BcAugust

A group discussion the other day brought up an idea for "alternate" Aberrant worlds. Mulling it over, especially since I wanted a world without a lot of ties to the default setting. So, thinking of what could be the equalivent of the Galtea explosion, it occurred to me the settlement of Mars could be a way to do the same.

So, the players would be part of the first settlement on Mars in 2046, living in the domes set up by robots, when the first "novas" erupt, including the players. So, not only are you dealing with a set of new powers and abilities, you are also dealing with a harsh world, with only a few other people to back you up. Can you find out what's causing these new powers? And what will be the reaction on Earth? On the other settlement ship coming in? And what happens when someone erupts as a Taint Ridden monster, when every person counts for the survival of the settlement?

So, in actual number setups... Was thinking of starting the players as Adventure! characters, likely with a fair number of bonus points(40, perhaps) and a limit on knacks. Then run two or three games as that, before having the eruptions start. Then a limit on Taint, Quantum(max 4), and powers, likely starting the novas with 15 nova points added on, then give heavy experience for the first few games.

Thoughts?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make (most) everyone have the same blood. It turns out that Grandma Smith had the blood, and gave it to all of her children and grandchildren. One of the big things about the Mars settlement was making sure everyone got along well enough for long periods of time to not kill each other. So you have 100 or so people, but several big families.

Percentage of novas should creep up a fair bit more then canon, especially since I'm taking the semi official stalwarts are pre novas. And since Mars(unlike most colonies on Earth) will be made up of the best and brightest daring souls, I'm going to say the initial event(where the player characters get their start too) is 10 novas, and eventually creeping up to 20% of the population before the first children are born on Mars(including the second ship, which has most of the core of the startup population). So, yes, part of the setting will be the growing feeling that "leaving Earth" gives superpowers. Which gives problems when people try to start coming that aren't suited for such. Or even the possibility that Mars just isn't suited for a large population increase. Of course, if people do start coming up without such screening/testing, the percentage will likely drop.

Then again, Earth reactions will likely be less of an immediate problem then the focus on the people already there. I imagine Nova(or whatever names come up) cults will spring up almost immediately, hero worship runs wild at least in the beginning, and the players get to have a direct hand in what new laws and customs that come up.

Hmm. . . I can see a couple ways this could develop socially. One way might be an elitist tendency by which martians, both baseline *and* nova, view themselves as superior to "Earthers". OTOH, relations between novas and baselines within the colony would probably be better, due to the small numbers and tight knit bonds of everyone working to survive on a new world.

Ah, I just thought of another way to alter the odds of erupting by a lot.

It's the inspired types that get sent to Mars to begin with, however it's not recognized that this is what they are when they're sent. I.e. you send the world's best chemist, survivalist, etc, and guess what? Most of them are "the world's best" because they're inspired.

Some things you'll want to figure out:

How long was the trip to Mars?

Several weeks or several years. Were relationships and families well established by the time of landing? When did the eruptions start, after they left earths orbit or after arrival on mars? You may want to think if its something Martian that is causing eruptions (a mutagen or extraterrestial artifact), rather then just something that happens when you leave earths magnetosphere.

Whos paying for all this?

Corporation or government? How do they react to news of the eruptions? Are they going to want to exploit the new nova resource or eliminate the nova threat? Mars based stories often take on trajectory of uprising and independence against the colonial forces of Earth. Red/Green/Blue Mars, Babylon 5, Total Recall and many more.

Okay, so I tend to make corporations and governments the antagonists more often then not. Its the way I was raised.

Nature of Powers on Eruption:

Players obviously knowMega-stamina is going to a priority. But other then that some powers are going to be much more useful. Fertility (as listed in A Breed Apart), for instance, becomes a neccecity for small colony and a crux for storytelling. Powers that minipulate biology and chemicals are also at premium. Is your character optomized for terraforming, exploration, labrotory science, or colony administration?

Wow, a bit overwhelming. Yeah, was pretty much thinking the whole Inspired are most of those going to Mars, due to the whole "best of the best" attitude. On running it here, not exactly sure of the board way of doing that.

On the length of the trip, going with the basic 15 months, assuming that the ships were sent when Mars was closest, after all, they've had twenty years to plan. (Basically going with an 80 year Terraforming plan I saw in Discover a year or so ago, the first twenty years were mainly robot workers.) That does mean that any other trips might be up to three years, depending. The first nova eruptions are happening on Mars, when an event happens that will kill the whole colony shows up. After that? *pulls options close to my chest* However, it's very unlikely there will be eruptions on Earth or the Lunar base.

Paying for it... ah, that's the complicated part. My initial thoughts are a consortium of private and governmental investors. Basically, a foundation which started on a dream, basically started this up, but by this point in time, as it looks like it's working, governments have started supporting it, in return for say in this. The main ones are the Space capable nations(Which, for various reasons, I'm saying are the United States, China, and Brazil). There's a lot of grumbling that they're trying for land grabs on Mars, but with the current state of technology, most people think that's a pipe dream on all the sides. (Which doesn't mean there isn't agents of all the sides there, but the very grind of colonization means you trust your fellows.)

Powers? Haven't fully thought that through, though yeah, Mega Stamina is important, as is, surprisingly Mega Charisma. Other then that, haven't sat down with a list, will do that tonight.

Hmm, some further breakdowns. While most people can do a fair amount of tasks(A favorite saying during the selection process was "Specialization is for insects."), everyone in the colony has an official job that determines what they do during the beginning of the colony. The general breakdown is laborers(Which contains programmers for the various robots, builders and people in charge of maintenance), scientists(People who monitor and work on the terraforming, plus the physical medical corps), social engineers(Psychiatrists, artists, and leaders chosen by the colonists) and then backers(people chosen by either the original society or the various governments to join the colony as leaders, though they can be do any of the above categories.)

Also, the choices had some interesting demographic results. Except for one Backer, Lucas Haim(70), all the people in the first ship range from 22-40. Males outnumber females, though not as drastically as some might assume, given the physical restraints of labor have mostly been removed(30% female, the following ship was carefully set up to bring the female population to 50% of the total, along with several teenage children of the various families involved.) The psych screenings and careful selection of the beginning population ensure everyone involved wants this to succeed, to the point of obsession in a few cases. Another issue is that while all of those screened want children, the fact that it will likely be three years before that expansion does leave a lot of tension, with birth control for both sexes in the food and water at the moment. One of the few advantages of the small size of the colony has shown up already, though. The lack of disease(Not only screening, but the too small population to handle it.) However, there are some mutterings in the medical corp about how to make sure that someone in the future doesn't bring a plague from Earth that could devastate everyone.

Further thoughts on powers

Agg damage is prohibited. Likewise, all Extras are ST permission only. Quantum can be bought with bonus points(maximum of one extra), however, it will not be active until Eruption. That will be the only way to get Quantum 4 at the start of the game. Quantum can not be bought Tainted

Mega Attributes would likely be unlimited, though destructive enhancements would likely lead to the nova being looked at closely and some of the movement enhancements are close to unusable in the environment of the domes and tunnels. (IE, Crush and Lifter could be very useful. Shockwave and Hypermovement would be much less so) Mega Stamina and Adaptability would likely be very common, as would Mega Perception with High End Electromagnetic scan and Vision.

On powers, I think the only out and out disallowed ones would involve elements not readily available on Mars(ie Elemental Anima Water). Without a very good reason, I'm also thinking to not allow any of the Quantum named powers beside Conversion, Bolt and Regeneration. Everything else would just have the usual "Why is your character taking this?" restriction.

Maybe not. If we do with the whole, "you must be an inspired to be sent to Mars but no one has figured out what this means", we might just drop knacks entirely.

What do you mean "we" I was going off of what Bc said was the plan. Inspired type + 40 bonus points, then erupting with 15 NPs followed by oodles of XP

(What is oodles mean anyway BC? ::happy )

On running it here, not exactly sure of the board way of doing that.

Oh! Well there are plenty of us who would be more than pleased to illuminate you on that subject Miss Artemis! ::happy ::happy ::happy

My initial thoughts are a consortium of private and governmental investors. Basically, a foundation which started on a dream, basically started this up, but by this point in time, as it looks like it's working, governments have started supporting it, in return for say in this.

Ooh! It would be cool if it was called "The Aeon Consortium" even if it has nothing to do with the canon Soicety...it would just be cool! ::cool

Also...if we can convince you that Eon is the primo spot for such a campaign, I have a character that just might work...

Oh, I don't mind other people's thoughts. Though yeah, limiting knacks would require some thought as to what isn't obviously superhuman/odd. And oodles, well... I currently for my WW games run about 5 xp a session, but we get more done then a play by post thread likely would. Huh, likely 10-15 xp an arc(depending on the arc), with extra for either downtime side arcs or work on the world.

As to working with it on Eon, I'd likely take a co-gm if I decide to run it here, just to make sure things keep moving and what specific rules are. I'm much better on the story/character side then the rule side.

I was actually thinking the Minerva Foundation(Named for the roman goddess who defeated Mars), given my current gaming groups reaction to the words "Aeon Society".

A very interesting idea. Character development will be a special challenge for you if you run this game, because in a hard science fiction setting in space, there is often nothing else. The setting gets boring after a while, and plot elements are hard to come by in such a self-contained environment. But if you say you're good at the story/character side, I'll believe you. It sounds like a good game. ::happy

And yes, I'm really hoping you decide to run it here. ::blush

On powers, I think the only out and out disallowed ones would involve elements not readily available on Mars(ie Elemental Anima Water).
EA:Water would probably be useful assuming the various "Elemental" powers include the ability to detect their element without a quantum cost (I think the range is like Q+D x20m). Molecular Mastery and Magnetic Mastery have it so it'd be odd if the Elemental powers didn't. Of course, EA:Water wouldn't be all that useful for anything but finding water, but what the hey.
Inspired type + 40 bonus points...
That's a lot of bonus points. Basic insperation is what, 13?

Heh. I've usually had the problem of my players focusing so much on character interaction that problems go unnoticed or seen as diversions from the real fun. So, not really worrying about that. Though I may make a semi official rule that you have to have so many points in other people Backgrounds, just to encourage people to connect to the NPCs.

Other thoughts:

So, why aren't the governments of Earth all over this. Three main reasons.

1) Population drops: As the world has managed to survive the past few tense years, the spreading not only of first world status and the horrid death toll from disease in Asia and Africa, plus the tragic nuking of India and Pakistan, the world population is only 4 billion, and dropping slowly. Most countries see no need to send out colonies, and there's some resentment at the sending out working age adults when there's more need at home.

2) Environmental damage: Almost every country in the world has been effected, not only by global warming, but more open toxins. Radiation damage in India and Southeast Asia, the loss of the Gulf Stream freezing western Europe, wild weather swings hitting both Russia and Australia to the point there's been massive famines, floods and toxic rain in china, Canada and the United States suffering equally. There's a feeling that people should take care of home before going out. If it wasn't for the Minerva Foundation's already done groundwork, people still wouldn't be out there. Plus, the general switchover from an oil based economy has changed the faces of countries more then anything else.

3) Lack of exploitable resources: Let's face it, it's hardly feasible to launch things up one gravity well, then ship it to fall down another one for any material out there. Ideas can easily be spread by radio contact. Of course, expect this to change with the advent of novas...

EA:Water would probably be useful assuming the various "Elemental" powers include the ability to detect their element without a quantum cost (I think the range is like Q+D x20m). Molecular Mastery and Magnetic Mastery have it so it'd be odd if the Elemental powers didn't. Of course, EA:Water wouldn't be all that useful for anything but finding water, but what the hey.

That's a lot of bonus points. Basic insperation is what, 13?

Well, meta brought up that that's bonus points already. And given that this is some of the best people on Earth in their areas, I think it makes sense. Hmm, good point on the EA, but perhaps go with some sort of "Detect" power instead? Finding Water or other materials would certainly useful powers to develop. Perhaps a level two power that can lead to Elemental Anima>Mastery?

Might work better as a Mega Perception enhancement.

Maybe split it in two, an enhancement and a power? An enhancement for a particular element/substance and an actual power for detecting any sort at some sort of distance? Quantum + power rating in kilometers or such? It would be a pretty cool power to have for exploration and discovery. *looks at rules* Okay, not kilometers, but even the 20 meters of Molecular Mastery in a sphere seems to be usable, especially since so much is underground or otherwise hidden from normal cues.

Go with a mineral version of "Animal/Plant Mastery", that has a range of 2km per dot. Of course "control" won't do much since rocks don't move, but it does create a theme. Over that range you can tell what's there, and ask them what "they" know (which isn't going to be much).

*blinks, hits head against the desk* That's wonderful. Thank you. And hey, it's a level two power that's a nice stepping block up.

My guess is, the rocks would "know" location and types of minerals, presence or absence of geological stresses, and extreme physical effects like mining or tunneling.
Exactly. And that'd include ice fields and/or underground rivers.
*blinks, hits head against the desk* That's wonderful. Thank you. And hey, it's a level two power that's a nice stepping block up.
Start the game here and I'll buy it. ::sly

On a side note: This environment comes with some "must" have skills (i.e. if you don't have it then I can't see NASA letting you come).

1 dot in Athletics (tripping over yourself in space is a bad thing)

2 dots in Survival

1 dot in Engineering (breaking equipment is a bad thing)

1 dot in Science (know why some things are bad)

On a side note: This environment comes with some "must" have skills (i.e. if you don't have it then I can't see NASA letting you come).

1 dot in Athletics (tripping over yourself in space is a bad thing)

2 dots in Survival

1 dot in Engineering (breaking equipment is a bad thing)

1 dot in Science (know why some things are bad)

And Minimums for Stats, thinking of Int 3(Given the bias to education), Stamina 3(Or maybe even four, considering how bloody tough you have to be for space trip with low gravity for two years, and Mars gravity below earth's), Wits 3(Reaction and quick thinking adds up to greater survivability) and no other stat below two.

I'd actually up the skills to two dots in Athletics(Exercise is required for long space trips), two in Engineering(For juryrigging and repair as well), one in Endurance(general training) and the following languages minimum(Though this might be an ST give me) English, Mandarin, and Portuguese. Plus, given how many bonus points, it likely wouldn't be out of place to insist on an ability mastery in a skill appropriate for your main specialty.

Hmm, that sounds about right. For the Quantum Restriction...It's mainly because a) I want the time when someone hits Quantum five to be noticeable to the world. B) Given the Quantum field explanation, even though Earth is much, much weaker in it then Mars, Mars is weaker then some other places... at least until novas start working for a while.

Engineering details:

The domes are located close to the north pole two hundred miles apart from each other, both for the water ice and for the current lack of geological activity. There are tunnels underneath each dome, set up as both emergency living quarters, and hibernation chambers in case the dome above needs to be abandoned. There's already set up two separate domes inside the main dome, the Gardens(Oxygen reservoir, minor food source, place for people to gather/relax.) and the industrial plants(Nuclear and electrical conversion to all the dome, plus manufacturing facilities) Most food is either vat meat or hydroponic fruits, vegetables and spices. Needless to say, good cooks are very popular. Live animals are fairly rare, but they're mostly for the embryos that are frozen, preparing for when animals can be released on the world. The domes are set up for a population increase to 20,000 people apiece.

Outside the domes, the situation is lethal for humans, but proceeding nicely, with Carbon Dioxide levels rising to the point the poles are starting to melt into more warming gas. It will likely be another five years before bioengineered microbes can be released, while it will likely be 15 to 20 years before people can walk on the surface of Mars without a suit. Of course, it's still a little cold...(hovering around -25 C)

Power sources:

Solar (Not only directly, via solar film "farms", but by the intensification the gardens and the domes give it.)

Nuclear (Somewhat safer then present Earth, the main problem at the moment is finding more fuel, given the less active core of Mars)

Wind (Minor one, but the storm paths do make it a regular source of low grade energy)

So, worries. Well, there's the usual one about something managing to crack the domes. And there's a fair amount of worry about oxygen and other proper levels, especially given that the atmosphere on Mars will likely never perfectly match Earth's. The shortage of portable water, or perhaps other minerals/materials that they might need. And disease would be devastating if it breaks out.

Jeez! This is what I get for not checking up on a thread regularly. This went from moderately interesting, to a really frickin' cool idea!

So are you seriously considering running this on the EON boards? Cuz I'm interested.

Although, I know nothing at all about the character generation rules for Adventure characters, so I have no idea what "inspiration" points are or what they can buy (I know about Adventure and the character types within it, but I've never read through the book so knacks and all that are a mystery to me). Otherwise, it sounds really cool.

Actually the terminology is getting a bit butcherd...Inspiration is Adventure!'s equivalent to Quantum...its the primary stat that affects your other powered stats.

I think what he means are "transformation points" which are the equivalent of NP, though less potent given the Adventure era....so question then Bc....will the PCs have both Inspiration and Quantum Stats? Will knacks run off inspiration and powers quantum, or will there be an overlap? What about dramatic editing? Would you consider, since the game is a more futuristic setting, letting us start as Asia Ascendants "superiors" Im assuming you want everyone to be of the "Stalwart" type which I believe is what the Superiors are...or are they Daredevils? I cant remember right now...Anyway...the PCs are stalwarts that get "promoted" to full nova status, which is why Im wondering if they will keep the INspiration and such, or just switch to quantum...

Actually the terminology is getting a bit butcherd...Inspiration is Adventure!'s equivalent to Quantum...its the primary stat that affects your other powered stats.

I think what he means are "transformation points" which are the equivalent of NP, though less potent given the Adventure era....so question then Bc....will the PCs have both Inspiration and Quantum Stats? Will knacks run off inspiration and powers quantum, or will there be an overlap? What about dramatic editing? Would you consider, since the game is a more futuristic setting, letting us start as Asia Ascendants "superiors" Im assuming you want everyone to be of the "Stalwart" type which I believe is what the Superiors are...or are they Daredevils? I cant remember right now...Anyway...the PCs are stalwarts that get "promoted" to full nova status, which is why Im wondering if they will keep the INspiration and such, or just switch to quantum...

Hmm, I see three options here.

1) Inspiration changes to Quantum: Direct change, knacks are changed to the nearest power/enhancement.

2) Complete change: Inspiration and knacks have no relation to Quantum and powers, points spent on such are refunded to the player

3) Dual Statted: Players have both Quantum and Inspiration, powers and knacks are handled as usual for both stats, Players can spend xp throughout play to raise either, or convert.

Ah, population. Thinking the first ship brought 500 or so, the second more people, about 1500. So, 2000 or a thousand in each dome, which is a viable beginning population.

My first inclination is that the first would require the least work all around, though certain knacks would likely have to have huge changes. I don't like the second for the huge amount of bookkeeping. The third could be interesting, but would require some good bookkeeping on both sides throughout the game.

Hmm, I see three options here.

1) Inspiration changes to Quantum: Direct change, knacks are changed to the nearest power/enhancement.

2) Complete change: Inspiration and knacks have no relation to Quantum and powers, points spent on such are refunded to the player

3) Dual Statted: Players have both Quantum and Inspiration, powers and knacks are handled as usual for both stats, Players can spend xp throughout play to raise either, or convert.

My first inclination is that the first would require the least work all around, though certain knacks would likely have to have huge changes. I don't like the second for the huge amount of bookkeeping. The third could be interesting, but would require some good bookkeeping on both sides throughout the game.

I'd think option 1 would be best, but then I never really liked "hybrid" characters that much. I'd prefer being a straight nova or a straight stalwart (and is Sky right when he asks whether all players would be starting as Stalwarts as opposed to the other two classes?). And I'd prefer being a straight nova overall since that's what I'm most familiar with.

Allowing Insperation to convert to Quantum would allow for *much* more diverse characters.

More Questions:

1) A! types start with different stats than pre-novas. Which do we use? For example they have 6 background points, not 7. 6/5/3 Attr & not 7/5/3.

I suggest we go with the pre-nova stats, I think much of the lower stats in A! is because it's in the 1920's (so people are poorer, less healthy, etc).

2) I'm thinking about investing in some rank, i.e. Backing. I take it 4 dots is the limit because we already have a 5 dot NPC?

3) How do Resource dots work?

I'd think option 1 would be best, but then I never really liked "hybrid" characters that much. I'd prefer being a straight nova or a straight stalwart (and is Sky right when he asks whether all players would be starting as Stalwarts as opposed to the other two classes?). And I'd prefer being a straight nova overall since that's what I'm most familiar with.

One is my preference as well, I just think given the interest in both, some players would be up for the extra bookkeeping. And while I imagine most people will be Stalwarts, I don't have a problem saying that here, they all turn nova, especially since I don't have the Trinity book.

Allowing Insperation to convert to Quantum would allow for *much* more diverse characters.

More Questions:

1) A! types start with different stats than pre-novas. Which do we use? For example they have 6 background points, not 7. 6/5/3 Attr & not 7/5/3.

I suggest we go with the pre-nova stats, I think much of the lower stats in A! is because it's in the 1920's (so people are poorer, less healthy, etc).

2) I'm thinking about investing in some rank, i.e. Backing. I take it 4 dots is the limit because we already have a 5 dot NPC?

3) How do Resource dots work?

Can I say how much I've been enjoying your questions?

1) Hmm.... I'd actually say take the Adventure! Concept and Natures, plus the choices of backgrounds, pre nova Attributes and Abilities points. good question, I didn't notice that before.

2) You can have a Backing 5, actually, just not the enhancement "In Charge". I'll work out possible Backers, and if you want Earth or Mars societies. There is, obviously, advantages and disadvantages to both.

3) Resources was something I was going to explore later, but this is a good point. Obviously, everyone at the current and likely for the future, will have free access to the basics. Food, air, water, and other basics are shared equally. But, especially since communism is long failed all over the globe, what does money mean, especially since it's meant to phase in as Mars terraforms? Two forms: Land Credits, and Work Credits(Yes, that's the official name. Common is "Acres and Hours.").

Land Credits are just what they sound like, ownership of acres in the future. Every person coming to Mars on the first two ships immediately gets a grant of 500 credits. Every child born on Mars gains 100 credits, to be administered by their parents until the age of majority. The government(Which at this point is pretty much a few administers from the Minerva Foundation, though there will be an election a year after the second ship lands to decide the more permanent government) holds the rest of the Land Credits, with a fourth of the globe set aside as permanent "natural" sites away from any development and several 100 acre sites set aside as cities, owned in common by the government. Land Credits can also be gained by an exchange of Work Credits(which is set at a fairly high, but not impossible rate), or by common vote of the government for exceptional behavior

Work Credits, on the other hand, resolve from one dilemma. Everyone has to work to support the colony. So, at the beginning(set to phase out), Work Credits are the "pay" you receive for your job(Note, which can include things as diverse as construction worker, writer or lab tech) in the colony. So, what does Resources mean? Having a job extremely dangerous or vital to the wellbeing of the colony( examples: Pilot that keeps the contacts between the domes going, or the head scientist in charge of the development of the microbes and plants to the terraforming), work outside the required hours, money given to the expedition before heading out to Mars. (Earth money exchanged, for supplies and the like), or various exchanges between people.

Any questions on the general gist of that? Don't have specifics yet.

Other questions/comments:

1) Eufiber (given the setting I don't see how it could be in, but it's worth asking).

2 ) Geology would be "science" wouldn't it?

Nope, no Eufiber. And yeah, Geology is a science. And I won't go into my usual rant about how WW doesn't divide some of it's skills enough.

I like the dual statted idea in a way, because the Adventure knacks are just friggin cool. Sorry Cottus, but Im gonna have to say that the rest of us shelled out...get yerself 10 bucks and visit drivethrurpr.com (net?) Shortly thereafter I think BN will be recieveing frantic pleas to join our Aeon Society game (trust me dude...its awesome!)

On the other hand...

certain knacks like death defiance, dont translate as well, but thats a daredevil knack though I can see a mebtal power nova originating from a mesmerist type.

Hmm...perhaps option one is the best after all. Knacks like Sex Symbol and perfect poise become mega atts in appearance and wits. Question...does our nova nature necessarily come as a direct translation of knacks? I had a cool idea or two I might like to try but its not as directly portable from knacks alone.

a few other things:

1.) May I suggest or ask that, though we are stalwarts, you open up knack selection to include all 3 types.

2.) I like the idea of the NIhonjin Stalwarts (they call them Superiors). GIven the futuristic tone of the game and desire for the PCs to be the best of the best, it would make alot of sense, though in this case Id suggest making them the purvey of all first world nations, and not just the Japanese.

3.) What about the gadget or device backgrounds? Also, since the Colony was set up by robots it would be cool to have a few of those advanced Nihonjin VR robots for certain dangerous tasks outside the domes (one of my ideas may be cyberkinetic, which would be cool to have robots....or maybe a q-construct defined as constructing robots or even creating "tectonic" entities (like the rock moster in the movie galaxy quest.) And yes in this case I would heavily weaken the q-construct, so that the entities can only have the powers they would gain from whatever they are made of...)

4.) May I suggest or ask also, that we make the baseline stats off of Aberrant levels. The Adventure levels were both to simulate the earlier times as well as making the heroic stand out that much more. The Aberrant levels are pretty much the standard WW system for all their games, WoD etc...

5.) I just want to say that this is perfect example of a game that sounds awesome at lower beginning levels. It makes having a dot in a Mega Attribute feel impressive again. Since its not uncommon in canon to see people in the 3 4 and 5 range if not higher, 1 and 2 doesnt seem as much. But I think we forget that 1 dot is better than any baseline can ever be. Given that we'll be the first Novas amongst humans makes that feel awe inspiring and special again...

Good on you. ::ultracool

Archived