Trinity Universe: Landing Time pt 2

BcAugust

Huizhong seems slightly distracted, by the conversation with Lucas as she returns, though a small smile, and a voice pitched not to overhear. "They do seem annoying sure they don't need Earth, don't they?" A pause, then louder. "Well, we could always go with Peking or New Shangai." A sense of humor showing as she returns to Lucas's area.
Jack answers (to both statements),

"Yes." ::sly

Lucas smiles at her, his eyes meeting hers for just a second, before speaking. "Sorry to pull you from the party, but Huizhong here just brought the fact there seems to be an oxygen leak on the shuttles. I thought you might have a better idea what's going on."
Jack frowns and comments,

"That sounds bad."

Djavan shakes his head. "Jack is pushing for names for the domes. He wants American ones, of course." A shrug. "What can I say?"

Javier just shakes his head slightly.

"How about: the Mars project is greater than the petty concerns of nationalism. This is about the future of our species. If we want a shot at surviving the larger game of the Cosmos, we have to be bigger than just a single planet. From here, Earth is just a bright blue star in the sky. We would be better off naming the domes after the heroes of legend: Perseus and Odyseus. Or Herakles, Triton and Apollo."

Javier just shakes his head slightly.

"How about: the Mars project is greater than the petty concerns of nationalism. This is about the future of our species. If we want a shot at surviving the larger game of the Cosmos, we have to be bigger than just a single planet. From here, Earth is just a bright blue star in the sky. We would be better off naming the domes after the heroes of legend: Perseus and Odyseus. Or Herakles, Triton and Apollo."

A slight grin at that. "You could say all that. Me, I'll stick to making sure that people aren't frightened by a boogyman... though I'll be grateful when my wife gets here."

Russel easily finds a spot to sit, though the lack of a breeze is obvious here, the scent of the food very appetizing, especially since there's unlikely to be fuel for open fires for years. A few people say hi, most just wandering off to enjoy after a bit. One of the unattached females, Sharon Anglos, does ask about Izzy.

"Ishy's getting used to being planetside again. He was having too much fun bouncing off the walls while we were on the ship, it's taking him a little while to get used to having real gravity again. But at least when I let him out of his cage, he doesn't run around on the ceiling anymore."

Lucas smiles at her, his eyes meeting hers for just a second, before speaking. "Sorry to pull you from the party, but Huizhong here just brought the fact there seems to be an oxygen leak on the shuttles. I thought you might have a better idea what's going on."

"Oh!" says Haneul, looking both interested and concerned, "That! I have heard the others talking about that during the last few days. I haven't looked into it myself, but last I heard they didn't know what it was exactly that was causing the problem. The gauges read normal on the way down, but low on the way back up... I assumed they'd have the problem corrected by now."

"Ishy's getting used to being planetside again. He was having too much fun bouncing off the walls while we were on the ship, it's taking him a little while to get used to having real gravity again. But at least when I let him out of his cage, he doesn't run around on the ceiling anymore."

She smiles. "Well, yeah. I don't miss the lack of gravity... though really, it still feels heavy after the ship. Mind if I sit down?"

(Okay. Wrap up any posts by tomorrow, next thread start will be Friday. Sorry for the delay, been dealing a bit with real life.)

Lucas steps in. "It shouldn't take long to fix, but more importantly, we're working on it." His eyes, startlingly powerful, look into Hawk's. "I hope that panic can be avoided, not that I'm worried about such with you reporting." His gaze also falls over Jack and Huizhong, both of them feeling their backbones snap to attention. "You'll both have your chances to convince people to your view, but for now, I need the both of you a hundred percent behind us." A slight grin. "After all, for us to join, we all have to be alive." He stands there a moment further, the heroic leader looking over his men, before nodding approval, a hand clasping Haneul's shoulder in support briefly before he moves off, to deal with what looks like another group starting to argue.

Jack says,

"Yessir".

As Lucas walked away Jack observed that Huizhong's backbone snapping her chest out was much more interesting than his own. He observed her observing him observing her and then he raised an eyebrow.

"Interested?"

Quietly, through her own grin. "Wouldn't your people consider it sleeping with the enemy?" Her eyes are still flicking over the others, though, including a look at Lucas's back. "Interesting that he never served..." Almost too soft to hear, certainly too quiet for anyone but Jack to hear.

Quietly, through her own grin. "Wouldn't your people consider it sleeping with the enemy?" Her eyes are still flicking over the others, though, including a look at Lucas's back. "Interesting that he never served..." Almost too soft to hear, certainly too quiet for anyone but Jack to hear.
Jack answers with a big grin and an equally quiet voice,

"We aren't enemies, more like rivals... I'm just staying close and keeping an eye on you." From Jack's grin and gaze keeping an eye on her isn't difficult, nor would be staying very close. "And he served. Maybe not with us but with someone."

Archived