Trinity Universe: Landing times

BcAugust

(Landing day, March 3rd, 2046)

The shuttle heads to the surface, all of you lucky enough to be on the first one down feeling the weight finally settle on everyone as you enter the gravity well, the individual breathers and bulky cold weather clothing even more of a change after the jumpsuits of the flight.

Yi Haneul is up in the co-pilot's seat, hardly a easy job, as the pilots learn how to actually move the ship down in the less dense air.

Lucas Haim and his regular companion, Niran Keacham, are by the front to be first out, with Jack Stone given a place of honor, along with his Chinese counterpart, Chea Huizhong. Hawk is just behind, though the microphones give him an opportunity to question or take notes as he wishes, his photographer checking all of the equipment. It's about 15 minutes before the landing.

Lucas turns, looking at Jack and Huizhong with a smile. "Still want to have me put a flag down?"

---

In the cabin, the Captain, Eric Heathers, looks over. "Got a five minute burn, then we'll see what they pay us for." A bigger grin. "Ready for the real thing?"

(This is just a short little scene to set up character interactions. Have fun.)

In the cabin, the Captain, Eric Heathers, looks over. "Got a five minute burn, then we'll see what they pay us for." A bigger grin. "Ready for the real thing?"

Haneul looks back at him with a grin that's all teeth. A predator's grin. She doesn't notice this herself, but anyone looking at her does. "Are you kidding!?," she says in only mildly accented English, "moments like these are what I live for!"

She looks back at the rust red sands of the planet below her with wide, tight eyes and her grin only gets wider. And sharper.

It would almost be scary if that smile wasn't framed in such a beautiful face.

Lucas turns, looking at Jack and Huizhong with a smile. "Still want to have me put a flag down?"
Jack says,

"Yep. I have several, including the University of Michigan's. Wow this feels good! We're going to be there... I guess where ever we land should be named Plymouth rock."

Haneul looks back at him with a grin that's all teeth. A predator's grin. She doesn't notice this herself, but anyone looking at her does. "Are you kidding!?," she says in only mildly accented English, "moments like these are what I live for!"

She looks back at the rust red sands of the planet below her with wide, tight eyes and her grin only gets wider. And sharper.

It would almost be scary if that smile wasn't framed in such a beautiful face.

Captain Heathers just shakes his head, a wide grin also. "We'll have to be careful about that landing strip, though. I'm not sure of how complete it really is. Checklist?"

Jack says,

"Yep. I have several, including the University of Michigan's. Wow this feels good! We're going to be there... I guess where ever we land should be named Plymouth rock."

Hiuzhong shakes her head, a charming smile. "How American. We might well name it New Bejing. Though, indeed, stepping foot on this new land should be interesting."

Lucas shakes his head, though his smile doesn't fade. "I suppose the question is what History will name this. Though I wonder, Jack, do you have that Helix flag design still. After all, that's who we're really claiming this planet for. The future of the human race.

He glances over at Hawk, then looks forward, as if he can see the surface. In a quiet, reverential tone "That's what this is for. The future of our race." It would sound silly, coming from most other people, but the force of his belief in that statement shines through.

Captain Heathers just shakes his head, a wide grin also. "We'll have to be careful about that landing strip, though. I'm not sure of how complete it really is. Checklist?"

Haneul looks back at him briefly with a sly smile and says, "Yeah well, I guess we'll be finding out how complete it is real soon."

Hiuzhong shakes her head, a charming smile. "How American. We might well name it New Bejing. Though, indeed, stepping foot on this new land should be interesting."
Jack smiles and answers back,

"New New York?"

Lucas shakes his head, though his smile doesn't fade. "I suppose the question is what History will name this. Though I wonder, Jack, do you have that Helix flag design still. After all, that's who we're really claiming this planet for. The future of the human race.

"Helix, American, Chinese, Brazil, & U of M. It's a gang of 5."

Haneul looks back at him briefly with a sly smile and says, "Yeah well, I guess we'll be finding out how complete it is real soon."

The shuttle bucks a bit as it hits air, though nothing with the density of Earth's atmosphere.

"New New York?"

"Helix, American, Chinese, Brazil, & U of M. It's a gang of 5."

She chuckles. "Though if so, let us hope that this site doesn't get flooded. Perhaps New Rio?" Lucas shakes his head at the two of you, then looks at Hawk for a moment, then looking forward when the first buffetting occurs. "Definitely the Helix." A wave forward, only slightly stilted by the bulky clothes. "Write this down, Hawk. Though I'm sure you'll fancy it up." His eyes look back, taking on everyone in the shuttle. "This is some of the best humanity has to offer. Everyone on this venture has chosen to go into the unknown, to be our guiding lights as explorers have been ever since the first man discovered fire. Whether we succeed or fail, I know we will all try our best to make this a dream man will dream for centuries."

Archived