Trinity Universe: Mars OCC thread

BcAugust

First, the most important threads for original setting and character creation

Character creation

Setting

NPCs

This is basically where if you have rules questions, ideas for the setting, conversion notes and xp will be awarded.

Experience will be awarded once a week. Players are required to post at least twice a week in the IC threads for experience to be rewarded to their characters. At the current moment, I'm going to go with loose experience. However, I'm also thinking of awarding players according to a wish list. Any thoughts from my players?

Time counter: Current time, 7 days after landing

XP counter: 0

Personally, I'd prefer loose XP over a wish list, although I usually just end up spending xp on whatever skills/powers I've been using a lot lately.

Oh, and you misspelled OOC. :P We'll forgive you if you give us lots of XP though. ^_^

:P Oh, well. I misspell lots of things. Thank goodness for Firefox spellchecker.

Yay, XP! I assume we have to rp our xp expenditures? In which case we can't buy anything with them yet.... :P Too bad we don't get interest on xp we save up. :/

Actually, I usually ask you tell me what, then we'll negotiate, then it comes up in play:P. Besides, it's been a busy week for your characters, even if it hasn't been for you.

XP Awards: 3xp. That would be for Alex, Cottus, and Anon for posting this week. Where are the rest of you?

Similarly hectic. The good doctor should arrive soon, having been busy overseeing med and science lab and persoanlly handling much of his own specialized and proprietary equipment. In other words, Ive just been to busy to sit down and write an appropriate intro...

Hmm. After reading SkyLion's post I realize I should have added more text to stress Jack's Magnetic Charisma. Ah well, next time.

Actually, my original post was quite minimal...it took some proding from Bc for me to go back and make it more descriptive and literary.

But I *am* in the game now! WooHoo!

Even RL technology could generate artificial gravity for spaceships by simply putting a spin on things. Given the effects of zero-g on human bodies, on a year or two long trip, this is probably necessary.

As for Mars, as according to Google,

Gravity: .38 of Earth's

Quick question before I make another response: Have we developed any form of artificial gravity? Or were we weightless the whole trip? Also, Mars' gravity is about 1/3 of earth's, right?

Alex is pretty much right. There isn't an artificial gravity, but the ships spun. And all of you have a very strict exercise regime to follow to prevent bone loss. Of course, there's also the fact that your kids won't be "as strong" as if they were Earthborn, but well... that's one of the things you're here to deal with.

Re: Lucas's question.

Does Haneul have an idea of what's wrong with the ships?

While you haven't had any problems with your own flight, you've heard some of the other pilots complaining. No one's sure if it's a gauge problem or just faulty measurements, but since oxygen is the only thing wavering...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived