[Numenera] Table Talk From the 9th World

jameson (ST)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should also note that I am intending that Alice is visiting the clave in hopes that the Aeon priests may have some knowledge of the effect that summarily stranded her in the region and how she might be able to use it to get back to the coast (note: they do not).

Essentially I was hoping to create a level of early PC interaction to allow for additional post content rather than assuming that you all knew each other and thus would have less reason to engage in small talk.

Korch - Has Arisi already given Korch his bow, or are you looking for her to get him a new one or repair the one in pieces? Any of those is fine for me, I just need to know so I can rp the past or present relationship for that. :)

As I recall Mala's character gives you your starting bow, so I figured I would allow that to happen IC as a point of PC bonding.

I'm working based on this. So you haven't yet given it to him. I tried to make it easier to happen by having had his current one in shambles. Stepped on by a horse/elephant/drunk cyborg or something.

I'm working based on this. So you haven't yet given it to him. I tried to make it easier to happen by having had his current one in shambles. Stepped on by a horse/elephant/drunk cyborg or something.

Destroyed by some kind of creature.

I should also note that there will be times when brute force will simply not be an option. Not sure if that will come up in this story, but I know that in some of the follow ups I have run for my TT group they were forced to flee combat against superior foes and rethink their approach to the problem.

Destroyed by some kind of creature.

I should also note that there will be times when brute force will simply not be an option. Not sure if that will come up in this story, but I know that in some of the follow ups I have run for my TT group they were forced to flee combat against superior foes and rethink their approach to the problem.

It was dark out, I was likely to be eaten by a grue, however my trusty crossbow took one for the team.

[all kinds of IC stuff]

OK, that was fucking awesome. Great way to work the background connection into the game and work the setting and cyphers into things without making stuff complicated.

Normally to give out EXP during play I need to use GM intervention and make your lives difficult, but that was precisely awesome enough that I'm going to hand a dash out right now to encourage the awesome to flow. Mala, you get 1 EXP, and you can choose one other player to get 1 EXP.

As an aside note, until we start getting into the thick of the rulesy bits I find this kind of improvised cypher to be acceptable as it impacts only RP and not any rules or mechanics. :)

Hmm .... follow up post, who here has the Core book?

If you do please read pages 110 through 112 to get the low down on Experience.

If you don't please let me know so I can give you a download on the short term uses of experience, as you may find it useful on occasion to burn it on short term and immediate rewards instead of banking it for advancement and other longer term rewards,

OK, cool. In the meantime, since Tirrum has a thriving trade (due to the demand of jili berries) if anybody wants to pick up anything in the market it's probably available, basically all of the basic items in the equipment section are available at list. If you buy something feel free to make a post of it, and if you want to try and haggle let me know and we can discuss.

I am planning to try and advance things from Tirrum to the journey to Redstone this weekend.

Sounds good. I sent a PM to Mike with the immediate, short term and medium term experience spends, and was planning to extend that as needed so I guess as needed as "not".

being that EXP are a combo-resource that works like WW experience and Fate/Hero/Bennie points ... how would you all like to track this? I can do this online or off, or allow you to do it. The choice is yours. In the meantime keep up the good work and expect an update tomorrow or Sunday.

Archived