can find this village to help Bridger make easy gate? So we can look around, maybe?"

"An excellent idea." He smiles. "Not right this instant, however." He raises his voice slightly, and stands. "Everyone, please. I need your attention for a moment. We'll be leaving in one hour. Please take this time to gather any personal or comfort items you'd like to take along, within reason. We will be spending a week there, after all. Bridger, just before we leave I will have Haunt scout the site to make things a bit easier. If anyone has any questions to ask me before we go, you'll find me in my lab. Thank you."

Nodding to each person in turn, he heads out of the briefing room and to his laboratory.

Jigsaw shakes Doc Impossible's hand and nods as the Doc makes his parting words.

Jack nods at what people say then says,

"And Angel will need a whistle for some reason, on a chain. A bobbie's whistle if possible."

The German-Italian raises an eyebrow and looks at Angel, seemingly exasperated at the thought of hearing a whistle chiming in his earphone every so often...

"If it's to communicate, can't we get you something a little more...sophisticated? Can you subvocalize? If not, can we get you a touchpad with a voice output for what you type?"

Jigsaw frowns

"Or maybe you'd prefer to use sign language? I can perhaps puzzle together an interpreter for you..."

"If it's to communicate, can't we get you something a little more...sophisticated? Can you subvocalize? If not, can we get you a touchpad with a voice output for what you type?"

Jigsaw frowns

"Or maybe you'd prefer to use sign language? I can perhaps puzzle together an interpreter for you..."

*Please tell him no, just the bobbie's whistle, thank you,* Angel sent, smiling sadly at Jack and then glancing over at Jigsaw, letting a trace of amusement spill into her mental 'voice' and a gleam in her eyes.*Make that two whistles please. I may need another.*

Besides, anything electronic would be too fragile or too clumbersome and where do you get batteries in the middle of no-man's land? By the time she typed it out it could be too late. And sticking her fingers into her mouth to whistle would not be the kind of image Mr. Hunter would want to see on the cover of the Daily Sun. Nor would she.

Nodding politely and introducing himself when Jigsaw arrives, Beckett then goes back to watching the rest of the team interact and ask questions. A thoughtful look on his face, his eyes suddenly snap back into focus as he switches his gaze to Pyotr.

"An excellent idea." He smiles. "Not right this instant, however." He raises his voice slightly, and stands. "Everyone, please. I need your attention for a moment. We'll be leaving in one hour. Please take this time to gather any personal or comfort items you'd like to take along, within reason. We will be spending a week there, after all. Bridger, just before we leave I will have Haunt scout the site to make things a bit easier. If anyone has any questions to ask me before we go, you'll find me in my lab. Thank you."

Nodding to each person in turn, he heads out of the briefing room and to his laboratory.

Haunt nods excitedly - "Kool!" and dashes off to organise food (peanut butter sandwiches) and some camping gear.

Jigsaw shakes Doc Impossible's hand and nods as the Doc makes his parting words.

The German-Italian raises an eyebrow and looks at Angel, seemingly exasperated at the thought of hearing a whistle chiming in his earphone every so often...

Jigsaw frowns

Jack listens to Jigsaw, looks at Angel, and then replies,

"Make that two whistles." ::innocent

"As for me, I'm going to rest until we need to leave. It sounds like I'll be busy."

Jack listens to Jigsaw, looks at Angel, and then replies,

"Make that two whistles." ::innocent

Jigsaw looks at Angel and shrugs

"Suit yourself, Lassie."

"As for me, I'm going to rest until we need to leave. It sounds like I'll be busy."

"Thanks"

Lukas looks at the others in the room and grins

"Well, looks like this is our first mission together...where do you think you're going to be placed?"

Saadet felt completely out of place, and it was a feeling that was completely foreign to her. Her mind had drifted during the briefing, glancing around at her new 'teammates'. She had never really been on a team, hadn't really never realized it until now. And that wasn't the only thing that was bothering her. Her whole life, the one bright spot, the one thing that she could always rely on, was that she was always the most beautiful girl in the room. It hadn't always made things easy, but it had always been true. Now, even though she was more beautiful than 99.9% of the world population, here, she was no more than average. And this project, she had no idea what to do; her life to this point had consisted of school, dancing, and hanging out on the beach with her friends. She didn't know how to do what they were asking her, and it scared her.

Hearing the others discuss their plans momentarily broke her from her thoughts, and she made her way over to Lukas and the others,

"Uhm, I think maybe it would be best for me to be part of the cleanup crew. I think maybe, I could use the wind to help..."

"Well, looks like this is our first mission together...where do you think you're going to be placed?"

The slight smile faded from Angel's lips. She was here to serve. Probably part of the charity group, at least until they got what they needed.

'Well, I'm h'all for porkies & such myself... but you folks are meant to be above that... anyway, it'll just come back & bite you in th' h'end. Besides...' his gaze once more seems almost magnetically drawn to Lorena's... assets ::blush ... '... h'if you 'ave to lie, then I'm a piss poor judge of me fellow man...' ::devil

Lorena did her best to pretend she didn't notice Hunter's leer, and all things considered she probably did a half-way decent job of it (she was more than capable of masking her emotions when she felt the need, but she felt that being open with others was the better course of action - in most cases anyway), but she felt very uncomfortable all the same. Being a nova, especially a nova with a superhumanly strong and durable frame, meant that she didn't suffer any of the usual physical problems that a woman with... assets ::blush ... like her's would normally have. But unfortunately it didn't do anything to fix the social problems that they caused. Lorena wasn't sure she'd ever really get used to her new body.

When Doctor Morgan answered her question she nodded but said no more, she'd more or less expected that would be the case, but felt the need to ask just to be safe. She listened attentively throughout the rest of the lecture, as well as to Thorn's advice and Beckett's speech.

Lorena was about to make her way over to the new female member of the team to speak with her (she'd seen Arielle on TV more than once, having followed the careers of most female athletes she was aware of, as they had been an inspiration to her as a former female athlete herself), when the other new member approached and asked the group:

Lorena laughed and said, 'Well, I suppose for now I'll probably be assigned to help gather resources. But I've never done any construction work before, so once we get down to the project itself, I'm sure I'll be doing most of the heavy lifting. I wouldn't be much good for anything else I don't think.'

Lorena laughed and said, 'Well, I suppose for now I'll probably be assigned to help gather resources. But I've never done any construction work before, so once we get down to the project itself, I'm sure I'll be doing most of the heavy lifting. I wouldn't be much good for anything else I don't think.'

"Well at least we won't have to beg them for a bulldozer..." ::wink

"Well at least we won't have to beg them for a bulldozer..." ::wink
Aušrinė gave him a faux-dirty look, but couldn't conceal the glimmer of amusement in her eyes and said, 'Oh, very funny! So now you're saying I look like a bulldozer are you?' ::glare ::tongue ::wink

Jack says,

"Next to cameras in the middle of things, probably in the town. Seriously, where ever I am will be the transportation hub, so that will be the place to set up cameras to catch all of us in action."

Haunt quickly returns to the briefing room, grinning wildly and carrying a small blue and white knapsack filled with food (a french loaf peaks out of one of the not quite closed pockets). He proceeds to pop open a battered laptop covered in stickers (faded and peeling, but some still clearly identifiable as supporting Russian metal bands that never quite made it to 'one-hit-wonder' status).

Placing the laptop on the table he opens a series of programs, fiddles around with several settings, adjusts his T2M com unit and says

"Open OpNyet."

"Open Bookmark"

"Locate Bosnia."

"Locate Bosnia."

"Open Bosnia."

"нет! Klose that!" ::blush

Some mad typing and studying map details later he is ready.

He looks about just in case anyone else has assembled while he was otherwise occupied.

As Beckett made introductions on their behalf, Lorena waved at their sporty-looking new teammate and smiled.

Arielle smiled back, though even she felt a little intimidated by Lorena. It felt like being in same room as a god, the way her presence filled the room. Arielle recognized her, of course, since information and files were circulated to all Rashoud facilities. Apparently she had the strength of a god as well. Arielle smiled to herself, a bit mischeviously, remembering the circumstances of her own eruption. Well she sure seemed friendly, Arielle thought, as she reminded herself that underneath the surface, Lori had been a normal person just like the rest of them. *God, what must that be like?!* she wondered, even as she noticed the attentions of Hunter...

'Mission briefin', luv,' respons Hunter, taking another drag of his fag, 'now why don't you slip out o' that parka & let us get a real look at yer...' ::sly

*Ugh...what a greaseball* she thought, noticing the piggish leer smeared all over his mug. Nonetheless she smiled back warmly. *Best not to go offending people you just met Ari...especially if you have to work with them.*

Being inside, she does take his advice, unzipping her heavy outer coat and draping over the back of her chair. Her body was lithe and compact, yet a close observer would notice that her frame was solidly put together like only an Olympian could be. Her eruption had emphasized those traits, toning her perfectly in some areas, and softening her curves in others. Her beauty seemed so unassuming, which made it even more powerful. She was the perfect girl-next-door. All of this was complemented by the long sleeved red sweatshirt which clung flatteringly to her torso, its v-neck revealing the t-shirt layered beneath.

Hunter continued to make a pig of himself in the way he looked and talked about Lori. As only another woman could, Arielle noticed the way Lori deflty concealed her discomfort. Yeah, it probably had been difficult for her, all things considering...her own trouble with the paparazzi probably paled in comparison. She made a mental note to share some girl-talk time with her new teammate later...

She listens to the rest of the briefing, at one point speaking up to inquire about the neccesity of some kind of machine shop for tooling and a mill to process gathered lumber for constuction. She also asks several pointed questions about the medical needs of the area, and whether or not they will be bringing any medicine supplies to the surrounding communities.

Gossamer shrugs, and her hair tendrils form two thick limbs that flex into a classic 'Muscle Beach' pose.

"I'm not sure yet, probably helping Lori with the big bulky stuff."

She looks over her shoulder in the general direction of Hunter and grins wryly.

"That or seducing suppliers and contractors into giving us free labor and materials; I'm not sure where my strengths lie yet." ::sly

Stelle turns back to Jigsaw and holds out her hand.

"It's nice to meet you, by the way; forgive my rudeness, but I have a lot of overpriced things to sort through to whittle it down to the essentials."

She nods and gives him a warm smile, then starts to head out of the room; as she passes Ari, she gently lays a hand on her arm and greets her in excellent prep school French.

"Welcome to the team, Arielle."

In about thirty minutes, Estelle returns with a chic leather carry-on bag over one shoulder, and what looks suspiciously like a guitar case strapped on her back; she's also holding a small amp in both hands like a purse. She shifts nervously from foot to foot, her expression and demeanor suggesting a girl waiting to go on her first big date.

"Well, I'm as ready as I'll ever be." ::blush

"And Angel will need a whistle for some reason, on a chain. A bobbie's whistle if possible."

'Right,' quips Hunter, 'I'll just pop back to the bleedin' Victorian era & get one for yer...' he shakes his head, 'Th' 'igh-tech not good enough then..?' ::rolleyes

She nods and gives him a warm smile, then starts to head out of the room; as she passes Ari, she gently lays a hand on her arm and greets her in excellent prep school French.

"Welcome to the team, Arielle."

"Bonjour! ::biggrin ...ehm, Estelle? ::blush Would you mind showing me to our quarters? I haven't yet been given the tour... ::blush "

"Bonjour! ::biggrin ...ehm, Estelle? ::blush Would you mind showing me to our quarters? I haven't yet been given the tour... ::blush "

(OOC: slight time fudging here)

Estelle is more than happy to show Ari the way to the team quarters before excusing herself to go pack.

Harald mostly is quiet through the class and briefings, not voicing any questions. Taken slightly aback at the sudden reality of the work he signed up to do he loses himself in his own thoughts, trying to see and describe his own possible role in the task at hand. As the Scotsman calls for attention he looks, up, thankful for a sense of purpose.

He [Doctor Impossible] raises his voice slightly, and stands. "Everyone, please. I need your attention for a moment. We'll be leaving in one hour. Please take this time to gather any personal or comfort items you'd like to take along, within reason. We will be spending a week there, after all. Bridger, just before we leave I will have Haunt scout the site to make things a bit easier. If anyone has any questions to ask me before we go, you'll find me in my lab. Thank you."

Nodding at the plan, the young Norwegian stands and goes to pack, quickly filling his backpack with a few changes of clothes, a book or two, and the simple travel essentials of an experienced backpacker. Shouldering the bag, he comes to knock on Sean's door a short while later. As soon as the knock is answered, he enters.

He takes a breif look around the room before leaning against a desk or counter, arms crossed over his chest as he addresses the scientist.

"Hey... This can probably wait, but what the hell. Have you given much thought to how we can best use the various resources on the team? I tried figuring out where I'd be the most useful, and I guess on the ground as a sort of support person. You know, making sure the working conditions are good, testing the structures, keeping the whole project in tune with the local ecology and environmentally sustainable. That sort of thing. What did you have in mind?"

Aušrinė sauntered off to her room after excusing herself from the conversation to pack her things. She returned a short while later with a surprisingly small carry-on sized bag in her hand and rejoined the others.

When Stelle came back into the room Lorena laughed. 'Wow', she said with a big smile on her face, 'You really pared it down to the essentials didn't you?' ::wink

Aušrinė gave him a faux-dirty look, but couldn't conceal the glimmer of amusement in her eyes and said, 'Oh, very funny! So now you're saying I look like a bulldozer are you?

Lukas bursts out in laughter

"Hey, if you're a bulldozer then someone had better get me a blue shirt and hard hat!" ::wink

Jack says,

"Next to cameras in the middle of things, probably in the town. Seriously, where ever I am will be the transportation hub, so that will be the place to set up cameras to catch all of us in action."

Jigsaw nods politely

"Well hopefully we'll still be able to have you inside with us, inside the news perimeter."

Gossamer shrugs, and her hair tendrils form two thick limbs that flex into a classic 'Muscle Beach' pose.

"I'm not sure yet, probably helping Lori with the big bulky stuff."

She looks over her shoulder in the general direction of Hunter and grins wryly.

"That or seducing suppliers and contractors into giving us free labor and materials; I'm not sure where my strengths lie yet." sly.gif

Stelle turns back to Jigsaw and holds out her hand.

"It's nice to meet you, by the way; forgive my rudeness, but I have a lot of overpriced things to sort through to whittle it down to the essentials."

Jigsaw's eyes widen at the flexing hair tendrils but he nevertheless shakes the nova's hand.

"Impressive! Please do, I should go as well..."

He nods at the remaining people in the room and heads to his room.

Angel frowned, walking over to Jack Bridger.

*Jack?* she asked mentally, *Didn't Hunter say something about the marketting people being next? Is that where people are going?*

On the way out of the room, Jack sends back,

*I think the jackass man with the mouth is the marketting people and people are leaving to do research and pick up gear and the like. Personally I'm going to try to recharge, I'll likely be the rate limiting step in this thing.* ::biggrin ::wink

Nodding at the plan, the young Norwegian stands and goes to pack, quickly filling his backpack with a few changes of clothes, a book or two, and the simple travel essentials of an experienced backpacker. Shouldering the bag, he comes to knock on Sean's door a short while later.

From the other side of the door, he can hear Shaun's response. "Come in!"

As soon as the knock is answered, he enters. He takes a brief look around the room before leaning against a desk or counter, arms crossed over his chest as he addresses the scientist.

Harald's glance around the room is vaguely disappointing. The room, large as it is, seems like any other laboratory one might have seen, though better equipped than most thanks to Utopia funding. What appears to be different inventions in various stages of assembly take up most of the available counter-space. At the far end of one long table he sees Shaun, poking at his laptop screen with the tip of a stylus. Glancing up, he smiles and waves Harald over, closing the laptop's lid as the other nova walks over.

"Almost done. How may I help you?"

"Hey... This can probably wait, but what the hell. Have you given much thought to how we can best use the various resources on the team? I tried figuring out where I'd be the most useful, and I guess on the ground as a sort of support person. You know, making sure the working conditions are good, testing the structures, keeping the whole project in tune with the local ecology and environmentally sustainable. That sort of thing. What did you have in mind?"

Standing up, Shaun starts to move around the room as Harald talks, picking up odds and ends from around the laboratory and putting them into a battered leather messenger bag, along with his laptop. As Harald finishes, he glances up at a clock behind Harald's head. "Mm. Time to be going. Please, walk with me; I'll try to answer your questions on the way." He slings the bag over one shoulder and tucks it behind his hip in a practiced manner, and gestures for the other nova to go out the door before him. As the metal door hisses shut behind him, he removes a small fob from his pocket and points it at the door. Pressing a button, the door beeps in response. He continues walking, talking at the same time.

"I have some ideas in mind, yes. I won't know specifically which will work out best until we're actually on site, but I can at least tell you what I plan for you. There is a very good chance of powering this new town with almost entirely natural energies. Solar, wind, and water from the nearby river should all work together very well, and you can certainly help with that. I also expect your assistance with talking to the local flora and fauna, letting them know that the timber industry will be coming back; but with a closer eye towards replenishing as much as is taken. Of course, your first job, along with some others, will be helping clear the site of any detritus or remains of the old town. In a responsible manner, of course. We may be able to use some of the wreckage for the rebuild itself. Does that help answer your questions?"

Stopping just outside the door, he smiles again. "Either way, I look forward to working with you. Shall we?" He steps inside, and waits for everyone's attention before addressing all of them. "Hello all. I see everyone is ready? Good. Haunt, please scout the location for Mr. Bridger here; Jack, say when."

Arielle thanked Estelle for showing her the way up. With her possessions still in the French Alps (and the all-important music playlists on her mobile-comp tucked safely in her Eufiber), there was little for her to do save satisfy her curiosity. She walked slowly about her room, running her fingers across the antique wood, and soaking up the ambience of the stone walls. Of course, it wasn't the first castle she had seen, not by far. Switzerland possessed magnificent palace-like fortresses, come to life as if out of a story book. In contrast, Midieval castles seemed foreboding and cold. She reached out to touch the wall. *Huh!...tha's clever* The Project had modernized the facilities, including adding radient heating behind the stones. Hopefully it would contain a modern bathroom as well!

Her curiosity now piqued, Arielle continued, eventually making her way to the roof battlements. Leaping from one crenelation to the next she gazed across the ocean, squinting her eyes slightly in the all-pervasive grey light that seemed to wash over everything. She would have to ask Herald to do something about the so-called British "weather" when they got back. She smiled at the thought. He could sure brighten her day all right! What a hottie...

After wandering a bit more, she finally finds her way to the kitchen where she proceeds to turn out the cupboards and iceboxes. With this many Novas they were bound to have some seious pantries. *Mon Dieu, but I'm famished!* After scrounging for munchies and any leftover breakfast, she finally decides on toasting an entire loaf of bread. She coats each slice with butter, peanut butter, chocolate syrup, baby marshmallows, chopped cashews and maple nut granola, all of which takes mere seconds after the toasters pop. The ensemble loaded onto a try, she grabs a gallon of milk in her other hand and proceeds to make her way back to where the others have gathered.

"Bon Jour all! I brought snacks!"

Stopping just outside the door, he smiles again. "Either way, I look forward to working with you. Shall we?" He steps inside, and waits for everyone's attention before addressing all of them. "Hello all. I see everyone is ready? Good. Haunt, please scout the location for Mr. Bridger here; Jack, say when."
(OOC: I assume this is after our hour of rest and/or getting things together.)

Jack says,

"Whenever everyone is ready."

(OOC: I assume this is after our hour of rest and/or getting things together.)

Jack says,

"Whenever everyone is ready."

Haunt nods, and lets his eyelids flicker closed... and then he's free once more - invisible to all - and flickering effortlessly through every barrier at the speed of thought...

Landmarks... flashing past.

He circles the designated area, flys upward and looks down across it, searches for life all about it, even pressing his senses hard, just in case there are other threats lurking there.

Haunt nods, and lets his eyelids flicker closed... and then he's free once more - invisible to all - and flickering effortlessly through every barrier at the speed of thought...

Landmarks... flashing past.

He circles the designated area, flys upward and looks down across it, searches for life all about it, even pressing his senses hard, just in case there are other threats lurking there.

Angel glanced around at the rest. Not knowing what to bring, she tucked some toiletry items and her sign language book in a messenger bag and brought that with her. But then there wasn't much else she had, except for a torn bloody shirt wrapped in paper in her closet. Nobody had said if they were coming home at night or staying there. Hopefully someone would remember food.

Saadet glanced around at the others as they waited. She hadn't really known what to pack, and really wasn't sure how to pack anymore. Since her change, she had no need for makeup, in fact it actually made her look less attractive now, and no amount of hairspray seemed to keep her hair in place with that constant wind to blow it around. And clothes, well supposedly this eufiber uniform could be be made to look like whatever she wanted. Still, she'd packed some 'night on the town' clothes just in case in the small duffel bag, along with a couple of books if things got real boring.

Not knowing what to do, and feeling a bit out of place, she smiled nervously at Angel, and waited...

Saadet glanced around at the others as they waited. She hadn't really known what to pack, and really wasn't sure how to pack anymore. Since her change, she had no need for makeup, in fact it actually made her look less attractive now, and no amount of hairspray seemed to keep her hair in place with that constant wind to blow it around. And clothes, well supposedly this eufiber uniform could be be made to look like whatever she wanted. Still, she'd packed some 'night on the town' clothes just in case in the small duffel bag, along with a couple of books if things got real boring.

Not knowing what to do, and feeling a bit out of place, she smiled nervously at Angel, and waited...

Angel sighed. What was taking so long? Her stomach was tying itself into knots as they waited.

Someone was smiling at her, she realized. Saadet. Angel blushed slightly and gave her a shy smile back.

'please lord, make me worthy of this task,' she thought to herself.

Glancing around the room with her tray of decadence, Arielle asks the others in her unbearably cute French accent..

"Is nonone interested in a pre-flight snack then?"

She offers her concoction to anyone interested, then proceeds to eat a slice herself. In spite of a pile of toppings that would make any craving pregnant woman blush, she manages the task quite well, taking neat but hearty bites and not spilling so much as a grain of granola.

Glancing around the room with her tray of decadence, Arielle asks the others in her unbearably cute French accent..

"Is nonone interested in a pre-flight snack then?"

She offers her concoction to anyone interested, then proceeds to eat a slice herself. In spite of a pile of toppings that would make any craving pregnant woman blush, she manages the task quite well, taking neat but hearty bites and not spilling so much as a grain of granola.

Angel stared at Arielle's tray, crossing over and politely nodding, helping herself to one of the gooey toasted slices.

The peanut butter was a surprise. Of course, they'd have peanut butter. Kitchen must be crawling with health food as well as high-energy snacks. If only Arielle had used nutella instead... But there was something satisfying about the chocolate syrup and the gooey peanut butter. Or maybe it was the crunchy granola?

"Alo! Angel, is it? They tell me you cannot speak. That must be difficult for you I am sure, but please do not let that keep you from connecting. There is no need to feel shy..."

Her eyes are drawn naturally to Angel's extra appendages.

"Your wings are magnificent! Is it...would it be alright for me to feel them?"

"Alo! Angel, is it? They tell me you cannot speak. That must be difficult for you I am sure, but please do not let that keep you from connecting. There is no need to feel shy..."

Her eyes are drawn naturally to Angel's extra appendages.

"Your wings are magnificent! Is it...would it be alright for me to feel them?"

Angel stared at Arielle for a moment, then nodded, slowly extending her wings.

Angel stared at Arielle for a moment, then nodded, slowly extending her wings.

Arielle reaches up slowly, even hesitantly towards Angel's downy white feathers. Her expression is one of genuine awe, almost child-like.

As she runs her fingers across them she can't hide a smile that appears on her face. "They are so soft!" she says. "How wonderful a way to fly...I'm just a...a little glow-bug compared to you. It must feel good to stretch them, no?"

Archived