Mutants & Masterminds: Struggles of Iannin - Table Talk - Fifth Age of Iannin

Ouroboros

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick note for you guys, since I'm still getting to know your PCs I won't be doing any significant piloting of them for you for a bit. Also for any NPCs please try to give me at least enough to go by with regards to attitude and "voice", as this will help me reply in a more timely, and quality, fashion. :D

Adrian, FYI, I'm going to assume the ship he last served on rowed into port (which is possible, just not easy), for my reply (later tonight I hope), otherwise he would have been in port for a few days now with not a breeze to be felt and a most strange stillness around the Spear. I said in my opening post that the weather had been like this for days which would preclude Nar having arrived that day unless they did row into port.

Vessels that can "sail" by magic alone are not at all common in this time so that is not an option.

I was going to ask how you fared, work has been utterly insane because of the snow. I've talked to people that had about 2 feet of the slush and had every tree in the area get knocked down because they still had leaves and couldn't bear (bare?) the weight.

Hard to say for sure, I would guess minimum 12" possibly more since it seemed to compact under its own weight. Heavy stuff, very very wet (like shoveling a driveway full of slush 10"+ deep. Lost power at 10:30 Sat night and got it back about 4:15 this am. Not a lot of downed trees in my neighborhood but on the way to work it looked like the city got carpetbombed

Hard to say for sure, I would guess minimum 12" possibly more since it seemed to compact under its own weight. Heavy stuff, very very wet (like shoveling a driveway full of slush 10"+ deep. Lost power at 10:30 Sat night and got it back about 4:15 this am. Not a lot of downed trees in my neighborhood but on the way to work it looked like the city got carpetbombed

Glad to see you survived, Jim. I was concerned about you. :)

As a note: The crowd is very much just a crowd. Yes there are lots of people. but its not a mob, nor a riot, think more like "the mall at Christmas". The weather, especially the strange lack of winds, has seen the Temples all get more "business" than usual in the past few days, none more than the Temple of Winds. Sorry for any confusion, I thought I had established that all in my posts but apparently it wasn't crystal.

Adrian, Suragygh doesn't have any ranks of Wealth purchased.

Since you have 1 pp banked from Char Gen I will allow you to have the pearl on your person by either buying Benefit (Wealth 1) with that PP or by spending a HP for a Heroic Feat (gaining Benefit (Wealth 1) for this scene). Alternately, if you prefer you can edit your post to come up empty handed.

Please let me know which you want to do, and then I will post my update.

I'm going to put up a short post in a moment to close out the immediate scene. Since now is a good time I am going to award each of you 1 HP (for dealing with Chaos for Sur and Ausar for Drage), and also 1 pp.

If you want to use the PP before we continue just let me know. I'll expect you guys to post up whatever you do during the scene change and get yourselves back to the temple. Thanks

FYI Guys. I'll be gone next week in its entirety. I will try to hop online as I am able but I don't expect to have any ability to post until probably Sunday the 27th.

I am going to try and update today, and maybe again this weekend, but I just wanted to let you know we would be on hold for the holiday week.

damonrath: for the tavern we went into in SOI, can I free write, or do you need to respond? I have the stats to drink just about anyone under the table

locating Elantine

me: what is it you want to do?

damonrath: join conversation, make sure people are nice and slushy and start getting info

see who might have what etc

perhaps play a few games and earn some coin

me: I was planning to have info gathering as part RP and part skill challenge

damonrath: k

me: but so long as you don't go overboard you can post freely so long as it doesn't impoact the plot

damonrath: well, the end of it would be, 'yeah whatshisfacewiththeeyes has some Elantine'

me: hmm

damonrath: hence me asking

I can stop at something more vague

"yeah, I know a guy pass out"

me: tell you what, since I'll be out, treat it as a skill challenge, DC 15 on Persuation (defaulting to Pre) you need 5 total degrees of sux before you get 4 total degrees of failure

each roll counts as an hour

damonrath: k

me: if you and Sur work together you get a +2 circumstance bonus on whomever's bonus is higher. If you work separate you guys roll your own tests

I'll post this into the OOC and let you guys decide how you want to run it

damonrath@gmail.com: kk, I wrote it all down too

all this ... you guys figure out how you want to roll, make sure you post your rolls and any HPs and/or advantages you may want to use, and I'll try to get it sorted when I get back, or before.

I think we would do better to work together. Sur may be on the 'lookout', but that's not to say he can't be joining in on the conversation to entice further details or facts.

Drage has no persuasion, so would default to Presence at a +1. The only applicable Advantages I can think of for him is his Great Endurance to ensure a lack of drunkiness (and Stamina 4) and his knowledge of languages, so that if anyone says stuff in anything other than common, he can understand it, (most likely).

What does Sur have?

This has been bugging me a bit, and I've decided to say something about it.

Adrian, what's going on with your character? I ask because even though Sur is substantially more personable and skilled in speechcraft than Drage (by ability and skill both) you decided to "back his play" resulting in a much less likely information gathering process. Also, despite having built a leader with a strong persona, speechcraft and leadership skills Sur has taken a nearly silent follower role to Drage.

I'm not sure if this is a symptom of you not enjoying the game (being detached and thus taking a more passive reactive role), or simply a matter of having a disconnect between what you had in mind when you built the PC and now as you have started to play him.

I want to make sure you both have a good time, and I also want to make sure that each of you has time to shine with your strengths on display, and so far Sur has been shying away from what should have been a chance for his interpersonal skills to shine. Help me out here, I'm confused.

I actually thought Drage was the more skilled face man. I would have gladly stepped up if I had realized the difference. I viewed the situation much like you don't follow your scout into the field when seeking your enemy, or nudge a mage's arm when he's busy. I guess I have to Gibb-Slap Drage in the back of the head for his hard work. :arge:

I'm into the character. I was trying to NOT hog the spotlight is all.

Alright. Given that there's just two of you I wouldn't worry too much about hogging the spotlight. I'd rather you guys jump at your chance to shine than having to fire up the 1,000,000 watt searchlight to find you ;)

Also any time those kinds of team checks come up you should both feel free to look at each other's sheets to decide OOCly how best to tackle things. 15 DC was meant to be easy for you guys (since you could have done it in just 3 hours taking only routine checks with your +7) but later on I'll be making things harder and making situations require that you work together to compliment the best of your abilities to be able to succeed. :)

Anyway, glad to know this is just a communications issue (pun intended) and not a problem with the game. Carry on.

Archived